GDT: Game #16 Mon Feb 8th @Leafs 4pm PST/Feb 9th 1am CET/8am HKT/11am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Wayne Simmonds broke his wrists dangling on us last game :facepalm:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I’m now thinking we will win tonight! Maybe something like 4-3?
I started drinking early by adding Baileys to my coffee. Okay, mostly I added coffee to my Baileys. The more Cups of coffee (ha ha) I have, the wider the predicted margin of our victory tonight becomes. It’s up to 4-2 now. :walrus:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Rumors are ownership isn't pulling the trigger on any moves and there are indications that ownership sees this season as a write off anyways.

Just rooting for the young core to score and enjoy hockey at this point. Each loss must be soul crushing at this point considering being 1 win away from the WCF just a few months ago.

I’m not suprised....they blame covid and avoid bringing ina. Gm with a spine or a coach that can coach to get us out of the funk the team is currently in

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I started drinking early by adding Baileys to my coffee. Okay, mostly I added coffee to my Baileys. The more Cups of coffee (ha ha) I have, the wider the predicted margin of our victory tonight becomes. It’s up to 4-2 now. :walrus:
Workll be rough tomorrow Larr

Reactions: Luckylarry

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Holtby is back in between the pipes; and Juolevi draws in for Chatfield. Guaranteed loss night. Can't understand Holtby, unless it's injury related with Demko.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Demko gets the start. Juolevi will draw back in tonight, which means one of Bailey or Eriksson will go back to the taxi squad.

The Canucks definitely need somebody to stand up and show a bit of leadership right now. If that can be Holtby, power to him.

Holtby gonna blast them up with some NWA music

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Demko gets the start. Juolevi will draw back in tonight, which means one of Bailey or Eriksson will go back to the taxi squad.

The Canucks definitely need somebody to stand up and show a bit of leadership right now. If that can be Holtby, power to him.

Is it Holtby or Demko starting?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I’m honestly into the “meh” stage of watching the team now. If they play well and win then that’s cool and I’ll enjoy it but if they lose then it honestly won’t phase me too much, which is really sad to say.

Expecting another blowout. Don’t even care anymore. Another blowout should make Benning’s seat even hotter

Make it so

At the start of the season every loss irritated me, expectations were high from my perspective at least. But now? It feels like the other years where I will still watch, but I don't expect to make the playoffs, so the result doesn't really matter.

I don't want to say I'm *HOPING* for a loss, but, it may actually help us more than a win at some point.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

More coffee!

eb41bad135a5f19f2ec69b1b31249202.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We've reaching a point where losing a game to the Vancouver Canucks--any game--is considered 'an embarrassment'. So teams are motivated not to lose to a team clearly inferior to their own....or in the words of Drew Doughty, "we can't lose to a team like that'.

So Canuck faithful crossing their fingers for a letdown from the Leafs tonight might be in for another rude shock. This is probably the toughest game of all three to get a result.

Reactions: Nucker101

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Leafs had 21 giveaways and the Canucks still only had 1 goal last game. This team is dead inside

Reactions: geebaan

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Why is Hoglander on the third line? That makes no sense to me... Young players you shouldn't demote if they are playing great. It really does send the wrong message to them.

It's the Travis Green way.

Boeser lights it up in pre-season? Sit him for the first regular season game against OTT (SO loss) and the next game as well.

Hughes shows spectacularly in final handful of games, and again in pre-season on the PP? Start Edler on PP1 for the regular season.

Hogs in the rookie scoring race, one of few if not the only one showing a pulse not just every single game, but every shift?

Demote him.

Last edited:

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
We'll lose 6-2, and they'll come out talking about how they need to be better, and Jim Benning will still have his f***ing job until next season and we'll still be in defensive shambles.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
ANNOUNCEMENT

No I’m not talking about what’s been happening behind the scenes to our beloved Team
C61049BD-D95A-48B8-BD17-0ABF9795FA3E.gif

I’ve updated the lineups. I usually reference NHL.com but they’ve been very unreliable this Season. They have Simmonds playing tonight, while also listing his injury as their top headline ffs!

Thank you to @CanadasTeam at HF Leafs for his lineup. It’s looking like they are running with a 7th Defensemen tonight.

I see that OP does not think that Pettersson fills his role on the first line. Noted.
Fixed
1A2A1CDF-6851-4E0F-A65C-8EAC6A7CDE30.jpeg

Thank you for noticing. I used the wrong picture.

1E377B47-492E-4D18-A1F8-9F594E8B3AB3.jpeg

JK, I went Holtby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad