Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Hoglander-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Miller-Gaudette
MacEwen-Horvat-Motte
Roussel-Beagle-Sutter

Maybe we should try something like that? Just roll 3 lines with the 4th line hopefully getting limited relief minutes.

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If the national calling out after last game can’t get them up and paying attention for 60 minutes it’s beyond repair. So we will see what happens.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hoglander-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Miller-Gaudette
Roussel-Horvat-Motte
Roussel-Beagle-Sutter

Maybe we should try something like that? Just roll 3 lines with the 4th line hopefully getting limited relief minutes.

4VtwvFH.gif

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Here's my lineup:

don'tbeapouter-don'tbeaquitter-don'tbeaquitter
hogs-cap-don'tbeaquitter
don'tbeaquitter-don'tbeaquitter-clamato
don'tbeaquitter-don'tbeaquitter-don'tbeaquitter

huggy-schmidty
oldguy-don'tbeaquitter
shouldabeeninthelineuplastcouplegamesbutgreenbeinggreen-stoptakingpenalties

steemin'madgoalie
chillgoalie

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Here's my lineup:

hogs-cap-don'tbeaquitter

huggy-schmidty
oldguy-don'tbeaquitter

steemin'madgoalie
chillgoalie

Now this I dig.

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
It's the Travis Green way.

Boeser lights it up in pre-season? Sit him for the first regular season game against OTT (OT loss) and the next game as well.

Hughes shows spectacularly in final handful of games, and again in pre-season on the PP1? Start Edler on PP1 for the regular season.

Hogs in the rookie scoring race, one of few if not the only one showing a pulse not just every single game, but every shift?

Demote him.

Hoglander has been amazing to watch. Even in the games the Canucks played not so great he always seems to be noticeable in a good way. He is exactly the kind of player really skilled players want to play with.

Boeser/Hughes/Pettersson - You really should have promoted Malhotra to HC. I understand of course why it didn't happen. Just my opinion he is going to be one that you truly regret losing. I think it already shows with Pettersson as they seem to have a connection and hasn't looked right this season. Since he has joined Toronto staff, the subtle improvements in the PP and Faceoffs has been noticeable. His knowledge on the Defense end and how to break it down is a game changer. As anyone with eyes can see the Canucks have skilled players and should be a lot better then we have seen.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Juolevi is the spark that ignites the fire

his joyous celebration melts the heart of the young stars who in turn inspire hope in the veterans who in turn demonstrate mentorship to our goaltending who in turn bring about hope to our taxi squad who in turn inspire people to stay home and wash their hands and we all end Covid

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Here's my lineup:

hogs-cap-don'tbeaquitter

huggy-schmidty
oldguy-don'tbeaquitter

steemin'madgoalie
chillgoalie
upload_2021-2-8_11-19-29.png

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Don't really care what they do with the forward lines other than to say - put Hoglander in the top six.

Also, I would give Virtanen and Gaudette actual ice-time and try to build their confidence up. Sure, they might get lit up defensively - but it's not like our prized veterans are doing much better right now.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I wonder if a close game but still a loss or an overtime loss would do anything to quell the growing external anger.

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Hoglander has been amazing to watch. Even in the games the Canucks played not so great he always seems to be noticeable in a good way. He is exactly the kind of player really skilled players want to play with.

Boeser/Hughes/Pettersson - You really should have promoted Malhotra to HC. I understand of course why it didn't happen. Just my opinion he is going to be one that you truly regret losing. I think it already shows with Pettersson as they seem to have a connection and hasn't looked right this season. Since he has joined Toronto staff, the subtle improvements in the PP and Faceoffs has been noticeable. His knowledge on the Defense end and how to break it down is a game changer. As anyone with eyes can see the Canucks have skilled players and should be a lot better then we have seen.

Well, I've posted a couple times previously that I wouldn't want anyone I care about associated with this management/coaching staff right now. Even a good/great coach would be hooped, and Green certainly isn't good or great.

I would like to see Manny cut his teeth longer as an AC, maybe with a third organization as well to really see the biz on that side of things from the inside even more.

And then I would like him take on the HC role in an org that has competent management, a good cap structure, competitive lineup and strong prospect pool. Obviously pie in the sky, but at least I want him going into a good situation so that he can really establish himself as an NHL HC.

Reactions: Varcus

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The first periods seem to take a familiar script for the Canucks...Concede the first goal, then directly after,.. take a penalty ...watch the opposition have the puck on a string...then its 2-0.

Chase the remainder of the game..rinse, repeat.

Reactions: David71 and Vector

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I see that OP does not think that Pettersson fills his role on the first line. Noted.

EP40 play is not the problem. Good players slump and then come out of it. It’s fine. Half those posts go in, we aren’t talking about it. If he skates he’s drawing penalties. The problem with him is his attitude and between the ears. Body language etc. I never thought BB6 would be the mature one on that line lol.

Reactions: LiveeviL

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The first periods seem to take a familiar script for the Canucks...Concede the first goal, then directly after,.. take a penalty ...watch the opposition have the puck on a string...then its 2-0.

Chase the remainder of the game..rinse, repeat.

Man...we can even expand this to the second period where they come out completely flat and let the opposing team double their lead. Somewhere Myers takes a penalty, Edler has to take a penalty to make up for someone else's mistake, Roussel starts to try and agitate. Third period has a bit more of a push but a goal against momentum seals it. Canucks pick up a goal in the final 5 minutes to make the score slightly better.

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
EP40 play is not the problem. Good players slump and then come out of it. It’s fine. Half those posts go in, we aren’t talking about it. If he skates he’s drawing penalties. The problem with him is his attitude and between the ears. Body language etc. I never thought BB6 would be the mature one on that line lol.

Yeah, some poster was super duper hard on Boeser the past couple seasons.

They sure were wrong, weren't they Johnny?

PS ya know I luv yer posts

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Man...we can even expand this to the second period where they come out completely flat and let the opposing team double their lead. Somewhere Myers takes a penalty, Edler has to take a penalty to make up for someone else's mistake, Roussel starts to try and agitate. Third period has the other team takes their foot off the pedal but a goal against momentum seals it. Canucks pick up a goal in the final 5 minutes to make the score slightly better.

FIFY

Reactions: Vector

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
So Holtby is back in between the pipes; and Juolevi draws in for Chatfield. Guaranteed loss night. Can't understand Holtby, unless it's injury related with Demko.

Just took a look at the goalie stats for our team; they are almost identical. I can't understand the Holtby hate here after 8 whole games. I shouldn't be surprised though...

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Man...we can even expand this to the second period where they come out completely flat and let the opposing team double their lead. Somewhere Myers takes a penalty, Edler has to take a penalty to make up for someone else's mistake, Roussel starts to try and agitate. Third period has a bit more of a push but a goal against momentum seals it. Canucks pick up a goal in the final 5 minutes to make the score slightly better.
The whole blue line has been atrocious..On paper, before the season, it looked pretty good..The top 4 looked as good as any other teams in the division...Of course you've got the rookies on one of the 3rd pairing,(Chatfield, Juolevi) but you cant completely blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad