BRUINS GDT Game 15 2/18 7:07 PM - Dancing with the DEVILS - NESN, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Gee tell me how you really feel about them :laugh:

I enjoy the 30 for 30 series but other than that I seldom tune in

“Four Days in October;” “From Elway to Marino;” and “The Two Bills” were all fantastic. I think “The Two Bills” 30 for 30 back in 2018 was the last thing I watched on ESPN that wasn’t live NFL football.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
ESPN getting back into NHL hockey? Wow.
Oh goody.
ESPN is hardly a sports network anymore, their ratings reflect that. It might come to them one day that people just want to watch sports just to watch sports.

Should be interesting to see Bruce going with the shuffled lines (if that's is still the case). Rare to see a player as in the case of Debrusk being promoted to the first line with his output so far.
There's a name a player is called that makes 3.7 a year with 2 points all season....its Providence Bruin.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oh goody.
ESPN is hardly a sports network anymore, their ratings reflect that. It might come to them one day that people just want to watch sports just to watch sports.

Should be interesting to see Bruce going with the shuffled lines (if that's is still the case). Rare to see a player as in the case of Debrusk being promoted to the first line with his output so far.
There's a name a player is called that makes 3.7 a year with 2 points all season....its Providence Bruin.

To be fair Debrusk was a better camera angle away from a goal and was the best player on the ice in the 7 shot game in his return.. prior to the injury he was already with Bergeron and Marchand. I don't think it is undeserved or a promotion, if Pastrnak scores with Krejci and easier match ups then it makes the team better.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
With NBCSN going away at the end of the year, ESPN+ streaming games this year, and a tough past few years overall for ESPN, you have to think they are going to try and get the TV deal back. I've boycotted ESPN for years because the simply don't cover hockey.
very doubtful, you'll ever see ESPN OR ESPN 2 return or even bid on the NHL, even with the announcement of the dissolution of NBCSN AT THE END of 2021, for USA.

ESPN+ will also have to fight off Peacock (the NBC U Streaming service) TO likely retain the streaming choice option,.

remember, Disney bought ABC.... that's why ABC Sports went away in 2006.

Reactions: rfournier103

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
To be fair Debrusk was a better camera angle away from a goal and was the best player on the ice in the 7 shot game in his return.. prior to the injury he was already with Bergeron and Marchand. I don't think it is undeserved or a promotion, if Pastrnak scores with Krejci and easier match ups then it makes the team better.
We'll see .
I would love to see Smith bumped up to the 1st line to shake things up.
Instead hes wallowing with a Charlie Coyle who has not found his game.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I was gonna post a long and well articulated rant about how it's stupid that as a resident of upstate NY (an hour outside Albany) I get blacked out from NYI, NYR (understandable) games, BUF games (ugh, but at least its in the same state), AND NJD games. but I'm too tired. I understand the network rights and all that, but it's still stupid that I'm expected to buy 4 teams worth of local sports packages. Add in the nbc/nbcsn, blackouts, and the fact that there are only division games this year, and I really wish I had seen the emails that nhl.tv sent (fairly) reminding me to opt out this year. N'n'n'n'nooooobody's fault but mine.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I was gonna post a long and well articulated rant about how it's stupid that as a resident of upstate NY (an hour outside Albany) I get blacked out from NYI, NYR (understandable) games, BUF games (ugh, but at least its in the same state), AND NJD games. but I'm too tired. I understand the network rights and all that, but it's still stupid that I'm expected to buy 4 teams worth of local sports packages. Add in the nbc/nbcsn, blackouts, and the fact that there are only division games this year, and I really wish I had seen the emails that nhl.tv sent (fairly) reminding me to opt out this year. N'n'n'n'nooooobody's fault but mine.

I got blacked out of Bruins games when I lived in Seattle. Figure that one out.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I got blacked out of Bruins games when I lived in Seattle. Figure that one out.

Maybe someone can explain to me why any games are still being blacked out? I'm older and was always told it used to be to force local people to go to the game instead of watching it on TV.
From the USA FCC website:
"In most cases, the blackout results when a sports league prohibits an event from being televised locally if the event did not sell out all its tickets."

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Oh goody.

They took the same road as MTV. Does MTV even play videos anymore ?
I dropped those stations long ago. I liked the original, not so much of what they became.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad