GDT: Game #16 of the season Ducks visit Sharks 10:30 PM ET on 2 - 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Hate when we lose to the Sharks :(

At least we got goals from our young ones especially Comtois who is our goal scoring machine with his 7th goal so far :)

Ducks goals of the game

Ducks defense.png

Damn it enough is enough no more having Shattenkirk playing the most mins from our defense.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Getzlaf's line was useless tonight. Is Heinen any better than Jones? Get Shattenkirk off the PP, please. And why aren't Rakell and Comtois on the same PP unit? Come to think of it, get Shattenkirk off the ice, period.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think Grant, and the entire fourth line tbh, just had a bad game. Although, I don't think its above being shooken up. Like Jones can easily go in for Des(sorry Dirk).

I'm also interested in seeing Heinen-Getzlaf-Terry if Getzlaf decides to give a damn. Plus the Steel line got going a bit more with Rico at the end so yeah I'd probably just stick with that for next game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Fowler came very close to score in that late sequence.

But damn, this hurts to lose, especially since the Yotes won against St.Louis.
Yotes look to be the early favorites for that #4 spot. There is still time for us to catch them, but we have to get better. Take another step.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I give Eakins the credit for this. Something dramatically changed in Rakells mindset.
Honestly, I think Eakins has been great. We still need to improve our special teams, but I believe lots of it should come from the supporting cast.
And credit where credit is due, Bob for putting some competition in the roster to keep everyone on their toes and competing for spots.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Getzlaf having an off game shouldn't mean the team loses to the Sharks. The young players are inconsistent, as they should be, but improving overall. Rakell, Lundestrum, Terry, Comtois, Hutton, and Hakanpaa all continue to play well even if Rakell can't score.

The veterans, on the other hand, are non-existent. Henrique, Silfverberg, Grant, and - to a lesser extent - Fowler have yet to show up. I don't even want to waste energy discussing the tire-fire that is Shattenkirk. Might be time to send a message by trading one of the vets. Losing one of Henrique or Silfverberg's contracts (preferably Henrique) wouldn't be the worst. Unfortunately, I don't think BM is willing to giving up on Shattenkirk so soon.

Reactions: AngelDuck and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Getzlaf having an off game shouldn't mean the team loses to the Sharks. The young players are inconsistent, as they should be, but improving overall. Rakell, Lundestrum, Terry, Comtois, Hutton, and Hakanpaa all continue to play well even if Rakell can't score.

The veterans, on the other hand, are non-existent. Henrique, Silfverberg, Grant, and - to a lesser extent - Fowler have yet to show up. I don't even want to waste energy discussing the tire-fire that is Shattenkirk. Might be time to send a message by trading one of the vets. Losing one of Henrique or Silfverberg's contracts (preferably Henrique) wouldn't be the worst. Unfortunately, I don't think BM is willing to giving up on Shattenkirk so soon.
I agree for the most part, but just curious on the last sentence – what do you think should be the right action plan here?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very disappointing loss. 2nd period killed them. Getz likely with his worst game in awhile, and Eakins needs to stop putting Shattenkirk for the extra attacker, oh wait he’s an offensive D, but is he really? Asshole wins a cup with Tampa and now is just collecting his paycheck. I would beg Seattle to take him . So angry with him and I defended in when he came here and was excited. That icing in the final seconds of the game was my breaking point with him. I rather have an inexperienced Drysdale take his spot. I guarantee they will be better.

You guys talk about trading Rakell. I would really think about that for a second. The Comtois and Rakell connection is sexy as hell right now. Comtois and Rakell are 1st and 2nd in points on a really shitty offensive Ducks team. We need offense and to move Rakell would sink us to last place in the league in scoring.....oh wait, can it get even worse??

They need to get wins against teams like this. For them to make Martin F’ing Jones look good, is a serious problem.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
On that third period two on one, Silf doesnt pass, but decides to put the shot right in the logo. Like make a good shot. It seems like at his best, he was just a product of Kesler.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm not suggesting bringing him up now, but this team needs someone like Drysdale really badly.

Hasnt really been talked about here but I wonder if the Ducks would rather move Drysdale to the big club as apposed to playing 20 games of Jr? Not saying that would be best for him but he's probably more prepared to be in the NHL than Cam was.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly, I think Eakins has been great. We still need to improve our special teams, but I believe lots of it should come from the supporting cast.
And credit where credit is due, Bob for putting some competition in the roster to keep everyone on their toes and competing for spots.

The big thing has been the (for the most part) the benchings/scratches coming back. Didn't Terry, Lundestrom, and now Steel all get sat a game then came back looking like new players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad