Post-Game Talk: Game 16 - THE BEAR puts LEAFblower on high - BRUINS 5 Hogtown 1 F

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wow Halak made 40 saves? Insane.

The first 10-12 minutes the Leafs were flying and the B`s were watching them, it wasn`t pretty. With about 7-8 minutes left in the first the B`s woke up a bit, popped one and were the better team the rest of the way by a wide margin but Halak kept them in it the during the first period and made the saves he needed to the rest of the way when called upon

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
To clear up a misconception had by a lot of HFBoard posters I am seeing:

I doubt any of us Bruins fans are claiming we beat up a Toronto team that is going on all cylinders. Toronto was behind the 8-Ball in several ways last night.
The thing is, we don't care. We will happily celebrate any win over Toronto we can get.
They could have all had the flu and been barely able to skate. Still, we would all here be "WOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Same thing from them. If Bergeron was injured and we played McIntyre and got lit up they would still be fully celebrating. That's what a rivalry does.

True, for a good laugh though, check out the Leaf board, multiple pages screaming about their backup goalie and many other fun things

Reactions: FanSince72

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
There are only TWO arenas in the NHL I would tell Bruins fans to be careful

Upper Bowl at Madison Square Garden and anywhere in Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia
I went to B's-Flyers at Wells Fargo Center last year in the upper bowl and had a wonderful time. There was definitely some playful ribbing from Flyers fans, but nothing aggressive or malicious.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I went to B's-Flyers at Wells Fargo Center last year in the upper bowl and had a wonderful time. There was definitely some playful ribbing from Flyers fans, but nothing aggressive or malicious.

I have had only two experiences in Philly and they were drastically different. I hit a matinee game and the fans around me were terrific, poking fun at each other but nothing remotely aggressive, the 2nd was an evening tilt, it was quite obvious that many had taken advantage of the start time to 'over serve" themselves and while I never really felt in danger, it wasn`t nearly as comfortable as my first experience.

I`ve had the good fortune of hitting most, if not all of the major cities in your country and Philly is one that if I don`t visit it again, I`ll rest easy

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I have had only two experiences in Philly and they were drastically different. I hit a matinee game and the fans around me were terrific, poking fun at each other but nothing remotely aggressive, the 2nd was an evening tilt, it was quite obvious that many had taken advantage of the start time to 'over serve" themselves and while I never really felt in danger, it wasn`t nearly as comfortable as my first experience.

I`ve had the good fortune of hitting most, if not all of the major cities in your country and Philly is one that if I don`t visit it again, I`ll rest easy
This checks out. Game I was at was a matinee. Guess I didn't get the full experience:laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ha! I can’t explain the Mummers!
A chance for straight white guys to dress in feathers once a year? :sarcasm:
The Action News theme was ingrained in our psyches for 40-50 years. Ya don’t mess with that.

Wawa has passable coffee & hoagies & no-fee ATMs.

I grew up in enemy territory, so it all seems normal to me. :laugh:

@sooshii The NBC station in Philly must have been thrilled with this

Reactions: sooshii

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
To clear up a misconception had by a lot of HFBoard posters I am seeing:

I doubt any of us Bruins fans are claiming we beat up a Toronto team that is going on all cylinders. Toronto was behind the 8-Ball in several ways last night.
The thing is, we don't care. We will happily celebrate any win over Toronto we can get.
They could have all had the flu and been barely able to skate. Still, we would all here be "WOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Same thing from them. If Bergeron was injured and we played McIntyre and got lit up they would still be fully celebrating. That's what a rivalry does.
It seems the TML rivalry has a lot more fire these days than the Habs rivalry does.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Tough about Carlo, he seemed a bit off last night. Lauzon has been really good in the games I watched. So the positive take is more experience for a future deeman. Hopefully it is nothing bad with Carlo.

Great to see how Nordstrom has turned the 2nd line around with his hustle and fore checking and guess what he does have good hands. Backes was good on the 4th, he got them playing more intense, leave Acciari out.

The kids on the 3rd line is the future, I am looking forward to see them flourish. Once again the knuckle dragger crowd sure vanished with all the crazy trade ideas. Grizz and Moore impress me every game, as does Krug and the timeless one Chara.

Reactions: sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-11-11_14-12-38.png

Reactions: Paddington

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So do we have 5 left shot defensemen in the lineup tonight?

I don't think handedness is as big of an issue as a lot of other folks, but does highlight that after Mac and Carlo, we're pretty thin on right shot D.

At least its not 5 right shot defensemen tonight.

And the one right shot defenseman tonight is a 30 year-old AHLer.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Wonder if fans of any other teams come here after a Bruins loss? Not that there would be anything funny.....(to us).

Toronto and Montreal fans do because I see them take the most hot-taek posts from our game threads and repost them in their own to stoke the fires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad