GDT: Game 15 | 11/2/2019 | Detroit Red Wings @ Florida Panthers | 7 PM ET FS-D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's sad to say but the Wings defense misses Kronwall.

It was time for him to hang him up but he played 79 games last season at almost 20 minutes a night. And he can actually make an outlet pass. Even more surprising he actually crushed a few guys.

Yeah we had a lot of GDTs last year where people argued he was terrible and there were also people defending him. But Osgood used to get ripped for talking about him, but one of the things he always pointed out was his outlet pass, because he was the only guy consistently doing it without harming us massively. Sure his body gave out and frankly I am glad for him that he retired and immediately transitioned to the front office. But yeah, it is pretty clear he was still shouldering a big load and really helping keep our guys from falling apart on the bench I believe now. We get in ruts and these games get away a guy like Kronwall does actually stop that from happening from time to time.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It is hard for me to blame the coaching considering I don't recall the team being this bad under his watch before, but at some point you have to look at him and hold him accountable.

This is horrendous.

Reactions: avssuc

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Daley’s peak play just seemed like a poor man’s Jean-Michael Liles. Not sure how he’s carved out a 1000+ game career. Jason Woolley was a more noticeable Wing.
Because he used to be able to skate well and was a reliable defenseman who played over 20 mins a night every year for 10 years.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah we had a lot of GDTs last year where people argued he was terrible and there were also people defending him. But Osgood used to get ripped for talking about him, but one of the things he always pointed out was his outlet pass, because he was the only guy consistently doing it without harming us massively. Sure his body gave out and frankly I am glad for him that he retired and immediately transitioned to the front office. But yeah, it is pretty clear he was still shouldering a big load and really helping keep our guys from falling apart on the bench I believe now. We get in ruts and these games get away a guy like Kronwall does actually stop that from happening from time to time.

I'm happy he retired after last season because I think it was a good bounceback year for him. He went out on a relative high point. And the odds were he wasn't gonna have another season like that.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I really, really fear people using that acronym for a group of white guys playing hockey. It's just asking for trouble, and yes, people will get pissed off for no reason other than to get pissed off.
I'm not using in any offensive context, and it's their initials.

Better to have two solid lines (1st and 4th) than zero.
Agree, better to get one or 2 goals, than none. Too bad Bash waited until the third period.

The problem wit the second and third lines are Flip and Nielsen, Blash can do all the line juggling he wants and nothing is going to fix the issue.

Reactions: RedMenace

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I am as big an Athanasiou fan as anybody on this forum and even I am like jesuschristingf***whatthef***

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I feel bad for them too this teams defense is so bad

They give up prime chance after prime chance right now. We are the worst team in the NHL right now and actually by quite a bit in my opinion. I know there are teams technically below us with games in hand, but this is a 10 game stretch where we are the worst team in the entire league.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Dude I forgot how many years we have him for, and I looked it up... 2 more years of him after this one. Idk if I can watch him play for that much longer
f***in nuts. Holland's contracts are atrocious. Still reaping what he has sown. Yzerman has to pick up the pieces and right his wrongs. Veleno can't hurry up fast enough.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Florida had 20 giveaways to our 10 this game. 20!!! And we still got shutout. WTF is going on with this team?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I'm not using in any offensive context, and it's their initials.

All things being equal, I agree completely. The sad fact of life is that it's a MAJOR societal, hot-button issue, and it will continue to be until things change. And frankly, nobody would call them the "BLM Line" unless it wasn't already a known quantity. Normally BLM would have no association to anything tangible, but it does now. That's the reality of the situation.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, I'm just making a suggestion. You're free to do whatever you want, I will just not be calling them that. I'll probably use something stupid like the "BLaMo Line."

The problem wit the second and third lines are Flip and Nielsen, Blash can do all the line juggling he wants and nothing is going to fix the issue.

Which is why I maintain there needs to be a trade for a genuine second-line center. Nothing is going to improve with the middle-six until that glaring hole is addressed. Both Flip and Weird Flip are third-line centers at this point, and one of them is significantly cheaper with less term. I know who I'd get rid of, even if it takes salary retention, a prospect, and a pick.

The alternative is throwing Rasmussen or JV into that slot, and at this point, I wouldn't even consider it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad