GDT: Game #16 - 11.13.14 - at Los Angeles - 9:30 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
This thread....is just for drinking. Nothing more.

tumblr_inline_ne6md83Udp1r9s1q8.gif

seguindrinking.jpg

tumblr_inline_nd23cjpubI1qfkjm4.gif

razorbeer.jpg

tumblr_inline_necevan6lG1r9s1q8.gif

jamiebennpartying.jpg

tumblr_inline_n8m2b0nF4D1suw10y.gif

seguindrinking2.jpg

tumblr_inline_na2p7nEXV11qfkjm4.gif

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
As long as we don't get super-ebolaherpesyphilis from being near Anaheim.

I still can't believe they are getting mumps. The MMR vaccine has been around forever and has all but eradicated mumps, measles and rubella. Yet now it's resurfacing because of anti-vaxxers :facepalm:

nablock

May 8, 2014
Houston, Texas
I still can't believe they are getting mumps. The MMR vaccine has been around forever and has all but eradicated mumps, measles and rubella. Yet now it's resurfacing because of anti-vaxxers :facepalm:

Corey Perry being a cesspool of disease should not be surprising.

Also, I will be quite a few drinks deep by time the game starts. This will lead to either lead to drunken happies, or drunken saddies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Ugh, it's so bad.

We're going to get massively shut down by LA tonight if we run a 1 line team.

I'm going to maintain that bringing in Spezza is going to be viewed as a bad move by Nill rather than a good one, unless we can surround him with quality players post haste. I don't mean Benn & Seguin, I mean on the 2nd line by himself.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
As much as I like Hemsky, don't think it's that big of a deal to sit him at least tonight.

That 4th line has been really good IMO.

Totally understandable decision but man that's a lot of bottom six, not exactly offensively gifted players in this lineup. This game could turn ugly.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Darryl Sutter on what he saw from the Stars in last week's game

Well, I think that they do have the big line. That’s not a secret. I think Benn and Seguin are stars, so if you look at every night, you have to be able to saw that line off. They’re emotional guys, too. Benn, he gets in a fight the first shift last game. He’s the emotional guy, too. He’s a tough guy to handle. [Reporter: Drew did an outstanding job against them in that game a couple weeks ago.] You just have to be consistent against them. You can’t give them open space, and you can’t let them two-on-one you, and you can’t turn the puck over. It’s a demanding checking game to play against them. You can’t let them on the power play. They’re just dangerous guys. You see times where you say they’re not doing much, and then Seguin will come up with a couple goals like he did the other night, or Benn’ll run somebody over. You know what? We need that a little bit more out of our group in terms of those top guys doing that.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/11/13/november-13-morning-skate-quotes-darryl-sutter/

Last edited:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
At this point why haven't we called up Ritchie? We lack top 6 talent and Ritchie can be easily be the answers to our problem if he can play to his potential (which isn't too far fetched). I mean, what do we have to lose? Give him 5 games or so to show case what he can do with Spezza or with Benn/Seguin. It's better than trying to put bottom 6 guys in the top 6 IMO

Benn-Seguin-Ritchie
Eakin-Spezza-Hemsky
Roussel-Fiddler-Garbutt
Cole-Horcoff-Sceviour

looks more balanced than ...

Benn-Spezza-Seguin
Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt
McKenzie-Fiddler-Eaves
Cole-Horcoff-Sceviour

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
At this point why haven't we called up Ritchie? We lack top 6 talent and Ritchie can be easily be the answers to our problem if he can play to his potential (which isn't too far fetched). I mean, what do we have to lose? Give him 5 games or so to show case what he can do with Spezza or with Benn/Seguin. It's better than trying to put bottom 6 guys in the top 6 IMO

Benn-Seguin-Ritchie
Eakin-Spezza-Hemsky
Roussel-Fiddler-Garbutt
Cole-Horcoff-Sceviour

looks more balanced than ...

Benn-Spezza-Seguin
Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt
McKenzie-Fiddler-Eaves
Cole-Horcoff-Sceviour

We're apparently at our quota of rookies or something.

I don't think McKenzie and Klingberg look like they're having issues adjusting to the NHL game. So the only issue would be that we're at the roster cap and don't feel like Eaves and Sceviour have deserved the waiver wire. Plus Nichushkin is still hurt.

I honestly believe someone is going to get sent down or traded in short order. It's the only logical step now that we have eleventy billion fourth line forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad