Post-Game Talk: GAME 15 - Best start to a season since 1930 - BRUINS 3 - Sabres 1

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

Classy dude

Haven't read the entire thread, so maybe has been answered, but does anyone have any indication of what Bergeron was saying to him? Is there a back-story?

Only saw the highlights so far, but this Thompson kid is really something. That goal of his was Mario-esque.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Haven't read the entire thread, so maybe has been answered, but does anyone have any indication of what Bergeron was saying to him? Is there a back-story?

Only saw the highlights so far, but this Thompson kid is really something. That goal of his was Mario-esque.
Uhh not sure, I assumed it was just praise for his game at first cus kids a beast. Then maybe thought it was Bergeron trying to lift him up as they’ve lost a few game in a row and lost last nights game after really outplaying the Bruins 2/3 periods, so maybe telling him to keep his chin up idk. Bergeron also played with his father in Providence in 04/05 so maybe that’s related to it.

Also saw on main board someone say Thompson’s wife is recovering from cancer and it was HFC night so maybe that was it, but idk if Bergeron would touch on that during the game.

So basically no idea lol, based on body language it looks like Bergeron’s speaking kindly to him, which would make sense cus it’s Bergy, but for what exactly who knows.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bruins Penalty Kill appreciation post:

The Bruins lead the NHL with a 94.4% kill rate. Only one other team has killed better than 85% of their penalties, the Sharks.

There is a bigger gap in success rate between the 1st ranked Bruins and the 3rd ranked Jets than there is between the Jets and the 23rd ranked Penguins.

And the Bruins have put up that kill rate while spending the 3rd most time on the PK per game in the league.

This part needs to improve. Spending too much time in the box has been an issue for the Bruins for a good 2-3 years now. They need to clean up their stick work in particular. It's great that they're so good on the kill, but you still don't want to be giving other teams too many opportunities to punish you, especially in playoffs.

I dont want to jinx it but there is one amazing stat for one of the guys 7 games in.

New hips, new behaviour? Surely it can't last :D

Reactions: BMC and Gee Wally

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
This part needs to improve. Spending too much time in the box has been an issue for the Bruins for a good 2-3 years now. They need to clean up their stick work in particular. It's great that they're so good on the kill, but you still don't want to be giving other teams too many opportunities to punish you, especially in playoffs.

New hips, new behaviour? Surely it can't last :D
Maybe Marchand has finally gotten 'hip' to the fact he's more important to the BRUINS on the ice than in the penalty box.

Last edited:

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Btw, as most of you already know, Tim Thomas didn't make his impact with the BRUINS until he was 32 years old. Kinkaid is 33.
SSS, but Keith sure looked Thomas-like last night.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I almost said it last night, but didn’t. Now that I had a friend text me the same thing without any prompting, I’ll just say it:

I like the Sabres reverse retro jerseys.

Btw, as most of you already know, Tim Thomas didn't make his impact with the BRUINS until he was 32 years old. Kinkaid is 33.
SSS, but Keith sure looked Thomas-like last night.

He did have a few Timmy moments. Quite entertaining given the number match.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Uhh not sure, I assumed it was just praise for his game at first cus kids a beast. Then maybe thought it was Bergeron trying to lift him up as they’ve lost a few game in a row and lost last nights game after really outplaying the Bruins 2/3 periods, so maybe telling him to keep his chin up idk. Bergeron also played with his father in Providence in 04/05 so maybe that’s related to it.

Also saw on main board someone say Thompson’s wife is recovering from cancer and it was HFC night so maybe that was it, but idk if Bergeron would touch on that during the game.

So basically no idea lol, based on body language it looks like Bergeron’s speaking kindly to him, which would make sense cus it’s Bergy, but for what exactly who knows.
If the NHL took a poll of all the players regarding the classiest guy in hockey, I'm pretty sure Bergy would be at the top.

Reactions: The National

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
After watching many highlights, I have come to the conclusion that was a lucky win that will even out soon. If Peturka does not hit the post, they win. And if they do not hit the crossbar at 2-1, it is a toss-up. Kinkaid also stole it with some spectacular saves.

Coyle and DeBrusk also hit posts ya know.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad