GDT: Game #15: Coyotes @ Stars | 6:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The best part of this game was that our overall team D play was much better against a good team. Durzi blew coverage but outside of that, not many bad mistakes. If our team D play stays this solid, we have a decent team on our hands, low 80s point pace which is above expectations. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 30 days, see if we can keep this pace. About this time of year, systems tighten, and vet teams start to put it together more so. We have a very young roster with unproven D men, let's see if Bear can keep the D tightened up like this game in the next 10-20 games. I think by New years, we will know where we stand.
Three of our D are 29 yo, not young or unproven by any stretch, just not very good. So much of our success or failure will depend how the D play. Like you said, teams will start to tighten up their system around the game 20 mark. Less experimenting for sure.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
For your information, I look at more than regular stats.
I'll bet....

giphy.gif

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I dont even see a point in arguing about the defense when it’s about as bad as we were all expecting and half of them (possibly more) will be gone next season.
Yeah. 42.86% our our blueline is Dermott, Stecher and Brown. When Matt Dumba is playing like he’s playing, and is another 14.29% of the blueline, it’s gonna be tough.

Reactions: Jakey53

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Oh boy, are you going to get flamed. Or are you being sarcastic?
I‘m interested to get this team a winning franchise. After all this s… years.
Would like to see more officials/fans would do like this.

Hayton was/is a big mistake. You can get something for him now. There is no trade value in 2 years.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Only caught bits and pieces but that was a fun game. Disappointing Durzi lost Seguin in coverage after taking the lead, and equally disappointing Keller made the wrong play in OT. I’m not sure what he saw there, but he had no support and tried to play it back down into the zone instead of regrouping to the Dman. Amazing pass again by Maccelli, who is amazing to watch. I can’t believe how good Maccelli is sometimes with the stuff he pulls off in tight spaces.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I‘m interested to get this team a winning franchise. After all this s… years.
Would like to see more officials/fans would do like this.

Hayton was/is a big mistake. You can get something for him now. There is no trade value in 2 years.
I don't see how we can trade him now with McBain out long term. Also, I don't see much trade value in Hayton at the moment. He fills a role here because of our crap talent on C.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
One of the best games I’ve seen us play this year. Good point against a good Dallas stars. Move onto Thursday
Very hard work , though I don’t think we looked great, not great defensively , and not much time in the so zone as we have scene in other games. I think we were lucky to get a point but that is just my opinion. I though the Dallas out chanced us by a lot, even though the shots were closer

any word on Valamaki? That looked horrible

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Very hard work , though I don’t think we looked great, not great defensively , and not much time in the so zone as we have scene in other games. I think we were lucky to get a point but that is just my opinion. I though the Dallas out chanced us by a lot, even though the shots were closer

any word on Valamaki? That looked horrible
Yikes just reading this back

Man I suck at hitting post reply before checking what auto spell correct put in there for me

Thanks, I hope it wasn’t his eye that was a lot of Blood , and after seeing Durzi’s face afterwards I assume it was very bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad