GDT: Game 16 | Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators| 8:00 PM EST | FS-D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Are you kidding, Andersson had a nice tip in goal. He should be playing the net front role on the PP next game.

I will say it again, but Andersson isn't better at that role than Sheahan is down in Grand Rapids and he doesn't bring everything else Riley does to the table everywhere else.

I think they should send down Andersson and bring up Riley for a look.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Top 4 ice time for forwards for tonight:

Datsyuk- 21:03
Cleary- 20:57
Zetterberg- 20:06
Filppula- 17:59

:laugh::help::shakehead

Do you think Babcock's wife knows about him and Cleary yet???

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I will say it again, but Andersson isn't better at that role than Sheahan is down in Grand Rapids and he doesn't bring everything else Riley does to the table everywhere else.

As long as Sheahan will tip them into our opponents net then he's a big step up in my mind.

I probably should have put a :sarcasm: on that first post.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Fine with me. I'd rather they just leave Danny and Kronwall in Nashville. They can hitchhike back.

Hell, put some players on waivers. Bring up Landon, Gustavo and Riley.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I'm not gonna defend any coaching decisions, but I gotta ask those of you who think it's the end of the world: Did you catch the injury stat they brought up? DRWs lost something like 107 man games this year to injury, while the #2 team was at something like 69.

That's some scary bad mojo.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Isn't Sheahan only 21? Pretty sure there is a clause in every Red Wings standard player contract that bars any skater from playing in the NHL before the age of 22. :sarcasm:

HTT3*

I don't even know where to begin.

Tatar and Brunner both played. Perhaps you should have listened closer because their names were mentioned plenty.

Wishing for an injury is pathetic.

Just because Quincey is invisible doesn't make him our best.

And Cleary got lucky, but looked bad.

Nobody else wanted to score, so Cleary and Datsyuk decided they would. Tatar was invisible. Kronwall is why this team is doing so badly, Quicey is a +8 (I think?) and has been the best defenseman on the team.

Nice to see the forum is still consumed with blind hate towards players that were a big part of this team getting atleast a point.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm not gonna defend any coaching decisions, but I gotta ask those of you who think it's the end of the world: Did you catch the injury stat they brought up? DRWs lost something like 107 man games this year to injury, while the #2 team was at something like 69.

We have typically been very fortunate in terms of serious injuries or lots of smallish ones building around the same time. I will take the shortened season over a long, drawn out 82 game one, please :D.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Too much to sift through after that... "performance"... but come on, those penalties against Kindl were ****ing terrible calls. It's like Babcock went up to the refs before the game and said, "Look guys, I'll give you both (insert something here -- which is, incidentally, exactly what happened) if you call the first couple of penalties on number 4. No, I don't care what they are or how ****** the calls seem, just do it. Hard work, warrior, put the puck in the net, *mumble mumble*"

Absolutely brutal.

And how in the blind mother of **** does Quincey keep getting pluses? HE DOESN'T DO A GODDAMNED THING TO DESERVE THEM!!!!

Nobody else wanted to score, so Cleary1 and Datsyuk decided they would. Tatar was invisible. Kronwall is why this team is doing so badly, Quicey is a +8 (I think?) and has been the best defenseman on the team.2
Nice to see the forum is still consumed with blind hate towards players that were a big part of this team getting atleast a point.3

1. No, Datsyuk decided that Cleary would score.
2. You have GOT to be kidding me, Gramps.
3. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, okay man.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Nobody else wanted to score, so Cleary and Datsyuk decided they would. Tatar was invisible. Kronwall is why this team is doing so badly, Quicey is a +8 (I think?) and has been the best defenseman on the team.

Nice to see the forum is still consumed with blind hate towards players that were a big part of this team getting atleast a point.

How do we know Tatar doesn't score 4 goals if he gets as much ice time as Cleary did? (and the chance to play with Datsyuk)

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Again, what game are you watching? Cleary scored because the Preds D appeared to get in Renne's way or screen him a bit. Cleary had some nice plays on the PK. That was it.

Renne still managed to steal another game while the Wings gave it away.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Yeah and that is a big problem. Outside of Ottawa because of who they lost, I don't think anyone can have as big of a complaint as us. Then again what are we doing wrong in that department, it isn't all just bad luck. We don't do a lot of the preventative things I have heard about other organizations investing in.

Aug 6, 2012
Top 4 ice time for forwards for tonight:

Datsyuk- 21:03
Cleary- 20:57
Zetterberg- 20:06
Filppula- 17:59

:laugh::help::shakehead

Do you think Babcock's wife knows about him and Cleary yet???

Babcock is living off his credentials at the moment. One of the worst coaches in the NHL this year. Yes, I mean that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

I agree with you on the first part. But let's not get carried away now.:laugh:

HTT3*

Again, what game are you watching? Cleary scored because the Preds D appeared to get in Renne's way or screen him a bit. Cleary had some nice plays on the PK. That was it.

Renne still managed to steal another game while the Wings gave it away.

I watched the game where Cleary scored a nice goal because he read the play. Not for Cleary's goal, Wings go home pointless. What game did you watch? Nevermind, you will make up why that goal isn't fair and shouldn't count.. and stomp your foot and walk away mad.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Yeah and that is a big problem. Outside of Ottawa because of who they lost, I don't think anyone can have as big of a complaint as us. Then again what are we doing wrong in that department, it isn't all just bad luck. We don't do a lot of the preventative things I have heard about other organizations investing in.

I totally agree with this. We are seeing way too many "bad backs" and groin pulls. Definitely much more than almost every other team in the league and you cannot just pin it all on bad luck.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
What watched the game where Cleary scored a nice goal because he read the play. Not for that goal, Wings go home pointless. What game did you watch?

So Cleary was the whole reason the Datsyuk scored on an amazing individual effort, and Tootoo finally caught a break and put one in the net? Daniel "By God" Cleary didn't get the Wings the loser point tonight, no matter how hard you want to make it so.

:shakehead

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
And how in the blind mother of **** does Quincey keep getting pluses? HE DOESN'T DO A GODDAMNED THING TO DESERVE THEM!!!!

Tonight he didn't really play much so that probably helped.

Kindl was +2 with an assist and 3 minors in less that 12 minutes of ice-time.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
I watched the game where Cleary scored a nice goal because he read the play. Not for Cleary's goal, Wings go home pointless. What game did you watch? Nevermind, you will make up why that goal isn't fair and shouldn't count.. and stomp your foot and walk away mad.

One good play doesn't make up for 1000 awful ones

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Those "preventative things" being not signing injury prone dinosaurs.

The "investing" being in youth.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
That is just inexcusable. There is absolutely ZERO reason to not be playing Tatar 15 minutes a night with the lineup we currently have.

We've lost our last two games by one goal and the coach is playing grinders over offensive talents.

There's no way around it - that's simply poor bench management.

I would absolutely love a member of the local or national media to challenge Babs on the lineup and IT decisions, ask him why Tatar played so few mins after playing so well lately, and why instead he's rolling with 2 guys with minimal offensive talent to play with Datsyuk.

Trevor Thompson had a chance when he started a question about Datsyuk by saying that Datsyuk looked like he was about to take it upon himself to carry the Wings to victory... wished he kept going and said "well, he really was doing it by himself in looking at the wingers you gave him tonight."

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Not having Helm is killing the team. Don't have a replacement for him. Tatar and Nyquist could be helping fill the void left with injuries to players like Bert and Sammy given the chance.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Sucks that Danny Cleary is going to get off the hook because of his "two points"
He was awful.

Cleary-Datsyuk-Abdelakder might be the worst line Babcock could come up with. I mean, I don't think you could come up with a worse line if you tried

is it possible that these linemates created room for Dats tonight?? (mostly abdelkader)?

I am just trying to think outside the box to get in babs mind... I can't seem to do it.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
is it possible that these linemates created room for Dats tonight?? (mostly abdelkader)?

I am just trying to think outside the box to get in babs mind... I can't seem to do it.

If there is one guy that doesn't need anyone to clear room for him, its Datsyuk.

If thats the rationale, then stick those guys with Filppula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad