GDT: Game 16: "Bleed Blue" San Jose Sharks @ St. Louis Blues 2/19/13 7 pm CST NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Wow you need to calm down. It wasn't that bad of a call.

You people are an embarrassment. Some of you act like the Blues were rested and playing a peewee team. Well San Jose is still in a playoff spot so they aren't that horrible. Jesus.

That's a bit of the school of Boudreau coming out of me I guess :laugh:

I'm just so tired of bad calls. That was a bad call. And it's in the last minute in a one goal game. The Blues weren't good tonight, but neither was San Jose. The team battled hard, and that call ended the game before it was over.

We've gotten so used to bad officiating that plain bad doesn't seem that bad anymore... but it still is.

That was a game-changing call, and it was awful.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Stewie had an assist

not much though

NONE of The Blues had much. I don't know about most people. But, when I was playing midget and bantam, if I didn't sleep most of a night, I was worthless. Sleeping for a "cat nap" for 3-4 hours (which is the MOST I could get after the sun comes up), didn't help much, at all.

I think that a lot of people downplay lack of sleep as only an "excuse" for losing that doesn't hold water. But I disagree. You could see that The Blues had no jump for almost 2/3 of the game, and their timing was way off. They lost most of the races to the puck, couldn't get good wood on their passes, shots, attempts to clear, couldn't put their passes where they wanted them to go, couldn't get their bodies where they EXPECTED them to be at a given time, etc.

I'm sure many of you know what I'm describing, if you've ever played when very tired, or played when you are too old. Your muscle memory of thousands of skating sprints from your "prime experience" tells you you will get to "X" point on the ice after 3 more seconds, and the puck will be there. The puck gets there, all right, but you are short a stride, the pass doesn't click (your team loses possession, or you miss the tip-in, or you can't make your planned hit, etc. etc.).

The Blues just didn't have it tonight, and likely would have lost even if Allen didn't let that shot go "through" him. They had almost NOTHING left for most of The 3rd Period. They couldn't get it out of their own zone and couldn't keep possession for more than a couple seconds. They were "lucky" it didn't end 6 or 7 to 1.

I know it's very early. But with The Hawks so far ahead, it's going to be very tough to catch them. I'd sure like to have home ice advantage in a Western Conference showdown with them.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Probably stole one in Vancouver and lost one tonight the Blues normally would win. It happens.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
The adversity the Blues are going through will make this team one to remember.

Book it. Its about to get special around here.I know it when I see it.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Anybody see Stewie or Amac tonight? MIA
Stewart was fine.

McDonald, Backes, Perron, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Steen needed to step it up.

And tomorrow's game vs. Colorado will be tough for several reasons. I don't care what their record is.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
NONE of The Blues had much. I don't know about most people. But, when I was playing midget and bantam, if I didn't sleep most of a night, I was worthless. Sleeping for a "cat nap" for 3-4 hours (which is the MOST I could get after the sun comes up), didn't help much, at all.

I think that a lot of people downplay lack of sleep as only an "excuse" for losing that doesn't hold water. But I disagree. You could see that The Blues had no jump for almost 2/3 of the game, and their timing was way off. They lost most of the races to the puck, couldn't get good wood on their passes, shots, attempts to clear, couldn't put their passes where they wanted them to go, couldn't get their bodies where they EXPECTED them to be at a given time, etc.

I'm sure many of you know what I'm describing, if you've ever played when very tired, or played when you are too old. Your muscle memory of thousands of skating sprints from your "prime experience" tells you you will get to "X" point on the ice after 3 more seconds, and the puck will be there. The puck gets there, all right, but you are short a stride, the pass doesn't click (your team loses possession, or you miss the tip-in, or you can't make your planned hit, etc. etc.).

The Blues just didn't have it tonight, and likely would have lost even if Allen didn't let that shot go "through" him. They had almost NOTHING left for most of The 3rd Period. They couldn't get it out of their own zone and couldn't keep possession for more than a couple seconds. They were "lucky" it didn't end 6 or 7 to 1.

I know it's very early. But with The Hawks so far ahead, it's going to be very tough to catch them. I'd sure like to have home ice advantage in a Western Conference showdown with them.

It had an impact on the performance tonight, but we still should have had enough to win the game. If the opposition had played a fast, high impact game from the start then fair enough... but the Sharks were pretty impotent all game. There isn't really an excuse for the result.

Colorado is a different story. High altitude, fatigued etc etc. I'm not expecting anything from the game. We'll then have 2 off days until Columbus and then 4 off days until Chicago. Hopefully it will go better than our last break...

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I'm convinced it's time for a lineup change. I thought the double vlad and bergie line was solid when they were together. I still want to find a way to get steen into perrons spot on the bashie line, but that won't happen

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
I do think the lack of sleep contributed to the way the Blues played. Still, the Sharks just outplayed us

I do not think there was any real outplaying on either side.

The Sharks did not play a good game and the Blues were just downright gassed

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
the game last night was bad, but holy hell, why all the whining and doom and gloom? look at the standings, the Blues are probably right where they should be, in the middle of a playoff hunt. The Hawks are outpacing every other team in the league by a fair margin, except the Ducks. Excepting those 2 teams, the Blues are only 4 points behind the league points leader.

take a chill pill, breathe. it's one game.

i've always wondered what a chill pill would look and taste like though.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
the game last night was bad, but holy hell, why all the whining and doom and gloom? look at the standings, the Blues are probably right where they should be, in the middle of a playoff hunt. The Hawks are outpacing every other team in the league by a fair margin, except the Ducks. Excepting those 2 teams, the Blues are only 4 points behind the league points leader.

take a chill pill, breathe. it's one game.

i've always wondered what a chill pill would look and taste like though.

I completely agree.

We are right where we should be. Our number 1 goalie has been out most of the season and we have had a rookie start the last 4 games.

We will be vicious to beat come the playoffs.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
I completely agree.

We are right where we should be. Our number 1 goalie has been out most of the season and we have had a rookie start the last 4 games.

We will be vicious to beat come the playoffs.

Exactly. and anyone blaming the loss on Allen should take count of how many times he stoned Pavelski, not to mention the 3 or 4 saves that came directly after the 2nd goal. the team was gassed and Allen kept them in spite of their lackluster play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad