GDT: Game 15 VGK @ AVS Lake Tahoe Special | Also now the ducks GDT

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Knights can't handle the Avs speed. I really don't want to face them in the playoffs.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
1, 2, and 2 goals in the games against Colorado. Are we playing Dallas again? Or Vancouver?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm so sick of watching Marchie pass pucks to the opposing team. And Reilly doesn't have the magic touch this year. The offense has been nonexistent for long enough now to shake things up. Swap Karlsson and Stephenson and Carrier and Kolesar.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm so sick of watching Marchie pass pucks to the opposing team. And Reilly doesn't have the magic touch this year. The offense has been nonexistent for long enough now to shake things up. Swap Karlsson and Stephenson and Carrier and Kolesar.

The top two lines enter the zone, get the puck deep, pass the puck back to the point & then immediately stop moving their feet. The power play is exactly the same.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Pacioretty has some goals this season but he definitely goes through hot streaks and streaks of non-existence on the ice.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah that was one of our worst performances of the year. By far. Not worried too much cause I know they can be better and they were probably distracted by the multihour intermission, but it's still frustrating to see.
The top two lines enter the zone, get the puck deep, pass the puck back to the point & then immediately stop moving their feet. The power play is exactly the same.

I was thinking about this too. The 5 on 5 has started to look exactly like the powerplay or always has. The team relies almost entirely on counter attack rushes or hoping shots from the point will send a team's defense into a scramble or they try cycling around the boards which they've really never been good at. The default is get the zone time and work it back to the point and stand around hoping the puck carrier can make a good pass with a defenseman occasionally activating from the point. The thing is, the team needs to be moving more at all times if they can't run a proper board cycle and need to rely on moving the puck through the middle of the offensive zone. Teams run a collapse on us and barely move because our skaters don't make them move. On both the powerplay and 5 on 5, once we're actually set up in the zone, the skaters seem to treat it like an excuse to wait to react while catching their breath. We need more than that. Teams have been running collapse defense on us since 2018. Hoping and praying a point shot will make the other team panic and lose focus might work on shitty teams but not good ones like Colorado and Dallas...even last playoff's Vancouver wasn't biting.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah that was one of our worst performances of the year. By far. Not worried too much cause I know they can be better and they were probably distracted by the multihour intermission, but it's still frustrating to see.

I was thinking about this too. The 5 on 5 has started to look exactly like the powerplay or always has. The team relies almost entirely on counter attack rushes or hoping shots from the point will send a team's defense into a scramble or they try cycling around the boards which they've really never been good at. The default is get the zone time and work it back to the point and stand around hoping the puck carrier can make a good pass with a defenseman occasionally activating from the point. The thing is, the team needs to be moving more at all times if they can't run a proper board cycle and need to rely on moving the puck through the middle of the offensive zone. Teams run a collapse on us and barely move because our skaters don't make them move. On both the powerplay and 5 on 5, once we're actually set up in the zone, the skaters seem to treat it like an excuse to wait to react while catching their breath. We need more than that. Teams have been running collapse defense on us since 2018. Hoping and praying a point shot will make the other team panic and lose focus might work on shitty teams but not good ones like Colorado and Dallas...even last playoff's Vancouver wasn't biting.
I can condense this for you....

DeBoer Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad