GDT: Game 16: Calgary Flames @ Phoenix Coyotes | 2-18-13 | 7PM

az archer

Feb 11, 2013
Florence
That one was ugly. Almost feel bad for the kid in net.

Question: what's that weird sound I've been hearing over the game? Is it howling?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Beautiful job by Boedker to clear the space. Awesome.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Filthy pass by Boedker right through the legs. Ballsy too. He is feeling it.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
That one was ugly. Almost feel bad for the kid in net.

Question: what's that weird sound I've been hearing over the game? Is it howling?

They have a howl after goals and occasionally the crowd does it too.

I think they'll take that A from Boedker. Doan got a stick on that, so it'll be OEL, Doan.

az archer

Feb 11, 2013
Florence
It's after the goal announcements which come a bit later.

I know of this one :) what I'm hearing sounds more like it's from the crowd in the middle of the play. Might just be them being loud and my TV having cruddy sound.

Would be neat to have a howl "chant" not just going along with the goals.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Inre: the howling--I noticed it at a game I attended a few weeks ago. It seemed to be coming from a particular section (bench-side, near the corner, in the 2x attack zone), though I couldn't tell if it was an organized group doing it, or if it was more of a spur-of-the-moment thing. I'll give them this--they sounded more like actual coyotes than the arena sound effect. It was actually a pretty cool thing, now that I think of it.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I know of this one :) what I'm hearing sounds more like it's from the crowd in the middle of the play. Might just be them being loud and my TV having cruddy sound.

Would be neat to have a howl "chant" not just going along with the goals.

Oh yeah, that - it's a lot louder in the arena. It'll sometimes come in a dead time as a sort of rallying cry type thing. Examples being the team gathering up for a zone entry or during a good kill when the puck is cleared.

az archer

Feb 11, 2013
Florence
Inre: the howling--I noticed it at a game I attended a few weeks ago. It seemed to be coming from a particular section (bench-side, near the corner, in the 2x attack zone), though I couldn't tell if it was an organized group doing it, or if it was more of a spur-of-the-moment thing. I'll give them this--they sounded more like actual coyotes than the arena sound effect. It was actually a pretty cool thing, now that I think of it.

Totally awesome. Didn't hear it at either of the games I've been to this year, but will definitely try to get it going next time. Would sound great to get the whole arena into it.

Thanks, and Pacer too.

AND A GOAL!

MP

Feb 8, 2008
"@Gambo620: Two guys in upper deck at Coyotes game just failed miserably trying to get the wave going, Thankfully! Had about 15 attempts."
Favorite wave memory: A group of college-age kids a few rows down from me were throwing back cans of PBR for most of the first period, in addition to the beers they bought at the arena. The guys were wasted by the middle of the second. One of them stands up, turns around to face the rest of the section, and yells, "We're doin' the ****in' wave!" Like it was the greatest idea he'd ever had. Nobody wanted to do it at first, but this guy was just so pumped about it that eventually people humored him.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Wow, didnt expect that big of a win tonight :)

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Great wing tonight gents. Let's string some together, here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00