GDT: Game 15: North Stars @ Wild - 5 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
DeBoer's comment is rather interesting. It shows we've learned nothing from last spring. It shows we haven't improved. And it shows we went into this game unprepared and without a plan. Grit first is a guaranteed failure when you can't kill penalties. Teams know how to expose our weakness in record time. Other teams see it. The fans see it. How can the coaches and players be so blind? Or do they even care?

Reactions: AKL

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Did Evason just admit that his own coaching is a problem in that last sentence?
He did. He also started the fourth line tonight, who never left the D-zone for a minute and then the penalty and then 1-0 in the ass...

Reactions: BagHead

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Visiting my daughter in Minneapolis, she surprised my wife and I with tickets to tonight's game. Had no rooting interest in either team (we're from Buffalo) but a few things stood out:

* The atmosphere in the rink was great, we had a wonderful time and were very impressed with the game day experience. Lots of fun, the fans were gracious and friendly and we were both amazed at how few boos rained down on the home team after that performance.

* My wife said it best: "The Wild play like guys who just met each other for the first time 15 minutes before the game."

* Unlike the Stars, the Wild seemed to avoid the front of the net, stay on the perimeter and do very little of the physical work needed to retain puck possession.

* MAF looked like the ghost of Rogie Vachon, flailing away making tough saves but letting in some regrettable ones. Didn't have much help, with all the PPs, but many of the goals were clunkers.

* Can't tell if the Wild made them look that way but the Stars are the most impressive team I've seen to date this season. They look scary good. Disciplined, hard working and deadly efficient.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Visiting my daughter in Minneapolis, she surprised my wife and I with tickets to tonight's game. Had no rooting interest in either team (we're from Buffalo) but a few things stood out:

* The atmosphere in the rink was great, we had a wonderful time and were very impressed with the game day experience. Lots of fun, the fans were gracious and friendly and we were both amazed at how few boos rained down on the home team after that performance.

* My wife said it best: "The Wild play like guys who just met each other for the first time 15 minutes before the game."

* Unlike the Stars, the Wild seemed to avoid the front of the net, stay on the perimeter and do very little of the physical work needed to retain puck possession.

* MAF looked like the ghost of Rogie Vachon, flailing away making tough saves but letting in some regrettable ones. Didn't have much help, with all the PPs, but many of the goals were clunkers.

* Can't tell if the Wild made them look that way but the Stars are the most impressive team I've seen to date this season. They look scary good. Disciplined, hard working and deadly efficient.
I'm glad you got an enjoyable experience! It's good to hear that people were treating you two right. I'll say that I turned the game off after the 1st period last night, as it was clear that they just didn't have "it". In that period, the Wild looked sloppy. They usually play a bit better than they did last night, but they also have just not played very well this year.

The Stars looked a lot like their playoff selves from last post-season, and I would not be surprised to see them make a long run this year. They are every bit as good as the best teams in the NHL, in my opinion, especially when Oettinger is on (which he wasn't last night). The Wild made them look better than they are, but not by as much as we'd prefer on this sub-forum. At least, that's my impression from a single period of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad