BRUINS GDT GAME 16 7:14 PM - Bienvenue à Boston Canadiens de Montréal - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 690 CKGM-AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Gotta imagine at this point if you're the debrusk camp you want another 1-2 year deal at similar AAV to show you can do more before signing something long term.

Sweeney I imagine would rather lock him in now but at an AAV JDB probably feels undervalues what he can bring.
Yeah this is where I am too. He’s “playing better than his stats” which is what his camp will be leaning on, but the proof is in the pudding. I really like his game and honestly can’t believe how unproductive he is. I do worry that a change of scenery is what he really needs to break out.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Nice to give a dominating performance in front of all the Bruins legends and SC winners.

Yeah this is where I am too. He’s “playing better than his stats” which is what his camp will be leaning on, but the proof is in the pudding. I really like his game and honestly can’t believe how unproductive he is. I do worry that a change of scenery is what he really needs to break out.

I just want him resigned, he has developed into a really good 2 way player, he dosen't hurt you even when he is in a long scoring slump. Furthermore he appears to be very well liked by his teammates.

Reactions: OV and bobbyorr04

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Beecher has amazed me. He operates within the team's structure and acts as the essential binding force for the fourth line. Lauko and Steen are right there alongside him, creating a speedy fourth line that gets on the opposing team's defense. They skillfully cycle the puck and pursue it tenaciously.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Nice to give a dominating performance in front of all the Bruins legends and SC winners.

I just want him resigned, he has developed into a really good 2 way player, he dosen't hurt you even when he is in a long scoring slump. Furthermore he appears to be very well liked by his teammates.
Yes I agree. The question will be at what cost? A lot of those are intangibles, and Contracts often come down to production, so can both sides find common ground on a terrific player that simply isn’t producing?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Beecher has amazed me. He operates within the team's structure and acts as the essential binding force for the fourth line. Lauko and Steen are right there alongside him, creating a speedy fourth line that gets on the opposing team's defense. They skillfully cycle the puck and pursue it tenaciously.

Really?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
DeBrusk-Poitras-Heinen, shot attempts 17-4, shots on target 9-2, scoring chances 10-2, high danger chances 4-1, xGF 88%. Unfortunately just no finish. But Monty needs to stick with this combo, they’re doing a lot of good things. Hopefully they translate into goals soon.
Yep, it's a nice line. Balanced, smart, and plays hard. Monty def needs to keep going with this line. Jake and Heinen in particular made multiple really good plays tonight. The goals should come in due time.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well that was just simple dominance. I don't think they played as well as they did in the other game but they were simply outmatched by a much better Bruin team. Loved it.

Two minor points. I don't think the response to the hit on Poitras was adequate. We might need to find a new tough guy.
and two, the third line isn't great at the moment. Poitras has hit a bit of a rookie wall and then there's Jake DeBrusk. idk what's the issue but he's just not good enough. Would never have dreamed that JVR would be out playing DeBrusk (by a lot) at this point in the season. Weird.

But it was dominance and good on them with the whole 72 thing going on.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Well that was just simple dominance. I don't think they played as well as they did in the other game but they were simply outmatched by a much better Bruin team. Loved it.

Two minor points. I don't think the response to the hit on Poitras was adequate. We might need to find a new tough guy.
and two, the third line isn't great at the moment. Poitras has hit a bit of a rookie wall and then there's Jake DeBrusk. idk what's the issue but he's just not good enough. Would never have dreamed that JVR would be out playing DeBrusk (by a lot) at this point in the season. Weird.

But it was dominance and good on them with the whole 72 thing going on.
JDB had one of his best games of the year, some one just needs to break out a chicken for Jobu

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
f***, this team is so likeable. Not getting roped in though, show it to me in the playoffs.

giphy.gif

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hope watching those banners go up gives the boys a little more juice tonight than they had last Saturday.
Most players (and guys who work for the Bruins) looked in awe of all of the players who showed up. It was fun for @GahdenRinkRat and me as we remember all of those guys. We didn't have ST then but we watched the games

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Habs fan coming in peace, just want to say congratulations on 100 years. It was great seeing the former Bruins coming out tonight to be honored. Looking forward to the next chapters in this historic rivalry and when both teams are competitive their isn't a better one in hockey. Hope my team can step up and get this rivalry back to where it should be in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad