GDT: Game 15: Wild @ Sharks, 7:30 PM PST

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I don't care if Pavs is good enough at center right now. Getting Thornton going would be a huge boon for the team and it seems as if he clicks well with Sorensen and Goodrow due to those guys having speed to help him out. I don't see the need to change that. If Hertl is back, put his line back together, keep that Thornton line together and just let Kane-Pavs-Donskoi work it out a bit and go with it. Tinkering with line combos that work is overthinking things.
Where would Labanc play? I'd replace Goodrow with Labanc.

28-39-48
9-8-27
20-19-62
23-40-60

Although I'm sure Chartier would get scratched for Melker. Although I guess if Labanc was on the 4th line with Shovels, that'd be a good scoring threat on the 4th line.

Reactions: Sandisfan

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
SNOG announcement

Looked like a multiple-way tie until I remembered that nickname for Suomela. Congrats on your first SNOG of the year, FeedingFrenzy!

View attachment 152553

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 3 vs DucksnoneDucks 5-2
2Oct. 5 at KingsPackShark, HOOCH2173, Herschel, Ol Dirty PirateSharks 3-2 OT
3Oct. 8 at IslandersnoneIslanders 4-0
4Oct. 9 at FlyersnoneSharks 8-2
5Oct. 11 at RangersnoneRangers 3-2 OT
6Oct. 14 at DevilsnoneDevils 3-2
7Oct. 18 vs SabresfasterthanlightSharks 5-1
8Oct. 20 vs IslandersBaileyMacTavish, Kcoyote3Sharks 4-1
9Oct. 23 at PredatorsnoneSharks 5-4
10Oct. 26 at HurricanesnoneHurricanes 4-3 SO
11Oct. 28 at DucksnoneSharks 4-3 OT
12Oct. 30 vs RangersnoneRangers 4-3 SO
13Nov. 1 vs Blue JacketsnoneBlue Jackets 4-1
14Nov. 3 vs Flyersrangerssharks414Sharks 4-3 OT
15Nov. 6 vs WildFeedingFrenzySharks 4-3
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2018-19 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.BaileyMacTavish, fasterthanlight, FeedingFrenzy, Herschel, HOOCH2173, Kcoyote3, Ol Dirty Pirate, PackShark, rangerssharks4141
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Been awhile!!!
Yay!

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Jones lowering his save percentage and upping his GAA even with this win. Can't fault him for the goals but he didn't steal a thing tonight.

The first goal was on Jones. He lost sight of the puck while it was on his pad and went to get up. Parise slid the puck under his pad for the score.

The 2nd Wild score is not Jones, but more of his teammates screening him. But that points to an improvement Jones needs to make. He's blasé about defending his blue paint and the immediate area outside of it.

He gives up opportunities to pick up goal tender interference because he doesn't challenge opponents in his crease. Instead, he seems to work around the interference to where the zebras won't call it.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Under DeBoer? He'd be with the Barracuda right now. DeBoer never in his whole Coaching career played a Center with a bad 2 way game and terrible faceoff numbers. Not that I know of. Barzal is also pretty uncoachable and not willing to work on his issues because he thinks he's already a star. Trotz tried but it didn't work. Under DeBoer, Barzal would be with the Barracuda. I'd bet my house if I had one. DeBoer would never play a spoiled brat over Jumbo.
ahh yes a player with 1 season under his belt is uncoachable. YUUUUUGE sample size there :sarcasm:

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012

28-39-48
9-8-27
20-19-62
23-40-60

Although I'm sure Chartier would get scratched for Melker. Although I guess if Labanc was on the 4th line with Shovels, that'd be a good scoring threat on the 4th line.
This is my ideal line up once everyone is healthy although replace Chartier with Karlsson because PDB

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah. You're right. Since Pavelski has been so hot this season he'll easily get over a few more bs games at Center:sarcasm:

We saw it last season. It doesn't work. Not sure why DeBoer still thinks it'd be such a smart idea to use Pavelski at Center. Which winger with 0 assists would you switch to Center?

Also, while I really like Goodrow and Sorensen, nobody is ever gonna need them to get anything going. They're good role players and that's about it. Especially Goodrow could also play further up the lineup if needed but he's never gonna make anybody better. He's also not a speedster...hardly faster than Pavelski. Your post doesn't much much sense...

Pavelski not working at center isn't the point. That is something that can be changed later. The point is that the team has shown that Hertl-Couture-Meier works very well right now. Based on last game, Sorensen-Thornton-Goodrow worked very well together. Let them keep playing together until it stops working and put the rest of the pieces together until changes need to be made, which it will because it's a long season. The point isn't to get Goodrow and Sorensen going. If you actually read my post, you would understand that the point was to get Thornton going and they look to be doing that. And while Goodrow isn't a speedster, he absolutely is unquestionably noticeably quicker and faster than Pavelski. Pavelski is just smarter and anticipates better but from a quickness and speed perspective, he is not close to Goodrow right now.

Your response looks as if you quickly glossed over it and didn't actually read it.

Reactions: WSS11 and Phu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

28-39-48
9-8-27
20-19-62
23-40-60

Depends. I'm not expecting Sorensen-Thornton-Goodrow to be a long term line but it looked like Thornton's game speed picked up playing with them and I'd like to keep that going. I don't expect Thornton to really hit his stride until about the halfway mark if he stays in the lineup now.

48-39-28
9-8-62
20-19-23
40-60-27

I think that would work pretty well. There's still room to move guys around if needed but I just don't like moving guys around on lines that work and produce. Let it ride until they cool off then move things around. I feel like Thornton working his game back up with quicker guys will help him more down the road when he's inevitably back centering Pavelski.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
ahh yes a player with 1 season under his belt is uncoachable. YUUUUUGE sample size there :sarcasm:

This has zero to do with sample size. He doesn't accept critisicm (not even from his coach) and behaves like he's a superstar. Like I said already. Spoiled brat.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Pavelski not working at center isn't the point. That is something that can be changed later. The point is that the team has shown that Hertl-Couture-Meier works very well right now. Based on last game, Sorensen-Thornton-Goodrow worked very well together. Let them keep playing together until it stops working and put the rest of the pieces together until changes need to be made, which it will because it's a long season. The point isn't to get Goodrow and Sorensen going. If you actually read my post, you would understand that the point was to get Thornton going and they look to be doing that. And while Goodrow isn't a speedster, he absolutely is unquestionably noticeably quicker and faster than Pavelski. Pavelski is just smarter and anticipates better but from a quickness and speed perspective, he is not close to Goodrow right now.

Your response looks as if you quickly glossed over it and didn't actually read it.

Where did I talk abour getting Goodrow and Sorensen going?
And why are you saying that I didn't read your post when in fact it was you who quoted me without reading my post? Hilarious. :help:

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston

zZ7zjSu.gif

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Where did I talk abour getting Goodrow and Sorensen going?
And why are you saying that I didn't read your post when in fact it was you who quoted me without reading my post? Hilarious. :help:

It's literally in the post I quoted but whatever man.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
2 goals deflecting off players.
Wait...that’s OUR guys! Those are the goals we give up, you know, those ones that are Jones’ fault.

This was a good game for our boys. Bend then snap back and win.
It’s also nice to see when Coutures line isn’t scoring that we can get it from up and down the roster.
Minnesota beat us all 3 games last year and probably felt that they would again. Wrong!
Go Sharks!!

Reactions: Phu

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They were okay but there's an obvious drop from Hertl to Labanc in a lot of areas. It's not a line that can stick it out together long term playing like that.
Yeah based on the Philadelphia game, that line looked good. I was thinking maybe we give Hertl his own line (maybe Pav and Kane or Pav and Donskoi)

hockeyfan55

Nov 24, 2009
This has zero to do with sample size. He doesn't accept critisicm (not even from his coach) and behaves like he's a superstar. Like I said already. Spoiled brat.

You wanna shut your mouth? I played with him for years and have been friends with him for over half a decade and still see him during the summer. You're literally spreading bullshit. Every year he comes back and goes to the local minor rink he played for and skates and helps kids learn for nothing. I have played and am friends with nearly a dozen guys in that made the pros including Virtanen, Point, Barzal, Lazar, Theodore, Tristan Jarry and Hicketts. Barzal might be the most down to earth kid I know. Not once growing up did he ever act like he was better than someone or put someone down due to his skill. He hasn't changed since growing up.

Look at my post History, I called him being a top 3 pick and vetted his work ethic since 2015 on here.

Reactions: NiWa

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I don't see how one can watch the games and say Goodrow isn't significantly faster than Pavelski.
Then again, said poster's opinion on the majority of players is questionable.

lol, what? I must have missed that. Pavs is probably the slowest player on the team. He may have more pep than JT cuz of age, but Im sure when JT gets going he's faster. Goody is one of the faster players. Not sure who would argue that.

Reactions: Phu and Sandisfan

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Did Barzal like run over your dog or something? I've never seen someone hate a player so much in my life

This kind of happened to me, but with a baseball player. Long story, but the nutshell is I used to be neighbors with Jose Conseco when I was about 11, and that waste of oxygen got my dog taken away from me because it hated him and kept barking at him because he was an asshole. So, based on that phrase, I guess my complaint is legit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->