GDT: Game 16 | Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators| 8:00 PM EST | FS-D

HTT3*

So Cleary was the whole reason the Datsyuk scored on an amazing individual effort, and Tootoo finally caught a break and put one in the net? Daniel "By God" Cleary didn't get the Wings the loser point tonight, no matter how hard you want to make it so.

:shakehead

Lets me check the math... 1+1 goal = 2. Preds score 3 in regulation.... hmmm, it appears Cleary's goal did help get that 1 point for going to OT.

Math. Try it :laugh:

RedWingsNow*

Tonight he didn't really play much so that probably helped.

Kindl was +2 with an assist and 3 minors in less that 12 minutes of ice-time.

Tootoo's goal was a fluke. But Kindl made a really nice pass in tight quarters to get the puck from the boards to Zetterberg at mid ice.

Where Kindl looks bad is carrying the puck up past his own blueline... you can see he's second guessing himself.
Dude needs to just trust himself. Can't worry about what moron coach thinks.

RedWingsNow*

Lets me check the math... 1+1 goal = 2. Preds score 3 in regulation.... hmmm, it appears Cleary's goal did help get that 1 point for going to OT.

Math. Try it :laugh:

Cleary sucked tonight.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Nobody else wanted to score, so Cleary and Datsyuk decided they would. Tatar was invisible. Kronwall is why this team is doing so badly, Quicey is a +8 (I think?) and has been the best defenseman on the team.

Nice to see the forum is still consumed with blind hate towards players that were a big part of this team getting atleast a point.

If only Cleary would have decided to score more than twice this season, despite all of the prime mins he gets at ES on the top line and on the 1st PP unit- we'd probably have a few more W's. Good to know it's a switch that he can flip on, though. ;)

Tatar was invisible b/c they generally don't show the bench very much during game action, and Babs inexplicably nailed him there despite his good play the last few games.

Speaking of blind hate- props to you for making through an entire post without an unwarranted shot at Smith. Glad to see you're making progress!! :thumbu:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You guys are all crazy, you know that right? You all have your pet causes to rail against and your hated player to scream about.

It's a ****ing minor league hockey team we have and we got a point against a very very good team. I'm sure that's because Cleary sucks and Babcock can't coach and Tatar isn't playing 20 minutes.

You guys need to take a break.

Aug 6, 2012
This game (Babcock's lineup) officially pushed me over the edge. I don't even care if they win, I'm just gonna watch Datsyuk. I gotta stop taking this stuff so seriously, its pointless haha

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So Cleary is now 1 goal away from tying Valtteri Filppula :laugh:

And I am pretty unhappy with how Filppula is playing on one and a half legs. At least he still can make passes from time to time and not just always give the puck up in the corner. But Filppula deserves some blame and is getting some, his icetime was less than Cleary tonight, who deserves more blame in my opinion. There is plenty of it to go around these days.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
So Cleary is now 1 goal away from tying Valtteri Filppula :laugh:

Given how bad Cleary has been this year, the fact that he's only 1 goal behind Flip should be all the motivation Flip needs to start playing. He's had 1 good game this season and been pretty much invisible for the others.

The Wings definitely need a lot more from Filppula if they want to make anything out of this season.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
is it possible that these linemates created room for Dats tonight?? (mostly abdelkader)?

I am just trying to think outside the box to get in babs mind... I can't seem to do it.

Actually that crept into my mind a couple of times throughout the game.

Maybe it was indeed a genius move by Babs. Without another puck carrier on his line, it basically forced Datsyuk to play aggressively and take it upon himself.

I doubt it, but this was easily the most aggressive Datsyuk played this season. He attacked all game long and wasn't looking to pass as much as normal.

I still would have liked to see Tatar get a shot with him.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
You guys are all crazy, you know that right? You all have your pet causes to rail against and your hated player to scream about.

It's a ****ing minor league hockey team we have and we got a point against a very very good team. I'm sure that's because Cleary sucks and Babcock can't coach and Tatar isn't playing 20 minutes.

We got a point in a game we should have won.

RedWingsNow*

Nashville's a "very good team?"

News to me.

RedWingsNow*

And I am pretty unhappy with how Filppula is playing on one and a half legs. At least he still can make passes from time to time and not just always give the puck up in the corner. But Filppula deserves some blame and is getting some, his icetime was less than Cleary tonight, who deserves more blame in my opinion. There is plenty of it to go around these days.

Cleary, IMO, is playing for his NHL llife.

If he finishes the season with 5 goals and 8 assists, he's going to end up signing a $800,000 contract.

Filppula is pissing away a chance at a get-rich contract.

Howard, by the way, is doing the same.

Aug 6, 2012
Actually that crept into my mind a couple of times throughout the game.

Maybe it was indeed a genius move by Babs. Without another puck carrier on his line, it basically forced Datsyuk to play aggressively and take it upon himself.

I doubt it, but this was easily the most aggressive Datsyuk played this season. He attacked all game long and wasn't looking to pass as much as normal.

I still would have liked to see Tatar get a shot with him.

You can't expect Datsyuk to go god-mode every night. Babcock could've put anyone out their with Datsyuk amd you could argue their giving him space.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Datsyuk is always good, but he was unbelievable this game. His goal was effectively 1v4; I honestly wasn't even mad when the equalizer went it, just unreal talent. His behind the back pass to himself earlier would probably be top 20 plays of the year if he had scored.

Wings suck, booo, etc. but was a really great game.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Cleary, IMO, is playing for his NHL llife.

If he finishes the season with 5 goals and 8 assists, he's going to end up signing a $800,000 contract.

Filppula is pissing away a chance at a get-rich contract.

Howard, by the way, is doing the same.

Agreed.

I wish we had to "complain" about being forced to pay Flip and Howard so much money (because that would mean they are playing great)

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Datsyuk is always good, but he was unbelievable this game. His goal was effectively 1v4; I honestly wasn't even mad when the equalizer went it, just unreal talent.

Saddled with his usual linemates and our D, his SEASON has effectively been 1v4 if he's lucky, but usually 1v5.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Datsyuk is always good, but he was unbelievable this game. His goal was effectively 1v4; I honestly wasn't even mad when the equalizer went it, just unreal talent. His behind the back pass to himself earlier would probably be top 20 plays of the year if he had scored.

Wings suck, booo, etc. but was a really great game.

Even as a Preds fan, you must admit, watching Datsyuk is a real treat.

He had a better than normal "magical" game tonight.

I am sad i only saw the 3rd period.

I hear alot of people around here suggesting he is headed to Russia, but I have found no "official sources" suggesting the same. Am I the only one that thinks he will re-sign in Detroit for 4-5 more years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad