Post-Game Talk: Game 16 - THE BEAR puts LEAFblower on high - BRUINS 5 Hogtown 1 F

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
DhCbCzqUcAA01Ef.jpg

If only his parents had bought him the right bed sheets.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
No way. I learned my lesson on the habs board back in the day when I theorized Pacioretty simply mistook that stanchion for PJ Subban's butt cheeks.

"MEOOW HISSSSSSSSS" It got ugly. But I stand by my contention.

Bergeron #1 overall in points. Is anyone more deserving? I hope Pasta and Marshy can keep him there. Patrice wanted a more offensive role the last time he signed, it's great to see it come to fruition for him. I always wanted the B's to draft someone like Yzerman. At this point I feel like I was granted my wish. There was a time when Yzerman was discussed in the same circles as Gretzky and Lemiuex in terms of offense. When Scotty Bowman told him he needed to focus more on being a 2 way forward for them to win a Stanley Cup, he left points on the floor w/o hesitation. Has Bergy been any different for us?

Bolded brought me to tears. Pro delivery too. Perfect.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
In the 17 years I have been going to the B's games The Leaf fans are my favorite visiting fans.

My daughter and I went to a game in Dec of 2014 (after the come back in game 7) and the fans there teased us but were fun and nice. Toronto is a very nice city to visit.
Except if you drive through it, one of the worst in North America, think they are in the top 5 for congestion. I drove through it last night going north to Barrie where it was snowing. You know it is going be bad when it is already stop and go on the QEW and you are in the suburbs of Toronto in Mississauga, actually a good sized city on its own, population 722,000. Toronto is a nice safe city, I lived there for a year in the late 80's.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Thank you bruins for kicking their smug fanbase butts!
I was in Barrie last night (traffic was hell and it was freezing snow up there) visiting family and my Brother-in-Law comes down stairs in a away Leaf jersey. I was thinking please just beat them for me tonight. Needless to say it was a perfect night, you know they played last night and all, back up goalie, no Matthews or Nylander, lol.

My daughters boyfriend is a Leaf fan too, well of course, look where we live. Oddly quiet this morning. My Daughter went out early, I opened the house door to tell her that her car needs oil. At the same exact time the neighbour was out walking his dog, a huge Leaf fan, he avoided me, lol.

If anything happens to Anderson they are screwed. Sparks is it, they lost the other 2 back ups in the waivers, they have no one else. Sparks GAA is 4.00

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Wait, NJ was the Leafs opponent the night before? Why the **** would they give their shaky backup the divisional opponent they will likely be battling again for seeding?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Wait, NJ was the Leafs opponent the night before? Why the **** would they give their shaky backup the divisional opponent they will likely be battling again for seeding?

I don't know but Babcock got it right!

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hey where are the "we need big tough fighting" crowd guys gone or are they still on the last games page, complaining. They must have hated all that passing, skating and scoring last night. I bet when Nordy scored some turned it off.:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I could see the Leafs trying to get Plekanec to come out of retirement,he had done a pretty good job containing Bergy in the playoffs when they put him up against that line.Lol

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Slight difference between "putting up points" and "the most goals".

Hamilton leaving Boston was a “travesty”. Then a couple years later, he was traded again, largely with a reputation as a defensive liability at times with a bad attitude.

If people are honestly not over this trade at this point, thinking we got schooled, they’re not paying any attention IMO.

Points/goals...both are statistics which occur as a result of goals so no, it’s really not much different.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Hamilton leaving Boston was a “travesty”. Then a couple years later, he was traded again, largely with a reputation as a defensive liability at times with a bad attitude.

If people are honestly not over this trade at this point, thinking we got schooled, they’re not paying any attention IMO.

Points/goals...both are statistics which occur as a result of goals so no, it’s really not much different.

He has really burned his bridges everywhere he has gone with management and the respective fan bases as well. People respect his talent, but the goodwill wears thin quickly with him it seems.

Hot mic catches broadcaster in expletive-filled rant on Flames' Dougie Hamilton

Reactions: FanSince72

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
To be fair: Leafs didn't have Mathews and Nylander (or whoever comes in for him)
To be thankful: Mr Halak had a bad game and rebounded very nicely from it, allowing 1 goal which was unstoppable.
Don't know what Rask's personal problems are and wish him only well, but may be having Halak as our no.1 until proven otherwise is the way to go.

I really liked Nordstriom's and DeBrusk's play last night.

Reactions: FanSince72

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
To clear up a misconception had by a lot of HFBoard posters I am seeing:

I doubt any of us Bruins fans are claiming we beat up a Toronto team that is going on all cylinders. Toronto was behind the 8-Ball in several ways last night.
The thing is, we don't care. We will happily celebrate any win over Toronto we can get.
They could have all had the flu and been barely able to skate. Still, we would all here be "WOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Same thing from them. If Bergeron was injured and we played McIntyre and got lit up they would still be fully celebrating. That's what a rivalry does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad