GDT: GAME #15: LEAFS vs KNIGHTS | Tues, Nov 6 @ 7PM ET | Scotiabank Arena | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Didn't get to watch a whole bunch of the Dallas game last week but from what I read, the Leafs played pretty good but just could not score? Is this correct?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
The way some describe our home game mishaps you'd think we were down 0-8 or something -- must be the new winning culture and I like it!
Losing record is bad for a good team a losing record at home even more so. Mishap is a generous word for terrible.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Was hoping Moore would slot in tomorrow, but with a 5-0 drubbing, probably roll same lineup. Hope I’m wrong.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Hope we don’t underestimate Vegas. They are a solid team even though their record doesn’t reflect it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I want to see another good effort. Carry over that strong game Saturday on home ice, and pot a few goals at least.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Was hoping Moore would slot in tomorrow, but with a 5-0 drubbing, probably roll same lineup. Hope I’m wrong.
I thought Ennis would be a sure fire healthy scratch until he played possibly his best game as Leaf on Saturday. I think we should still scratch him against a team that grinds like Vegas. Moore seems like a better choice for the match up.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Would be great to see some depth scoring from our bottom two lines. I think Johnsson needs a goal or two to kickstart his confidence. He’s due for it.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Well it's officially Tuesday, updated thread as GDT.

QeNZxmQ.png

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
I need more out of Ennis the Menace this game. Word on the street is that he could have the occasional two point game.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
hqdefault.jpg

Knights - Leafs Game Day

Lance HornbyMore from Lance Hornby

Knights – Leafs Game Day

7 P.M. Scotiabank Arena
TV: TSN RADIO: Sportsnet 590
THE BIG MATCH-UP
C William Karlsson vs. G Frederik Andersen
Wild Bill had a hat trick in the last meeting in Vegas and he’ll be looking to feed leading scorer Jonathan Marchessault as well. Andersen has held the Leafs in their recent home games, despite the past two being losses, and like counterpart Marc-Andre Fleury is coming off a weekend shutout.
KEYS TO THE GAME
1. Golden touch gone?
“We’ve played better than our record is,” said Vegas coach Gerard Gallant. “It just seems everything seems a little tougher than last year. We got all those breaks and the puck luck. This year, we’ve got to push through it and find a way to play better. We’re not getting the same breaks and it’s not going in the net the same way.”
2. Low expectations
Leaf forwards pointed to the zeal in which they forechecked the Penguins down low on Saturday as the key to getting other key aspects, such as speed and scoring, to work. Too little, too late of that in the past few SBA starts.
3. Dull Knights’ swords
An 0-for-4 power play against Carolina dropped Vegas to 12.5%, perhaps the weakest unit the Leafs have faced to date. Not that Toronto should think they can get away with some chicanery and fill the box.
4. Go Mo, go!
Defenceman Morgan Rielly is shy about talking up his impressive points’ output, even if the 18 had put him first among NHL defencemen and in the league’s top 10 with winger teammate Mitch Marner’s 18, prior to Monday’s games. Presumably the Knights will mention his rushing often in their pre-scout.
5. BULLIES RULE
Vegas leads the NHL in hits and takeaways, a valuable lesson if the Leafs get too cute on breakouts.

LEAFS GAME DAY LINES
LW C RW
Zach Hyman John Tavares Mitch Marner
Patrick Marleau Nazem Kadri Kasperi Kapanen
Andreas Johnsson Par Lindholm Connor Brown
Tyler Ennis Frederick Gauthier Josh Leivo
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Morgan Rielly Ron Hainsey
Jake Gardiner Nikita Zaitsev
Travis Dermott Igor Ozhiganov
GOALIES
Frederik Andersen
Garret Sparks
SICK BAY
C Auston Matthews (shoulder)
GOLDEN KNIGHTS GAME DAY LINES
LW C RW
Jonathan Marchessault William Karlsson Reilly Smith
Max Pacioretty Erik HauLa Alex Tuch
Tomas Nosek Cody Eakin Ryan Carpenter
William Carrier Pierre-Edouard Bellemare Ryan Reaves
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Shea Theodore Deryk Engelland
Brayden McNabb Colin Miller
Nick Holden Brad Hunt
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury
Malcolm Subban
SICK BAY
C Paul Stastny (lower body)
SPECIAL TEAMS
POWER PLAY
Toronto 30.8% (4th)
Vegas 12.5% (28th)
PENALTY KILLING
Toronto 82.5% (8th)
Vegas 82.0% (10th)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Anyone see this Sens hit job?

What a clown show.

Meh, they were talking about it on the radio this morning and what Colaiacovo said rang true to me - players talk like this all the time amongst each other and coaches often talk like that about players too. The Uber driver's a b-bag, that's all there is to it. It's yet another warning to everyone to be extra careful, you never know when someone's watching/listening/recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad