GDT: Game 16 - New York Rangers @ Nashville Predators , 8pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Unpopular opinion time - Hajek has really been a solid addition and deserves to keep playing
Like Jones I think he has had his good and bad moments but overall I would say they both have progressed a little this year.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Reijo Ruotsalainen, the only player I ever watched who skate just as fast backwards as forward. And he was fast.
I tried to spell his name once here in a post without looking it up. Spelled it phonetically. The result made some of our Nordic friends here eye’s bleed.

Lines have been updated.

**Don’t shoot the messenger**
Vesey has become Colin Blackwell.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It sucks for Vesey because he’s a good 4th liner but Gallant puts him in spots where he can’t succeed and people complain about him

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
B12EEBE6-B371-4904-87C0-846F867E5A67.gif

Sunday lunchtime puck drop for us down under. LGR!

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I don't understand why losing one forward meant the lines had to juggled completely. Kravtsov is one of our least important forwards to boot.
2 players are being moved around with Krav out and Carpenter in.That's not the entire lineup being juggled

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
2 players are being moved around with Krav out and Carpenter in.That's not the entire lineup being juggled

Why get rid of the kid line though? I was skeptical of putting them together because I was worried that it would hurt the top two lines but that didn't materialize.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is a big game, to see if they can build on that 3rd period and play a 60 min game tonight.
I think over the course of a season you can probably count "60 minute games" on one hand. It's a Boogeyman that we're chasing.

It's the best league in the world. It isn't MLB where 18 teams are tanking or soccer where some leagues literally have one relevant team. Everyone is in it. Your opponent is going to carry play for stretches almost every single night.

If 2/3 periods are plus periods most nights, you're a Cup contender.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Sources tell the New York Post that Big Willy and son Ryan Reaves challenged Kravtsov to a Nashville hot chicken eating contest at yesterday's team-bonding event at Topgolf Nashville. Gallant says Kravtsov is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, but is hopeful that the enigmatic young Russian forward will be ready for tomorrow's desert showdown with the Yotes
Two things: Love the “lower-body” injury! Second: got scared reading “dessert” showdown upcoming!

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think over the course of a season you can probably count "60 minute games" on one hand. It's a Boogeyman that we're chasing.

It's the best league in the world. It isn't MLB where 18 teams are tanking or soccer where some leagues literally have one relevant team. Everyone is in it. Your opponent is going to carry play for stretches almost every single night.

If 2/3 periods are plus periods most nights, you're a Cup contender.

I've said this exact same thing. Last game we outscored the Wings 6-0 in the 3rd but the first 5 minutes of that third we looked like shit. Also looked like shit the first 10 minutes of the first. The closest thing that came to a "60 minute effort" was the Flyers game and on two occasions Shesterkin had to make an incredible save late to salvage the game.

Reactions: Machinehead

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
A small part of my job is teaching geography to high school students and even I can't get my brain to conceive that Nashville is in the central timezone and Detroit isn't.

Does it just not seem right to anybody else?
I assume Tennessee is a coastal state in my minds eye.

Reactions: Machinehead

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Are You guys are kidding that he isn't playing tonight after playing some of his most inspiring hockey (albeit not saying much) the other eve?!
If he is out just plug whoever there please don't touch the kid line. I think Panarin and Trocheck will be fine with whoever you throw up there for a game or two.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
A small part of my job is teaching geography to high school students and even I can't get my brain to conceive that Nashville is in the central timezone and Detroit isn't.

Does it just not seem right to anybody else?
Detroit is further east than Nashville. But I think both Michigan and Tennessee have a weird split between their time zones, rather than the whole state in one time zone. I could be wrong about that though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I assume Tennessee is a coastal state in my minds eye.
Right?!?!

Like, I know why. The US is a very large piece of land and the Earth actually rounds significantly as you go from Detroit to Nashville, which widens the timezones and causes them to skew.

But STILL, Tennessee is on the Atlantic Coast and for some reason you can't tell my brain otherwise.

Reactions: DialUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad