PGT: Game 14: Sweden 5 - United States 4 (OT)

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Didn't see the game, but notice that people said that Sweden was much better, but the shots were almost identical?

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I'm so pissed that I fell asleep after the 1st period. The game started at 4.30 AM over here in Sweden though. I guess I'll have to go to bed a few hours earlier and set the alarm in the future

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was able to see the second half of this game. Good WJC entertainment. Go push back by USA and recovery by Sweden. Wouldn't mind seeing them play again.

Reactions: wasup

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hughes with a bad turnover. Overall though, the USA just don't have that "it" factor. Offensively, I don't see a game-breaker. Poehling doesn't have the skill, Wahlstrom is a shooter, J.Hughes could be that guy, but he's not playing and he's young. Defensively, they are subpar after Quinn. None of them skate well enough or are skilled enough to help out offensively.

Sweden looks much quicker and their defence is helping the offence much more than the USA which is the difference IMO.

:o

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
They lost the GMG very late in the third last year, too. Not enough evidence to support the "typical" description, but they have been slipping as of recent.

I remember a certain referee that made the ice even more slippery..

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
What do you mean? Is that another "Canada never wins fairly" comment?
As is the Sweden is slipping comment. Them young kids play the game with a more labile emotional state than men. Slipping and throwing medals into the stands are more likely to occur :p

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
What do you mean? Is that another "Canada never wins fairly" comment?
Thats exactly what it is.

Never does them any good but some just can't help themselves.

Got in a big brew haha with a load of them last year when i said its not a winning mentality and it hurts them and is the reason they fail so much at this tournament despite all the hoopla around round robin winning streaks. It's the kind of thing that cost them the gold again last year and almost cost them last night.

but some just can't accept the fact and prefer to engage in this at all costs.

I don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2