GDT: Game 16: Arizona Templars @ Washington Illuminati | 5:00 p.m. MST | FS-A

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
IDK. I'm of the opinion to sell on OEL. He's a great player...but....what if this isn't temporary....what if he doesn't want to play here....what if his play declines further......im seeing some pretty big offers on the main board and while I know that isn't reality, its not out of the realm of possibility that we get a boat load for him. Look at what the Avs got for a 1-2 C. I can imagine what we could get for a 1D. My point is, there's a lot of ifs going on right now. I say sell high.

Reactions: BigDoaner

cobra427

May 6, 2012
While I agree that you don't trade a guy like OEL this early, and I also agree that we need to give him at least until the deadline to figure out what he wants, he isn't our best or even most valuable player right now. That's indisputably Clayton Keller.
Disagree. keller is a winger off to a hot start, might be Patrick kane or turn into less than Eberle, its still early. OEL is a proven #1D and has way more value to any team today even with a bad start.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
The main reason I am fully willing to move OEL is due to his poor play being a mental thing. He doesn't look incapable he looks like a head case. Poor decision making, various levels of effort, sometimes he just looks flat out confused with himself. A change of scenery might be what he needs, but I don't see a turn around for him here. His decline has been going on for over a year now.

Reactions: _Del_ and rt

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We're rounding into last years form. If we can manage a loser point Bonsai may renew afterall with all this entertaining hockey!
Vegas, baby!
Just saw the replay. Nearly won in another DT style game. Just sayin’.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
IDK. I'm of the opinion to sell on OEL. He's a great player...but....what if this isn't temporary....what if he doesn't want to play here....what if his play declines further......im seeing some pretty big offers on the main board and while I know that isn't reality, its not out of the realm of possibility that we get a boat load for him. Look at what the Avs got for a 1-2 C. I can imagine what we could get for a 1D. My point is, there's a lot of ifs going on right now. I say sell high.

This is my thinking. If other teams still look at him as an elite defenseman sell him high. With Chychrun coming back and us likely picking no lower than 3rd this year we'd have shots at Dahlin or Bouchard, plus we'd likely get a 1st in a package for OEL.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
While I agree that you don't trade a guy like OEL this early, and I also agree that we need to give him at least until the deadline to figure out what he wants, he isn't our best or even most valuable player right now. That's indisputably Clayton Keller.

It hasn't even been 20 games. Keller will find it much more difficult the second half. I hope is doesn't though.:nod:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It hasn't even been 20 games. Keller will find it much more difficult the second half. I hope is doesn't though.:nod:

That's why I said "right now." It could be that OEL has a "come to Jesus" moment and Keller cools off in the next couple of months. But I can't imagine anyone thinking Keller hasn't been the MVP of the team up until this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad