Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Emma Stone lives to GDT another day...

rs_634x1024-170108195655-634-2017-golden-globe-winners-2stone.jpg

Reactions: moosemeister

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We won with much better D, less turnovers and very good goaltending. Sound familiar? 1 GA was the key.

Reactions: kbay

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Raanta bailed the team out again. 97% save rate. Hopefully the win doesn't prevent the massive adjustments still needed for the rest of the team from being addressed.

Reactions: Yandover and CC96

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
We won with much better D, less turnovers and very good goaltending. Sound familiar? 1 GA was the key.

Yeah, hiring Tocchet was a mistake. We should have never have traded for Stepan or Hammer or Raanta, should have kept Hanzal, left Mike Smith as the starter and traded to bring Boyd Gordon and Antoine Vermette, then gave Dave Tippett another extension.

Is that what you want to hear?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Outside observation. I'm thrilled you guys won but I seriously question what system Tocchet is running. I don't think you guys touched the puck even once and when you did have it, they'd spend the whole time regrouping. That's really concerning considering it was a 3 on 3 situation

Was going to ask the same thing. When we had the puck, it looked like Goligoski skated the puck toward the blue line, and then suddenly wheeled back around, even though it looked as if though he had plenty of space to skate it in. My first reaction was that we have no plan ready for 3-on-3 in the offensive zone. Which is scary b/c this isn't our first OT game. Baby steps - we won and got good enough goaltending and defense.

Reactions: kbay

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Wow! Coyotes win the Dave Tippett way. Must have boring as hell to watch our team win for some people. Just sayin'.

Yeah man, Tippett is completely vindicated. I wish he was back today, and we were spending an extra $13 million on the roster for Smitty, Vrbata, Doan and Vermette while we're at it too.

That would bode perfect for the long term health of the franchise. The fact that Raanta stood on his head for one game, and our high octane offense only scored one goal means that Dave Tippett is the best coach, since Mike Babcock.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah man, Tippett is completely vindicated. I wish he was back today, and we were spending an extra $13 million on the roster for Smitty, Vrbata, Doan and Vermette while we're at it too.

That would bode perfect for the long term health of the franchise. The fact that Raanta stood on his head for one game, and our high octane offense only scored one goal means that Dave Tippett is the best coach, since Mike Babcock.
Just a slight wiggle of the wrist makes that worm seem so enticing.

I was just stirring the pot a little, because, as I watched the game, I saw a much better performance, with better positioning and somewhat fewer passes to the opposition's sticks. I saw very good goaltending (from both teams by the way). It reminded me of Tippett's defense first scheme.

There are going to be random games where Tocchet's pond hockey style so confuses the team that they fall back into a defensive shell.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yeah, hiring Tocchet was a mistake. We should have never have traded for Stepan or Hammer or Raanta, should have kept Hanzal, left Mike Smith as the starter and traded to bring Boyd Gordon and Antoine Vermette, then gave Dave Tippett another extension.

Is that what you want to hear?
Tocc-Correct, mistake so far.
Incorrect, Stepan/hammer/Raanta all good moves
Hanzal-nope we have Stepan
Smith-yes should have kept him
Tip-yes should have kept him

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Our D was much better. Raanta played well too but he didn't steal this game for us. Yes, Tip is a way better coach then Tocc (so far). I hope this game is the start of a turn around. Holding any team to 1 goal while our GAA is above 4 is a good sign.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Wow! Coyotes win the Dave Tippett way. Must have boring as hell to watch our team win for some people. Just sayin'.
Both teams played pretty well, good goal tending too. I like watching hockey that isn't a mistakefest every 2 minutes. We had way less mistakes which is a good sign, hope it continues.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Perlini has been not good the past two games. Some of the concerns from juniors are starting to show again, but man oh man that raw talent is still enticing. Young kid that has plenty of time to put it together. Just hope he is still learning, progressing and putting pieces together.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Thankfully it's Hockey Fights Cancer night, because I keep seeing Dave Tippett being mentioned all over this forum and it's giving me cancer. Stop this shit. He's gone, he's not coming back, so why are 4-5 posters baiting eachother into petty arguments? What are you really achieving from repeating the same stuff over and over again? f***s sake.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Thankfully it's Hockey Fights Cancer night, because I keep seeing Dave Tippett being mentioned all over this forum and it's giving me cancer. Stop this ****. He's gone, he's not coming back, so why are 4-5 posters baiting eachother into petty arguments? What are you really achieving from repeating the same stuff over and over again? ****s sake.

I don't even see the arguments, just people shouting at the void. Xenforo's best feature IMO.

Reactions: CC96

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad