GDT: GAME #16 | LEAFS vs DEVILS | Friday, Nov 9 @ 7PM ET | Scotiabank Arena | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Certainly and we just got awarded with the two guaranteed points tonight mayne!! Loving it big tyme! Invest ! Invest! Invest! Get some back :dollar: :money: :peso:
We are the guaranteed, paid winners tonight.

Reactions: al secord

srnd9399

Apr 10, 2018
NB, Canada
Oh so it's not a slam dunk it'll be Andy. I prefer Andy tomorrow against the better team on the road.
Perhaps Babs thinking is that having Sparks play on the road where the team seems to perform best will take some pressure off. Playing the Bruins on a back to back will be tough regardless of who's in net.......but yeah I'd feel better with Freddy in net Saturday.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Way rather Sparks tonight, Boston will be grumpy tomorrow after that ass kicking from Vancouver.
I agree.

I've always wondered, wouldn't you typically want your starter on the tail end of a back to back anyway? Maybe have him steal one when your team might not be as fresh? Just a thought

Reactions: NiftyMits

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Wow Rask out for personal reasons. Besides the whoa factor, starting Sparks tomorrow looks slightly better.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
haven't seen the Devils play this year, is Schneider still terrible?
Not sure what happened to them. They were red hot to start and have gone ice cold. A Leafs home game is just what the doctor ordered to cure a slump

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
True but let's be honest, even without Matthews this is a game we should win.

Tomorrow VS Boston has me nervous especially with Sparks in net.

I guess you could say that we should win and that tomorrow Boston should win. That's a lot different from someone saying a win is guaranteed, in fact I'd say it's more likely than not that at least one of these games doesn't go the way is "should".

I'm still not happy we lost to Ottawa and I refuse to get cocky about any game, much less guarantee anything.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
OMG why wouldn't you start Sparks tonight. Nevermind I take it back smart move coach! Bruins tomorrow.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I guess you could say that we should win and that tomorrow Boston should win. That's a lot different from someone saying a win is guaranteed, in fact I'd say it's more likely than not that at least one of these games doesn't go the way is "should".

I'm still not happy we lost to Ottawa and I refuse to get cocky about any game, much less guarantee anything.

I think you misunderstood I'm saying tonight we should win and that Boston could be rough, I don't trust Sparks, I think we need to score at least 4 tomorrow

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I agree.

I've always wondered, wouldn't you typically want your starter on the tail end of a back to back anyway? Maybe have him steal one when your team might not be as fresh? Just a thought

The logic is that in the current NHL with parity as it is any team can beat any team any night. Would rather go all in on the first game when you are more likely to win to get at least 2/4 points. Even with your starter the 2nd game the players will be more tired and such. Maybe they win but maybe they lose.

Might as well get the points right in front of you than try and play 6D chess and come out with 0 of 4

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think you misunderstood I'm saying tonight we should win and that Boston could be rough, I don't trust Sparks, I think we need to score at least 4 tomorrow

No I think I understood. Saying should win is fine, I just hate it when people start guaranteeing wins, that's basically it.

Reactions: stickty111

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
The logic is that in the current NHL with parity as it is any team can beat any team any night. Would rather go all in on the first game when you are more likely to win to get at least 2/4 points. Even with your starter the 2nd game the players will be more tired and such. Maybe they win but maybe they lose.

Might as well get the points right in front of you than try and play 6D chess and come out with 0 of 4
Ya I can definitely understand not wanting to look past the game right in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad