GDT: Game 16: Colorado Avalanche (8-5-0) @ Seattle Kraken (5-7-3) - 7:00 p.m. PT

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Did that puck just roll on top of the net post?

Last year's chemistry is nowhere in evidence. To make matters worse, if someone is beginning to think long term, some guy on the radio the other day said the best players in this year's draft probably wouldn't have gone higher than seventh or eighth last year.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
That reversed call on the short handed goal was pure crap!

We are always in the wrong end of replay results it seems.

Not good enough to beat a pretty good team and the NFL level of officiating as well.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
What do you guys think of Hakstol? I know he did a lot with a little last year, but are people souring on him? He was hated in Philly, so just curious if people think he's learned from his mistakes or not

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I guess we're a really nice team helping others in need of a win.

The Avs came in with a losing streak and got a nice win against us.
That Wennberg goal being disallowed was a turning point but overall it's just not enough right now.

It seems like my prediction from the Oilers post is pretty spot on.
This "playoff bubble team" doesn't have enough clicking and will finish in the 70 - 80 point range drafting anywhere between 10 - 15.

I am afraid this season will be a long one

Yeah, it's just not enough right now.

Though,I wouldn't expect anything major from Francis(trade wise or direction wise) given that the owners certainly won't be in for "retooling" with all the money they've paid and the first round of season ticket renewals next offseason.

What do you guys think of Hakstol? I know he did a lot with a little last year, but are people souring on him? He was hated in Philly, so just curious if people think he's learned from his mistakes or not

Hakstol's doing the same thing he did in his first two seasons.
In the first it didn't work at all, in the second nearly everything worked and right now we're a bit in between.

You can certainly question some of his decisions but he also doesn't have a team of high calibre guys that are all underperforming.
He also just got a contract extension and unless we go on a huge losing streak I doubt Francis will do anything here.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Minor league coach that can get below average talent to play hard and battle, but is the kind of coach that loses the room after a few seasons and then has nothing to fall back on to keep a team competitive.

He plays favorites and has "His" guys that he plays over better options, regardless of how poorly they are playing, and seems to be quite below average at teaching the young guys and developing them properly.

I don't think he was too bad of a choice for an expansion team that was short on high-end talent, but was definitely extended too soon.

Was that "Too honest"? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad