GDT: Game 15 - Nashville @ Colorado - 8PM 11/7

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Guys not enough jam out there. Way too many guys trying to play fancy instead of physical. Getting destroyed in scramble situations, guys getting lost on defense, just not good enough. I see it from a few guys, but a lot of people out there don't have any bite.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why on earth was Barrie going for a change there? Lol, that was some terrible stuff from him.

Avs played scared that period looked like a village of smurfs. We got forechequed by what seemed to be the Dragon from The Hobbit trilogy.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Why on earth was Barrie going for a change there? Lol, that was some terrible stuff from him.

Avs played scared that period, we got forechequed by what seemed to be the Dragon from The Hobbit trilogy.

Same issues as before. Defense way too caught up in trying to counterattack instead of just get it out. We have to adjust. Chip up the boards, trust wingers to win battles, play simple hockey. This team is going to get it beat into them I guess.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

Avs played scared that period looked like a village of smurfs. We got forechequed by what seemed to be the Dragon from The Hobbit trilogy.
Time for our Hobbit to desolate Smaug, then.

Reactions: S E P H

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Lmao, Oshie gets smoked trying to hit Malkin and Malkin gets the 5mins. I don't think Malkin ever even changed trajectory. Just let Oshie run his head into him and pushed back. Kind of a funny play actually.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Same issues as before. Defense way too caught up in trying to counterattack instead of just get it out. We have to adjust. Chip up the boards, trust wingers to win battles, play simple hockey. This team is going to get it beat into them I guess.
Wingers aren't doing a good job with their one-on-one battles there either, but it is against the Predators who look like they're on a mission. I love Calvert's work ethic, but the dudes stone puck skills makes him lose every single battle in the defencive zone. Kerfoot and Neito are two other players who much rather toe-drag the puck compared to just chipping it out as you alluded to.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I honestly don't even mind losing to a team like the Preds. What upsets me is how easy we're making it for them. 1st goal was a defensive breakdown the likes the 16-17 Avs would have been jealous of. The 2nd goal is on Varly 100%.

Lately it just seems that we're not getting solid play from the whole team at any given time. There's always that one component to our game which gets completely and utterly exposed, some more than others. Last game, top line came to play but Grubs and the D shits the bed. Calgary game, secondary scoring came to play but D and Varly decided to go on a hiatus for the night while the top line looked like they stayed up too late playing Fortnite.

Consistency, we need it. We currently don't have it.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Missed the first, looks like Nate had a sweet chance. Guess i didnt expect too much more against the Preds.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
You expect the Predators to play tough, half-assume a loss. And that's fine. They're a killer team. It's just that after last week's back-to-back boondoggles you really don't want to see the Avs outclassed. Not to mention making up a couple of points would be nice after sacrificing some against Calgary and Vancouver.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You expect the Predators to play tough, half-assume a loss. And that's fine. They're a killer team. It's just that after last week's back-to-back boondoggles you really don't want to see the Avs outclassed. Not to mention making up a couple of points would be nice after sacrificing some against Calgary and Vancouver.

Yeah I think we all knew those games given away were going to bite us in the ass.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Gonna check out the 2nd against my better judgement, see if they can manage to make an adjustment for once. Still 40 minutes and we have the ability to come back.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Preds are just too physical and too aggressive for most of our players and they pass crisper. They're the better team.

But I wouldn't mind if we stopped dumping the puck so much in this game either.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Ian Cole with the unexpected goal. I tend to cringe when he does that, but recent history suggests I should anticipate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad