Status
Not open for further replies.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Stamkos was -5 tonight.
stammy-haggard-jpeg.768474

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
TB looks a lot like the Blues did last season. Maybe a little too full of themselves after a lot of success and unwilling to do the little things that got them there.

Glad to see the Blues return to form.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This has been the Kyrou we’ve seen all year, just with shooting “luck” tonight
I disagree. Kyrou finshed his 2 goals off executing with better skill tonight than usual. He controlled the puck perfectly with confidence, rather than his having it slide some and then having to re-adjust just before letting go of his shot that happens so often with him. Maybe he's been working more on his finishing moves to the point where keeping control is more instinctive, and he's not thinking about what he has to do.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I’m late to the party because of family get-togethers we’ll be having over the next 2 weeks. It’s our birthday season including my own 77th.

Fun game to watch. The Blues really looked energetic - flying all over the ice and hitting decently, too. They had several great steals and outlet passes, and played hard in all zones. They actually looked like a good team. This was their best game of the season so far. It gives me hope that they might well make the playoffs.

Binnington had a great game. He was very active and alert, and great positionally.

Kyrou looked like a breakout player. He was great on forecheck making steals, good passes, and he really finished well on his 2 goal-scorer’s goals. He was also good on defence. I hope he’s turned the corner, and this will be his break-out season.

Krug played a good game. He made several super feeds with a few leading to goals. He skated well like he’s healthy again.

Perunovich looked poised making good defensive plays, and some good feeds leading to chances. He looked solid. This gives me some hope that he’ll be able to hold his own in his own end, better and better with more NHGL experience.

Parayko was skating great, looking young again, like he found the fountain of youth, and is fully healthy again.

Vrana was energetic - skating hard in all 3 zones. He had several good chances and made a few good passes, and was adequate on defence.

Saad and Hayes had super chances that just missed. It could have been a 7-0 win, but with Binner so hot, it wouldn’t matter.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
TB looks a lot like the Blues did last season. Maybe a little too full of themselves after a lot of success and unwilling to do the little things that got them there.

Glad to see the Blues return to form.
They did look a little sluggish. Maybe they got caught by surprise because The Blues came out with a lot of energy - and they didn't expect that. And because The Blues never let up, The Bolts never got going enough to change the momentum. And Binnington playing so well didn't help them in that effort.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I’m late to the party because of family get-togethers we’ll be having over the next 2 weeks. It’s our birthday season including my own 77th.

Fun game to watch. The Blues really looked energetic - flying all over the ice and hitting decently, too. They had several great steals and outlet passes, and played hard in all zones. They actually looked like a good team. This was their best game of the season so far. It gives me hope that they might well make the playoffs.

Binnington had a great game. He was very active and alert, and great positionally.

Kyrou looked like a breakout player. He was great on forecheck making steals, good passes, and he really finished well on his 2 goal-scorer’s goals. He was also good on defence. I hope he’s turned the corner, and this will be his break-out season.

Krug played a good game. He made several super feeds with a few leading to goals. He skated well like he’s healthy again.

Perunovich looked poised making good defensive plays, and some good feeds leading to chances. He looked solid. This gives me some hope that he’ll be able to hold his own in his own end, better and better with more NHGL experience.

Parayko was skating great, looking young again, like he found the fountain of youth, and is fully healthy again.

Vrana was energetic - skating hard in all 3 zones. He had several good chances and made a few good passes, and was adequate on defence.

Saad and Hayes had super chances that just missed. It could have been a 7-0 win, but with Binner so hot, it wouldn’t matter.
Congrats on your 77th Robb!
This team is definitely an enjoyable watch!

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
They did look a little sluggish. Maybe they got caught by surprise because The Blues came out with a lot of energy - and they didn't expect that. And because The Blues never let up, The Bolts never got going enough to change the momentum. And Binnington playing so well didn't help them in that effort.
I think bolts are well into decline phase. Vasi covered a lot of cracks in team, and with him gone they look old and slow and shallow. They (like us) got squeezed hard by flat cap and their window closed sooner than they realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad