BRUINS GDT Game 15 2/18 7:07 PM - Dancing with the DEVILS - NESN, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
1/2 is generous. 1/4 is more like it. Same old Bruins even with Chara gone. If it’s just a bad game, Gotta question leadership and coaching for not being ready to play. But I think it’s the reality of what this team is. Bad at breakouts.

Agree, limited talent being dragged across the finish line by the same three forwards. We should keep moving 3 players up and down from Providence until they find out who can play.

Waivers be damned. Zach Senyshyn can NOT be worse than the bottom six we are icing now.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The Devils looked very fresh and they made us pay for our mistakes. We didn't deserve to win today, our effort was mediocre from the start.

What has once more become obvious is that we definitely need to improve our bottom lines. Also, for those of you who use every opportunity to criticize Krejci: You become aware of his impact on the team when he's absent. If he's out, the Bruins almost entirely lose their playmaking, especially on powerplay. We should bear in mind that we don't have anyone to replace him with.

Any team loses 2nd line centre it hurts.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hit his shoulder

Ya it did. The puck was shot, deflected into the air and landed right to Pasta. Blackwood is first trying to look through bodies for the shot that was to his left, then once he realizes its in the air he needs to track it and then he slides over to cover the Pasta shot and it gets his shoulder.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Any team loses 2nd line centre it hurts.

Very true. However any team built on one line and nine other players trying to grind out a 1-0 win is going to struggle even more so.

That was ugly all around, on everyone. Ritchie sadly is starting to fade into the shadows, and I say that as a fan of his potential. Tonight was a perfect game for him to run someone hard, but alas.

In the Canadian division, Ottawa, Edmonton, and Vancouver try to give up 5+ goals.

In our division, NJ and NYR limit the Bruins to few scoring chances and largely act as the hammer to the Bruins nail.

The very rare positive I found was late in the game the momentum was generated by McAvoy and Lauzon carrying the puck and forcing the play into their zone.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Their are now 5 teams fairly close within the East division standings. The Bruins better get their act together as they are not as elite as a lot of people think.

They have a lot of problems with the breakout, do not have enough scoring and the defence lacks a top experienced defenseman. With the group they have now they need to give an all out effort consistently as they do not have the firepower to have to come back on most nights.

I do not think they will be a cup contender without a few major additions.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
This team is pathetic five on five.

I hate watching John Moore.

I hope Krejci is okay.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Long layoff had an effect clearly.

Jake looked good tonight.
NJ went sixteen days without a practice or game before playing NY on Tuesday

ive found Cassidy has a hard time getting his team to show up early in games where they have the supposed advantage

Reactions: Gordoff

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Their are now 5 teams fairly close within the East division standings. The Bruins better get their act together as they are not as elite as a lot of people think.

They have a lot of problems with the breakout, do not have enough scoring and the defence lacks a top experienced defenseman. With the group they have now they need to give an all out effort consistently as they do not have the firepower to have to come back on most nights.

I do not think they will be a cup contender without a few major additions.
Yes but the only team in the division that scares me is Washington and they have weaknesses also . I imagine there will be about 5 teams close together pretty well until the end . I’m okay with that . I’m not overly concerned with who the Bruins meet in round 1 even if it is the Caps as they would inevitably meet them in round 2 anyway . It’s a long year , let’s just forget this one .

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Next game callup Studnicka (if Krejci can't go)

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Bjork Kuraly Debrusk (fire line tonight)
Ritchie Coyle Studnicka
Frederic Wagner Smith

Lauzon McAvoy
Clifton Carlo
Kampfer Miller

sit Moore

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
John Moore Curse update:

Over the last two seasons the Bruins are 43-7-8 without him in the lineup. That's an 82 game pace of 133 points, good for #1 all-time.

With him in the lineup they are 11-10-6. That's an 82 game pace of 85 points.

Well, any time you're playing your depth players, it's likely because your better players are unavailable. So, by definition, you're a "worse" team than. So there's that. But, sure, it's a curse caused by one player. That could be the ONLY factor!

That said,
1) I don't think he played any worse than Lauzon or many other players not called Bjork or McAvoy, and
2) the times during this game when any particular 5-man unit on the ice for the B's resembled players who had played together before, were few and far between.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Well, any time you're playing your depth players, it's likely because your better players are unavailable. So, by definition, you're a "worse" team than. So there's that. But, sure, it's a curse caused by one player. That could be the ONLY factor!

That said,
1) I don't think he played any worse than Lauzon or many other players not called Bjork or McAvoy, and
2) the times during this game when any particular 5-man unit on the ice for the B's resembled players who had played together before, were few and far between.

The reason it's a curse is because it defies rhyme or reason. John Moore isn't the reason for a 48 point drop in standings point pace, but John Moore is the only common factor in it.

Reactions: trenton1

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The reason it's a curse is because it defies rhyme or reason. John Moore isn't the reason for a 48 point drop in standings point pace, but John Moore is the only common factor in it.
Moore does okay most of the time but then he will make a glaring mistake and it winds up in the back of the net . To be fair not sure he’s really gotten the opportunity to play for a lengthy stretch to give him a chance to iron out the kinks in his game . Collectively, the Bruins backend sucked tonight.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Yes but the only team in the division that scares me is Washington and they have weaknesses also . I imagine there will be about 5 teams close together pretty well until the end . I’m okay with that . I’m not overly concerned with who the Bruins meet in round 1 even if it is the Caps as they would inevitably meet them in round 2 anyway . It’s a long year , let’s just forget this one .
Yes 5 teams will probably be close until the end, but it means one will be on the outside looking in. No one knows who the odd man out will be. I still think the Bruins need real help to be a true cup contender.

On to the next game and hope for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad