GDT: Game 16: "Bleed Blue" San Jose Sharks @ St. Louis Blues 2/19/13 7 pm CST NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiems35*

And also let in a softie that cost us the game. I don't see how anyone can completely excuse him. He made some good saves, but if Elliott would have done the same thing, everyone would be demanding that he be traded.

1 goal isn't going to win you many games. Especially, the way we play defense in our own zone lately.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
And also let in a softie that cost us the game. I don't see how anyone can completely excuse him. He made some good saves, but if Elliott would have done the same thing, everyone would be demanding that he be traded.

No he didn't cost us the game. Was it a weak goal? Sure. But without him playing the way he did, there's no way this game is even close. And had Elliott played the exact same game, I would still have said the same thing.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
No he didn't cost us the game. Was it a weak goal? Sure. But without him playing the way he did, there's no way this game is even close. And had Elliott played the exact same game, I would still have said the same thing.

Very doubtful.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Didn't expect much different tonight. This team needs another center so Steen and Sobotka go where they fit best.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

If Elliott only let in 2 we would be throwing a party

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
traveling for 8 hrs and arriving at 6 am vs a team who has been resting for 3 days?

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
You can keep building up garbage excuses all you want, plain and simple, the Blues were awful. It wasn't because they were tired, they just didn't play well.

And why was that? Because they were slower than they need to be. Because they were tired. Take a deep breath, and calm down. The Blues weren't great tonight, but it's about as understandable as it gets. It's not like we reverted back to the team that played on that homestand, we just didn't have the legs to carry us through 3 periods.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Very doubtful.

Except I would. If your goalie keeps you in a game and gives you the chance to win the game he's done his job. I'm not an Elliott hater. I'm one the guys that says he need to play. But that was not a poorly played game by Allen. You are not going to win many games scoring one goal.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I'm done predicting the Blues to win in the prediction threads before games. Since I stopped they started winning and of course today I pick them to win and they ****ing blow it.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues ran out of gas in the last 3rd of the 2nd period. Clearly, they were tired from traveling through the night. It's too bad they have to lose a home win they ordinarily should have had to flukes in their traveling. I guess that evens out with all teams over a full season. But in this short 48 game season, every point is crucial.

Allen still looked good (despite the soft 2nd goal). I expect that Halak will play in Colorado. I don't like the idea of playing tomorrow 5,200 ft. high, after little rest after being very tired. They couldn't get to the puck. make passes to reach teammates, keep the puck on their sticks in this game, what will they do with little additional rest, playing while breathing oxygen-poor air?

I hope Colorado will still be playing poorly, so The Blues will be able to take advantage of that.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The fatigue thing is actually a pretty decent excuse.

The only complaint I have is Hitchcock. How many games do we actually win when he messes with the lines halfway through? Stop it.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The Blues ran out of gas in the last 3rd of the 2nd period. Clearly, they were tired from traveling through the night. It's too bad they have to lose a home win they ordinarily should have had to flukes in their traveling. I guess that evens out with all teams over a full season. But in this short 48 game season, every point is crucial.

Allen still looked good (despite the soft 2nd goal). I expect that Halak will play in Colorado. I don't like the idea of playing tomorrow 5,200 ft. high, after little rest after being very tired. They couldn't get to the puck. make passes to reach teammates, keep the puck on their sticks in this game, what will they do with little additional rest, playing while breathing oxygen-poor air?

I hope Colorado will still be playing poorly, so The Blues will be able to take advantage of that.

If there was ever a game where we need our goalie to win the game for us, tomorrow is it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I get the fatigue thing, but it's part of being in the NHL right? Excuses like that don't get you a cup. They have to rise above, or they can keep using excuses and not get very far. I just hope they get back to a winning streak, and fast.

San Jose was bound to win eventually. You don't keep losing forever.

Exactly. Excuses lead to long losing streaks. Just have to accept the fact that the other team outplayed you. Hopefully the guys are saving something for tomorrow night. They can't afford to go on another prolonged losing streak.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Exactly. Excuses lead to long losing streaks. Just have to accept the fact that the other team outplayed you. Hopefully the guys are saving something for tomorrow night. They can't afford to go on another prolonged losing streak.

They are gonna have to dig really deep tomorrow. That's for sure.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
They are gonna have to dig really deep tomorrow. That's for sure.

No doubt. Back to backs are never easy, but playing in the thin air in Colorado is going to be rough. Hopefully they can build a lead early and just play defensively the rest of the game.

Wiems35*

I have a feeling Halak is going to get A LOT of work tomorrow night against our rivals:)sarcasm:).

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Attended the game, Blues were missing in action in the 2nd and especially the 3rd. You don't win many games scoring 1 goal, and I could care less if San Jose had more rest that's bull, the Sharks had lost 7 games in a row.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If traveling all night and arriving at 6 am vs a team resting for 3 days isn't an excuse, not sure what is. Now they jump on a plane and travel to Colorado. 3 time zones in 3 days. This air plane ordeal could cost the Blues 4 points on games they would should win

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
They looked lethargic until the sharks scored a weak goal. By then, it was too late.

They played a pathetic game and they barely lost on a fluke goal. Im not sure what to make of that.

Ultimimately they blow at home. weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad