GDT: Game 16: 11/11 Take 2: Boston Bruins vs. Maple Leafs: 7pm ET: NESN, CBC, CITY, NHL ,98.5, CHUM 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The bruins will win tonight. Bjork gets 1goal 1 ass...its fun making predictions
Before the game.
Ok..im going to make another predictiin albeit this one a real tough one..really going out on a limb on this one..
I predict Beleskey doesnt score tonight

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I’m not a fan of the DeBrusk scratch. I don’t think he was that bad last night, was he? I mean, if it’s a conditioning/mental break for the rookie, I get it, sort of...he’s one of the few players to skate all the games so far. But there are better options out there than scratch....

I am, however, LOVING Postma being out. So for, the Postma hasn’t delivered at all, except for one really good play at home a couple of weeks ago.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't think his skating had dropped of.
Not a bad thing to take a seat and hopefully watch next to an assistant coach and see how it looks from above

Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Wheeler were all healthy scratches early on

Was reading about Konecny of the Flyers dealing with it last year

He's got a very bright future

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I knew DeBrusk would be scratched simply going to say I disagree with this scratch, Belenskey
Beleskey is certainly someone who needs to get going one way or another

I'd keep putting him out there and see if he can break out. If he's struggling the end of November and he's blocking someone then they need to figure out the end game

I don't see him here long term but I'm not ready to 'make him fly'

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I didn't think his skating had dropped of.

While a game up above doesn't hurt Debrusk (it can give a player a different perspective), his skating has dropped off?

Has he watched %%$$#@ Beleskey lately?

This team is struggling for secondary scoring, and Cassidy drops a guy who has 3 goals in 15 NHL games, and keeps in a guy who has 3 goals in his last 67 NHL games.

I'm really starting to question the decision of this coach.

Reactions: BBB24

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I cannot stand Kadri either..JVR always liked him. The leafs are quite a good team. In fact they are better then the majority of the nhl teams . your dislike for them may be making you bias on the level of team the Leafs are... The lowly horrible leaf days are now a thing of the past

I admit I am biased and they are better than years past but don't think they are really good yet. Quite a few of their players had exceptional years last season and won't be duplicating that most likely. They had a graet start but let's see how the rest of the season goes. They certainly didn't impress me last night.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Cassidy is starting to show why he took so long to get back to the NHL. If he is sitting DeBrusk because of his skating than he is an idiot, playing Nash, Schaller, Belesky, Schwarz, Vatrano, Kuraly over DeBrusk proves it.

I havent seen much of Jake lately but i agree id play him over most of those names you provided.
I hope that this is not a sign of BC's true colors

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
While a game up above doesn't hurt Debrusk (it can give a player a different perspective), his skating has dropped off?

This team is struggling for secondary scoring, and Cassidy drops a guy who has 3 goals in 15 NHL games, and keeps in a guy who has 3 goals in his last 67 NHL games.

Debrusk might come back a better player from a game above, Beleskey will always be a mess regardless of what anyone does. I don't mind him trying to get more out of Debrusk, if our season hinges on whether or not Debrusk plays every game I think we have more to worry about.

Reactions: Marcobruin

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Got a bad feeling about this one.

The Leafs are playing their backup, so a 40 save shutout is on the horizon.

Reactions: BMC

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
DeBrusk out and useless #39 still in?

Cassidy is clueless.
Bruins made the playoffs last yr sure wasn't looking like they would under cj. The team isnt doing great however i
Think we need to give BC the season before we may place him in the
Clueless category

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Debrusk might come back a better player from a game above, Beleskey will always be a mess regardless of what anyone does. I don't mind him trying to get more out of Debrusk, if our season hinges on whether or not Debrusk plays every game I think we have more to worry about.

While I agree that there is a benefit to a rookie like Debrusk to see the game from a different perspective.

With the amount of injuries and the talent that is out of the line-up at this juncture, now is not the time for this type of move.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Got a bad feeling about this one.

The Leafs are playing their backup, so a 40 save shutout is on the horizon.
No Matthews no Andersson- the Bruins were the better team last night

Going Boston

They need 20+ points at 20 games and tonight is big

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

So am I, starting to wonder if Beleskey is holding something over Cassidy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad