GDT: Game 16: Calgary Flames @ Phoenix Coyotes | 2-18-13 | 7PM

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Awesome game. Very happy for the win and I was just as happy it was an above capacity sell out. I noticed from the crowd shots that a lot of the fans didn't have jerseys or Coyotes gear, most likely first timers. A 0-4 game has a nice way of creating new fans especially when it is their first game.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Alright I will say it...big Franchise win. Big crow, big win, not against a typical draw...I did not think a late start would work since these games are typically early starts but glad it did. I think the Suns thunder has been stolen; what we all thought would bring up the attendance. From some of the posts it seems like Jobbing was caught off gaurd though.

Really want to see the TV numbers.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
I just don't get Mike Smith this season: one game a shut-out & the next game he is back to awful rebound control and no confidence in his game. Something just isn't right with him this season.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Great game, hands down. Team played very well, and Smith was a wall. We dominated the game though. I love seeing Torres with a goal.

But what I wanted to comment on earlier, I was in my car earlier, and I was watching people fill up the adjacent lot that was normally not used, except for the night of the soccer game same time as the hockey game.

It's so obvious to see the people that don't go to the games compared to those that do. So many cars that tried to park somewhere, even though the attendants were trying to show them "park here!".

Glad to see a full arena, and glad to see a Coyotes victory. Big win.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Today was Also a holiday in some Canadian Provinces including Alberta. It really showed in the crowd. There were lots of Flames fans in the crowd which always makes the Coyotes and their fans turn it up a notch. Well done tonight by the desert dogs and followers.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Today was Also a holiday in some Canadian Provinces including Alberta. It really showed in the crowd. There were lots of Flames fans in the crowd which always makes the Coyotes and their fans turn it up a notch. Well done tonight by the desert dogs and followers.

From my vantage point in 217 and reading license plates on the inbound Papago Fwy on the way home, I can verify there were many, many Canadians in attendance this evening. I would like to thank all of them for taking up our excess ticket inventory, then sitting on their hands for 2 1/2 hours. :nod:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I am pleasantly content with the outcome of tonights game.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL and Yandle are both on 50 point paces. Those are Weber/Suter type numbers. Boedker is on a similar pace, which would be good enough to double his total last year. Sadly, we can't afford all 3.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
There was a huge hockey tournament this weekend. Lots of Canadians came down and got tickets. That's why Saturday had a nice crowd too.

always love the idiots who tell us we need to move, yet give us money.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
There was a huge hockey tournament this weekend. Lots of Canadians came down and got tickets. That's why Saturday had a nice crowd too.

always love the idiots who tell us we need to move, yet give us money.

Damn this just crushed my dream that the Coyotes were gaining fans.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
803965_10151347748498402_249975453_n.jpg

LOL, this anyone from here? Saw this on another site.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
As am I. We outplayed the Flames in pretty much every area for almost the entire game. They caught a bit of momentum in the 2nd and had a power play but Smith was there to shut them down.

Someone needs to change their avatar :shakehead

:sarcasm:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Well, they did play a really poor game honestly. After the first period, things got really bad. No jump to their game, too many passengers.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Flames fans are bashing the players, management, goaltending, everything on TSN website.
Trade Iginla, fire coach, manager, etc.

Losing to us was the breaking point. We aren't supposed to win ever.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I loved everything about that game; the best part of it is that we can surf this for a few days as next game is on Saturday. Yes!

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Hm, you're likely right, seems more in the midst of play which is why it puzzled me. Thank you.

I sit in Sec 208, we start howling when or fans start their chants, worked great last night to drown out the.go flames go chant.
Zybnek and Boyd were awesum last night again (give those boys a new contract and some cash)
Go Coyotes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad