GDT: Game 16 | Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators| 8:00 PM EST | FS-D

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
That would be kind of the same than putting Nicklas Lidström's brains in Kronwall's head.

Looking at Kronwall's play this season, I'm pretty sure the "Vacancy" sign is on in his melon, so I don't think we'd be running the risk of over-crowding in there.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Tatars play is really tying the teams hands. Hes playing with Datsyuk now and has looked awesome. Theres no way he can be sent down.

I think we see Tootoo and his replacement Clune go at it pretty early to set the tone and give the team energy

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Thanks for the early (and awesome) GDT Flashy!

They usually bring their A game against the tougher competition and with Nashville on the tail end of a back to back I expect an impressive showing and more importantly 2 points.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
:laugh: He's also playing on Z's line, while Tatar is practicing with Abby and Andersson.

Gotta give Babs credit for trying to throw a curveball to the Preds by making it seem as thought Tatar would get top 6 and 1st PP mins... too bad Trotz and the majority of Wings fans knew that the mysterious pull of Cleary would be too great for Babcock to resist. :rant:

It's looking more and more like it's going to take a Sammy special from the point to get Cleary out of the lineup.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
The good news about cleary in front of the net on the pop is he won't be handling the puck. The silver lining.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The good news about cleary in front of the net on the pop is he won't be handling the puck. The silver lining.

He'll be able to fall on his ass just like Homer. Sadly, he'll hardly track down any pucks.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Too bad that hasn't been the case. Somehow he tries to be the next bobbyorr there all the time. He should just really concentrate for those screens and forget everything else.

Can't believing this is true. We are using our two worst players (Cleary and Kronwall) at this season in 1st PP + out of the game shape Samuelsson with our two superstars.

I'm starting to think we are really trying to tank, and our coaching staff is 100% involved in the plan. These fixings aren't based anything else but intentional losing. Just too many no-brainer things in this team are put wrong on the ice.

Last edited:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

Not that I want anything serious to happen but the risk of an injury goes up when he's in front of the net. I'm convinced it's the only way we get him out of lineup

Tonic

Jan 25, 2013
I guess now is as good as ever to start posting. Hopefully we can get back on track tonight. My biggest problem with the lineup is the lack of talent on the back end. We really need a top-pairing defensive guy. I'd be willing to sacrifice a depth winger (Eaves/Miller/Abby) and either Oulette or Sproul and a draft pick for somebody decently young who is already proven to be a top pairing guy.

Holland really needs to start playing our youth. Tatar has earned more time for sure, and I think Andersson deserves to stay as well. Lashoff needs to go as Huskins definitely makes fewer mistakes. And I don't need to say anything about Cleary.

Here's to hoping Holland makes some moves :)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
wish I could take Cleary's heart give it to franzen. Can you imagine that.

Well said. Cleary is just too beat up. I can't ever bash the guy. He gave everything he had, and you get to a day where everything isn't enough to overcome the damage.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I guess now is as good as ever to start posting. Hopefully we can get back on track tonight. My biggest problem with the lineup is the lack of talent on the back end. We really need a top-pairing defensive guy. I'd be willing to sacrifice a depth winger (Eaves/Miller/Abby) and either Oulette or Sproul and a draft pick for somebody decently young who is already proven to be a top pairing guy.

Holland really needs to start playing our youth. Tatar has earned more time for sure, and I think Andersson deserves to stay as well. Lashoff needs to go as Huskins definitely makes fewer mistakes. And I don't need to say anything about Cleary.

Here's to hoping Holland makes some moves :)

Welcome. If you're new, hope you love it. If we've met before, hope you behave this time. :laugh:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Just because I love posting his ridiculous stat line:

The Amazing Daniel Cleary
15GP...1G...0A...1Pts...-5...22PIM...0 PPP...0 SHP....0 GWG...28 SH...3.6 SH%...
16:42TOI/g
3:07 PPTOI/g

On pace for 3-4 points.

:laugh:

Last edited:

Tonic

Jan 25, 2013
Welcome. If you're new, hope you love it. If we've met before, hope you behave this time. :laugh:

Haha thanks man. I'm new. Been lurking for a couple of months now. Been a HUGE fan since my girlfriend "introduced" me to hockey in 2009. Been to about 10 games since then, including game 3 of the playoffs last year. Hockey is now my favorite sport and I just love it! I really hate Shea Weber. I hope Tootoo beats the **** out of him! :yo:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Just because I love posting his ridiculous stat line:

The Amazing Daniel Cleary
15GP...1G...0A...1Pts...-5...22PIM...0 PPP...0 SHP....0 GWG...28 SH...3.6 SH%...
16:42TOI/g
3:07 PPTOI/g

I just looked at the TOI/G compared to some other players.

Danny plays more than Bobby Ryan and Wayne Simmonds.

The only player that has as bad stats than Danny in the 16:23-16:53 min range is Derek Dorsett. But DD has 4 assists to go along with his 1 goal.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Tatars play is really tying the teams hands. Hes playing with Datsyuk now and has looked awesome. Theres no way he can be sent down.

I think we see Tootoo and his replacement Clune go at it pretty early to set the tone and give the team energy

I doubt it. Clune is wearing a half cage due to a jaw injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad