GDT: Game 16: Coyotes @ Canucks - 8PM - FSAZ

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So today was better than yesterday.

A few thoughts:
Strome was not bad. Created a few scoring chances. Not fast or quick enough (yet) to be a top 6 forward. Still hopeful. Still would have taken Hanifin.

Domi needs to shoot

Chychrun and DeAngelo are for real.

Doan is awful. It is sad to watch. I have no idea why Whyte is on the team. Martinook is a much better wing than centre.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Appreciate the sarcasm, but in all seriousness, his D is much improved.

His D is better, but still think he has some positioning issues. Gets a little overaggressive to help.

Also, does anyone else seem to notice how Goligoski had this trend of poking the puck away from our help coming on defense? At least three times tonight, I noticed him being tied up, but with Gogo's position basically sealing the Canuck player off. He then makes this little extra play to poke the puck away, not realizing that a Coyote is on his way to possess the puck. And it is usually in an opposite direction of the line to the puck that the help was taking. At least one was a giveaway, and another simply kept the puck hemmed in our zone a little longer. Communication, boys.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Richardson looked like a snapped leg :/ usually with ligament injuries they are at least able to get off the ice, and usually arent as immediately painful. he looked like he was in shock.... plus the stretcher and the way they were stabilizing it... i hate to say it but might have been a bad leg break

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
So today was better than yesterday.

A few thoughts:
Strome was not bad. Created a few scoring chances. Not fast or quick enough (yet) to be a top 6 forward. Still hopeful. Still would have taken Hanifin.

Domi needs to shoot

Chychrun and DeAngelo are for real.

Doan is awful. It is sad to watch. I have no idea why Whyte is on the team. Martinook is a much better wing than centre.

Even if he's skating doesn't greatly improve I think Strome can be a 1C if he gets stronger. He's like Thornton but doesn't have the strength or experience.

And I completely agree with the rest. Domi needs to realize that he's the #1 forward on the team and play with confidence.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
i hate to say it but might have been a bad leg break

If he's out for a long time, I hope they go out and find a Center that can win faceoffs, since most of ours cannot.
Hanzal/Dvorak/??/Strome (Strome on the 4th isn't too bad of an idea while he works on his speed Dauphin - Strome - White would allow him to be the speedster on the line)​
Martinook may end up going back to Center if we don't make a move; I hope they keep Dauphin on the wing

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Hey.

Just wanted to say I hope Richardson's okay. The feed here had no angle that showed what happened. It was so weird; looked a bit like Richardson tried to duck underneath Tryamkin's check and his leg just buckled on him. Had me worried that it was his spine or neck when they brought out the stretcher, at least it wasn't that.

Get well soon, Ritchie.

And awaiting with bated breath the next battle of the resistible force versus the movable object. Peace out.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I think Martinook is going to be C until Richardson is back, which could be for the rest of the season.

That's my guess as well, but I can always hope that they make some sort of move. Other hoped for moves:
  • Doan retires
  • Dvorak returns to the team for the rest of the season
  • Strome returns to Juniors (which may happen after his gaff last night), even though he won't be challenged much and looked okay last night (at least he can work on his speed and probably not be out on the ice for many 3-on-3s)
  • Connauton is waived
  • Stone is traded
  • Z returns to the Coyotes (as a veteran presence #7 D)
  • Dauphin is sent down (but wait and see if he does better at wing for a bit)
  • Hanzal is moved for some much needed offensive-oriented player
  • Acquire 2 new Cs (so Martinook can remain on the wing)
  • Trade Rieder for a decent faceoff Center (or better two-way forward)
  • Acquire a #1 RHD
I know this number of moves would never happen; still, at this point, it's not like this much change would destroy the team's on-ice progress. Of course, we would most likely have to part with some picks and prospects in a addition to players

Domi - NEW - Vrbata
McGinn - Dvorak - Duclair
Martinook - NEW - NEW
Crouse - NEW - White

OEL - NEW
Goligoski - Murphy
Chychrun - DeAngelo
Z

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
richardson looked like a snapped leg :/ usually with ligament injuries they are at least able to get off the ice, and usually arent as immediately painful. He looked like he was in shock.... Plus the stretcher and the way they were stabilizing it... I hate to say it but might have been a bad leg break

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That's a long-term recovery. At least 3 months.

As for the game, I thought that was Strome's best showing. GoGo looked good. DeAngelo is great. Dauphin's best game.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That's a long-term recovery. At least 3 months.

4 - 6 is what I have seen mentioned... :(

As for the game, I thought that was Strome's best showing. GoGo looked good. DeAngelo is great. Dauphin's best game.

Dauphin was amazing on the wing. DeAngelo has some skills, for sure. Goligoski... well, I guess that looking OK is his new "good." Still really underwhelmed by him this year.

Strome... he had some good moments but he lost the game for us thanks to his lead feet and an extremely poor decision that led to the penalty shot. Starting to wonder if Erie might not be the best place for him at this point.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Best showing and still not good enough. He needs to play a little more, but man I see a fine line between him learning / improving and being severely set back.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Bad to hear for Richardson, but maybe better then a knee or hip as we originally feared. Players usually have a full recovery from his type of injury.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Dauphin should really stay on the wing. Move Crouse up a line.

Of course our center depth is absolutely shot right now so I'd imagine Dauphin plays 4C.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Regardless, if Domi, Duclair, Doan and Hanzal don't start scoring, Moe, Larry and Curly could center the lines with the same results.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
By the way, in the last 10 minutes of the third period the Coyotes had possession of the puck in the Canucks HALF of the ice for 48 seconds.

I've seen this so many times that I'm numb to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad