GDT: Game #16 - 11.13.14 - at Los Angeles - 9:30 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
But our wingers have sucked as bad as our D. We are a team of bottom 6 forwards + Benn, Segs, and Spezza. Calling up Ritchie can add to that list and maybe even spark up Val and Hemsky.

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I promise you if our wingers sucked as bad as our D Ritchie would be up now.

Most of our wingers have been doing decent work.

We know Ritchie is an upgrade on the whole. I think Nill is seeing if McKenzie can get completely adjusted. I'd really like to see him on the top PP unit as a net front guy. As far as I am aware (and Bluesoma, please correct me), that McKenzie is a good garbage man.

My issue now lies in the fact that Roussel plays with a fire that's really hard to replicate. Do waive Sceviour, a good organizational soldier, or Eaves, a player who has been serviceable, and make room for another rookie, one who hasn't tipped the AHL on it's head and stolen its lunch money yet? As soon as Moen is ready to play, I wholeheartedly expect Jim Nill to make the right move to clear up the right roster spots.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Hemsky is the only real top 6 winger we have excluding Jamie.

Eaves has done ok, but he's not a top line guy. By any means and shouldn't be looked at as one. Same with Cole. We've seen how he plays on the 4th line with limited minutes. It's where he belongs.

With Val out and Hems broken for whatever reason, we're just stuck ATM. Ritchie wouldn't make a significant difference quite yet IMO.

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
LOL. Okay.

No he's fairly right there.

Most of them don't bring enough puck possession to the game. Their offensive potential isn't enough to help us outscore everyone.

They work hard and play with emotion. But that emotion has hurt us and they have been shown to be notoriously stupid on the ice at times.

Even with Hemsky and Nichushkin, we still have 4 top 6 forwards. (And Ritchie down)

Benn-Seguin-Ritchie
Nichushkin-Spezza-Eaves
McKenzie-Eakin-Hemsky
Moen/Roussel-Horcoff/Fiddler-Sceviour/Garbutt

That lineup looks way better than anything we've iced all year.

It just means moving Cole, and waiving one of Sceviour or Eaves, honestly. Or in an insane world, sending McKenzie down (foolish), trading Eakin (not so foolish), or trading someone other than the guys who are having an issue contributing to the overall success of the club.

Last edited:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Hemsky is the only real top 6 winger we have excluding Jamie.

Eaves has done ok, but he's not a top line guy. By any means and shouldn't be looked at as one. Same with Cole. We've seen how he plays on the 4th line with limited minutes. It's where he belongs.

With Val out and Hems broken for whatever reason, we're just stuck ATM. Ritchie wouldn't make a significant difference quite yet IMO.

But my point is, why put Eaves and Cole who clearly aren't top 6 forward in the top 6 over calling up Ritchie (who will be a future top 6 for us and looks ready) and hoping he can have chemistry with Spezza giving us two legit duo's while Val and Hemsky try finding their games.

I mean it just makes more sense to me.

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
But my point is, why put Eaves and Cole who clearly aren't top 6 forward in the top 6 over calling up Ritchie (who will be a future top 6 for us and looks ready) and hoping he can have chemistry with Spezza giving us two legit duo's while Val and Hemsky try finding their games.

I mean it just makes more sense to me.

Because we don't have any Jere Lehtinens to attach to Spezza.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
No he's fairly right there.

Most of them don't bring enough puck possession to the game. Their offensive potential isn't enough to help us outscore everyone.

They work hard and play with emotion. But that emotion has hurt us and they have been shown to be notoriously stupid on the ice at times.

Even with Hemsky and Nichushkin, we still have 4 top 6 forwards.

Benn-Seguin-Ritchie
Nichushkin-Spezza-Eaves
McKenzie-Eakin-Hemsky
Moen/Roussel-Horcoff/Fiddler-Sceviour/Garbutt

That lineup looks way better than anything we've iced all year.

It just means moving Cole, and waiving one of Sceviour or Eaves, honestly. Or in an insane world, sending McKenzie down (foolish), trading Eakin (not so foolish), or trading someone other than the guys who are having an issue contributing to the overall success of the club.

My point exactly. And I would honestly keep Cole because when he plays in our bottom 6 he plays to his potential and looks really good out there. I think sending McKenzie down would make the most sense IMO unless we are willing to give up Garbutt or Cole.

There's just so many solutions to turn too, and Nill has a tough job ahead of him.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Good news is that Martin Jones is in net and watching the Stars destroy him and break his almost record win streak was one of my favorite moments from last year

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'll be so mad if we revert back to the BSS line after we only won when we broke them up. There's like 10 different combinations I'd rather see than the same combinations we lost 7 in a row with

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I'll be so mad if we revert back to the BSS line after we only won when we broke them up. There's like 10 different combinations I'd rather see than the same combinations we lost 7 in a row with

Well with Hemsky being our only true top 6 winger, and with a new bottom 6 winger in Moen coming maybe Ruff wanted to run with two 4th lines to figure out which wingers to go with in the future

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Well with Hemsky being our only true top 6 winger, and with a new bottom 6 winger in Moen coming maybe Ruff wanted to run with two 4th lines to figure out which wingers to go with in the future

Only top 6 winger not named Jamie effing Benn?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad