discord.gg
pens%20%40%20devils%2011-13-18.png

pens%20%40%20devils%2011-13-18%20leaders.png

Projected Line Combinations
Pens%20lines.png

devils%20lines.png

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We better finally get a win against these ****ers and Geno better make up for his lousy game against the Coyotes by getting 3 points....or I’ll be ****ing pissed!

Reactions: EightyOne

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Devils are coming off a long road trip I believe, it should be our game to lose.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Deb's are 5-1-1 at home and 1-7 on the road. Now I'm worried the Penguins play them at their home... thats no good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So how many goals will Boyle murder us with?
Don’t know officially. Murray is the starter but De Smith playing better.

If De Smith is playing hot they will generally ride it out.

I think generally, Sullivan likes to give his goalie a chance to get a win back from a team. This could be Murray and then based on this game vs the Devils, it'll be either Murray if he has a solid game vs the Devils or DeSmith if Murray tanks it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It will be pretty funny if Riikola doesn't play after I used him for the graphic.
Seems like he would, I was reading a Pensburgh article about Sullivan and what not, it read like an article afraid of calling out Sullivan for any of his stuff but with like kid gloves with pillow cushions duct taped to them.

Basically the gist is that he's not a fan of Oleksiak (needs to not lead the rush, but join the rush, but then cites that Martin and Sarge need to work with him more, I feel like he's doing that because of what Sarge has been teaching him)...

So I expect more of the illustrious Dumoulin-Ruhwedel duo and the Maatta-Riikola tandem *sorry I threw up in my mouth just typing that last one*

Riikola has a lot of promise, a lot. But he can be slipped through the waivers can't he?

Why wouldn't you call up Prow? NOW is when you want to see what he has, send him back down, let him marinate with that taste, then when injuries happen, you hope he's worked on his flaws.

But I bet it'll be Trotman if we ever have any other injuries on D. This team loves its trash journeymen on D from the AHL.

Thank god Czuczman is gone, oh wait.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Don’t know officially. Murray is the starter but De Smith playing better.

If De Smith is playing hot they will generally ride it out.

Penguins keeping faith in Murray

"But Murray has struggled this season and has been temporarily usurped by Casey DeSmith, something that Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said gives him more time to work with goaltending coach Mike Buckley."

Sounds to me that Mur is getting time to work on his game while Dsmitty is riding a hot streak.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Penguins keeping faith in Murray

"But Murray has struggled this season and has been temporarily usurped by Casey DeSmith, something that Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said gives him more time to work with goaltending coach Mike Buckley."

Sounds to me that Mur is getting time to work on his game while Dsmitty is riding a hot streak.
Why do people have such short-term memory? This happens all the time in the NHL. Just in recent memory:

- Darling had to win a playoff series for Crawford.
- Holtby was benched and came back in the postseason to return to form. (Didn't even start game 1)
- Hell in Pittsburgh Flower had to sit for guys like Conklin and Johnson before. This is nothing new.
- Kinkaid played for Schneider.

The Pens are "keeping faith in Murray" is one of the silliest lines. This happens across the NHL all the time. Hell.. ask Habs fans what they think of Carey Price right now.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Hopefully Rust builds off his his play in the Arizona game and doesn’t fall back into playing like ass.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Really hoping for a good game defensively or this could be a very one sided affair. I think DeSmith gets the start. I think Rikkola should play. I think Maatta should sit. HAHA...right

3-4 lines need a score here. Just something to take the heat, out of a hot kitchen. lol had too..

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Really hoping for a good game defensively or this could be a very one sided affair. I think DeSmith gets the start. I think Rikkola should play. I think Maatta should sit. HAHA...right

3-4 lines need a score here. Just something to take the heat, out of a hot kitchen. lol had too..

FYI, based on practice yesterday, it appears that Riikola will be sitting and Olek playing again...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So Hischier and Boyle are out tonight with injuries...it should be a cake walk for the Pens but watch them lose against the NJD AHL squad...

Reactions: KIRK

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Why do people have such short-term memory? This happens all the time in the NHL. Just in recent memory:

- Darling had to win a playoff series for Crawford.
- Holtby was benched and came back in the postseason to return to form. (Didn't even start game 1)
- Hell in Pittsburgh Flower had to sit for guys like Conklin and Johnson before. This is nothing new.
- Kinkaid played for Schneider.

The Pens are "keeping faith in Murray" is one of the silliest lines. This happens across the NHL all the time. Hell.. ask Habs fans what they think of Carey Price right now.

I'm not defending MAF with what i'm about to say, but...

Over the past few years, this board (and maybe the NHL fandom in general) has really gravitated towards a real, what I call, "College Football Mindset." I think NCAAF has been ruined by the reality that if you don't go undefeated, you didn't have a successful year. In the NHL, it's become, if you're not constantly pitching shutouts, you're a trash goalie. And, of course, there's no middle ground. You're either HoF-bound or trash, and you can only change your lot in one direction (From HoF-worthy to trash, not Trash to HoF-worthy!!11!11!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad