Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
FhX0ZuzWAAAEK0Z

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Didn't watch last game only highlights, but it looked like Seider lost and tired. We have missing key players and others top players playing injured. Do I expect win against good team like la , I don't think so, but I expect good game and more points from Veleno - Berggren line.

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Dropped the ball. Should have made arrangements to be in LA for this.
Same here. I flew down pre covid to watch them in LA and the game went to OT (we lost) with lil Bert scoring 2 in regulation. The Wings fans turn out was insane, and met some of the biggest beauty Wings fans ever. Was epic

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
LA is gonna skate Detroit into dust.
But Detroit could hang around because LA's goalies are shit.
Are we just a very slow team or is it the Lalonde system? Might be a drawback of the 'Yzerplan' drafting huge bodies only when the league has been skill and speed for a while now. Worked with Tampa since their monsters had elite level talent like Hedman, Kucherov, and Stamkos

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Are we just a very slow team or is it the Lalonde system? Might be a drawback of the 'Yzerplan' drafting huge bodies only when the league has been skill and speed for a while now. Worked with Tampa since their monsters had elite level talent like Hedman, Kucherov, and Stamkos
The D is slow, that was the knock on Chiarot and Maatta.

Has nothing to do with the draft, Seider is the only Yzerman pick playing D and skating isn't his current issue. Edvinsson is a plus skater.

Reactions: Henkka

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Has nothing to do with the draft, Seider is the only Yzerman pick playing D and skating isn't his current issue. Edvinsson is a plus skater.

Chiarot is a better skater than I gave him credit for but he’s maybe average to slightly above.

The forwards are also not super quick.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, quite funny, we have been drafting big bodies (at defence) and Seider is the only one currently playing there of the big bodies. And he is awesome skater.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Chiarot is a better skater than I gave him credit for but he’s maybe average to slightly above.

The forwards are also not super quick.
Speed at forward is a need. Larkin, Vrana, and Veleno have some wheels. Outside of them any plus skaters are more agile guys. We could use a burner or two. Watch Edmonton and you'll see what fast hockey looks like. Obviously they're an extreme example but they make it obvious how Detroit plays slower than average.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I don't think we're slow.
But LA plays a good up and down the ice game.
They just get pucks toward the net all day long.
6th best CF.
Detroit was like 27th or something last I looked.

The equalizer is in goal, right now, anyway.
Petersen is in year 2 of suckitude and old man Quick looks older this year than last.

Speed at forward is a need. Larkin, Vrana, and Veleno have some wheels. Outside of them any plus skaters are more agile guys. We could use a burner or two. Watch Edmonton and you'll see what fast hockey looks like. Obviously they're an extreme example but they make it obvious how Detroit plays slower than average.

Kasper is coming.
Not sure there are any other plus skaters on the way.
Savage had some speed - but it wasn't elite.

On defense, you've got Edvinsson and Waillinder, plus Viro, Johansson and other guys who skate well for defensemen.

Chiarot isn't slow.
Seider isn't slow.
Hronek is average.
Maatta is slow.
Lindstrom is a step below average.
Hagg - couldn't really say.
We'll see Edvinsson and Wallinder on this defense in the next 6-18 months.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Ned in. Hopefully the good one shows up like in New York. I hope Hagg isn't gonna play.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't think we're slow.
But LA plays a good up and down the ice game.
They just get pucks toward the net all day long.
6th best CF.
Detroit was like 27th or something last I looked.

The equalizer is in goal, right now, anyway.
Petersen is in year 2 of suckitude and old man Quick looks older this year than last.

Kasper is coming.
Not sure there are any other plus skaters on the way.
Savage had some speed - but it wasn't elite.

On defense, you've got Edvinsson and Waillinder, plus Viro, Johansson and other guys who skate well for defensemen.

Chiarot isn't slow.
Seider isn't slow.
Hronek is average.
Maatta is slow.
Lindstrom is a step below average.
Hagg - couldn't really say.
We'll see Edvinsson and Wallinder on this defense in the next 6-18 months.
Wallinder is good skater , but he is not fast

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
They play fast but what have they won lately with their fast hockey?

I like more of smart hockey, sometimes making everything slow, sometimes fast, depending of the situation. Controlling the play and fooling the opposite team in multiple way of plays.

Idiots going fast fast fast does not lead to anything but exhaustion during a playoff run.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016

I like more of smart hockey, sometimes making everything slow, sometimes fast, depending of the situation. Controlling the play and fooling the opposite team in multiple way of plays.

Idiots going fast fast fast does not lead to anything but exhaustion during a playoff run.
So that's what McJesus's problem is? He is exhausted in playoffs cause he skates too fast during regular season?

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"The Kings and the Wings are on different swings
with LA on a streak and Detroit looking weak.
We can't blame it all on the dents and the dings
but some players are back and that might stop the leak." - Plausible Keats

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Wallinder is good skater , but he is not fast
I guess. Seems like he skates well for a 6'4 defenseman.

You see who won the cup last year?
Not exactly slow.
Half the team looks like they have rocket boosters in their skates.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
"The Kings and the Wings are on different swings
with LA on a streak and Detroit looking weak.
We can't blame it all on the dents and the dings
but some players are back and that might stop the leak." - Plausible Keats
"No Bert in the fold doesn't stop downfall
Western swings for the Wings spelled the troubles for long"

Plausible Someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad