Tanning Bed
tenor.gif

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Couture-Hertl-Meier
Donskoi-Pavs-Kane
Scorensen-Jumbo-Labanc
Goodrow-Shovels-Melker

Hopefully Pete was just putting the joes back together in crunch time to shorten the bench because the Wild were shortening their bench as well down by 1 late in the 3rd

Reactions: LA Shark

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Couture-Hertl-Meier
Donskoi-Pavs-Kane
Scorensen-Jumbo-Labanc
Goodrow-Shovels-Melker

Hopefully Pete was just putting the joes back together in crunch time to shorten the bench because the Wild were shortening their bench as well down by 1 late in the 3rd
mean sure but Jumbo should have been on the otherside of that bench right now. He was gassed in the 3rd

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Couture-Hertl-Meier
Kane-Thornton-Sorensen
Pavelski-Suomela-Donskoi
Goodrow-Chartier-Labanc

I'd like to see this tried at some point. Not necessarily now but at some point.

Reactions: bullslugg

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
At the end of the highlight of Goodrow’s goal on NHL.com you can see Vlasic say “you f***ing piece of shit” to the linesman.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
At the end of the highlight of Goodrow’s goal on NHL.com you can see Vlasic say “you ****ing piece of ****” to the linesman.
And that got us dinged for a penalty? f***ing hell, refs need to get thicker skin. I can't believe the game could've been tied because hurt feefees. That's f***ing bullshit

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Woah! Good catch. I watched the game again trying to pick up on something and missed it.

If the ref heard it he may have been protecting his mates. When I reffed soccer, I had reasonable tough skin, but would be rather protective of the linesman.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
And that got us dinged for a penalty? ****ing hell, refs need to get thicker skin. I can't believe the game could've been tied because hurt feefees. That's ****ing bull****
Woah! Good catch. I watched the game again trying to pick up on something and missed it.
The penalty wasn’t called until a little bit later. Vlasic iced the puck, it’s was a questionable call, and I’m sure he had more words for that particular linesman.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You wanna shut your mouth? I played with him for years and have been friends with him for over half a decade and still see him during the summer. You're literally spreading bull****. Every year he comes back and goes to the local minor rink he played for and skates and helps kids learn for nothing. I have played and am friends with nearly a dozen guys in that made the pros including Virtanen, Point, Barzal, Lazar, Theodore, Tristan Jarry and Hicketts. Barzal might be the most down to earth kid I know. Not once growing up did he ever act like he was better than someone or put someone down due to his skill. He hasn't changed since growing up.

Look at my post History, I called him being a top 3 pick and vetted his work ethic since 2015 on here.

Yeah of course. Half the NHL is your family and friends so you'd always know better than anybody else. You forgot to mention that Nathan MacKinnon is your is your butler, Alexander Ovechkin your brother, Johnny Gaudreau your sister, Cindy Crosby your mother and Roberto Luongo your father.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't see how one can watch the games and say Goodrow isn't significantly faster than Pavelski.
Then again, said poster's opinion on the majority of players is questionable.

Yeah. Just like Barzal is better than Meier huh? :sarcasm:
Now who's opinion is questionable? Don't wanna give you the answer just like that but here's a hint. Somebody called it the way it's happening now and it wasn't you:D

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
literally the entire league is faster than pavelski. talk about dying on a worthless hill.

We can't really be surprised by that. Pavs has managed to produce in the past which made it acceptable to look past his skating. This year, so far, he has not been able to really get going. There are 8 people on the Sharks who have more points than Pavs who has 6 points with Suomela, Sorenson and Vlasic right behind Pavs with 5 points each.

When Pavs is in the offensive zone and the other team gets the puck I cringe. Its almost always a odd-man rush the other way because no way can Pavs catch up to defend. I still think Pavs could contribute at the NHL level but I don't think its going to be against top competition because of his lack of speed.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
We can't really be surprised by that. Pavs has managed to produce in the past which made it acceptable to look past his skating. This year, so far, he has not been able to really get going. There are 8 people on the Sharks who have more points than Pavs who has 6 points with Suomela, Sorenson and Vlasic right behind Pavs with 5 points each.

When Pavs is in the offensive zone and the other team gets the puck I cringe. Its almost always a odd-man rush the other way because no way can Pavs catch up to defend. I still think Pavs could contribute at the NHL level but I don't think its going to be against top competition because of his lack of speed.
Pavs is so slow that often he gets caught out on long shifts because it takes him too long to get to the bench and change.

Reactions: BigDmitriy and Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Pavs is so slow that often he gets caught out on long shifts because it takes him too long to get to the bench and change.
Saw that last game. It was kind of comical actually.A Wild player was trying a breakout pass while Pavs was trying to change. It missed and went to a Sharks player. He tried to dump it from the neutral zone to the offensive zone, it hit Pavs while he was still trying to change.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah. Just like Barzal is better than Meier huh? :sarcasm:
Now who's opinion is questionable? Don't wanna give you the answer just like that but here's a hint. Somebody called it the way it's happening now and it wasn't you:D

Meier has one 15 game stretch where he's ahead of Barzal by four points and you're going to pretend like it's definitive that Meier is better than him? Even those inclined to agree with you on that assessment can't ignore the significantly larger number of things that you've been laughably and painfully incorrect about to get on board with a childish response like this...especially when you have an assessment in this thread that you're so very obviously and hilariously misguided regarding Pavelski and Goodrow's speed. This is but one small example of many why nobody takes you seriously on this board and largely ignores you.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah of course. Half the NHL is your family and friends so you'd always know better than anybody else. You forgot to mention that Nathan MacKinnon is your is your butler, Alexander Ovechkin your brother, Johnny Gaudreau your sister, Cindy Crosby your mother and Roberto Luongo your father.

LMFAO.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This kind of happened to me, but with a baseball player. Long story, but the nutshell is I used to be neighbors with Jose Conseco when I was about 11, and that waste of oxygen got my dog taken away from me because it hated him and kept barking at him because he was an *******. So, based on that phrase, I guess my complaint is legit.
Dogs have great noses for coke.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

I agree that the sharks have a lot of odd man rushes against because our forwards get caught deep and are too slow on the back check but I put most of the blame on our dmen being stubborn enough to continuously shoot the puck into the other teams shin pads causing a rush the other way. I really wish they’d just dump it behind the net or in the corner instead of trying to force the shot every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00