PGT: Game 14: Sweden 5 - United States 4 (OT)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I expect the final standings to be :

Canada
Russia
Czechs
Switzerland
Denmark

Sweden
Finland
U.S.
Slovakia
Kaz

with the Quarters being :

Canada - Slovakia
Russia - U.S.
Czechs - Finland
Sweden - Switzerland

No easy games.

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
I don't know if you haven't noticed, but on this globe, we have something called time zones and not everyone interested in hockey live in western Canada. What made you conclude my post was a universal statement?
i just think it was an overreaction

considering you are still awake posting in other threads at 11:30pm PST

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
How is it possible to just melt down like Sweden did? Not that it matters now, 2p was what was needed, but not good to not be able to close a 4-0 game. Ah well that's junior hockey I guess. Now steamroll the Kazaks and get ready for the final rounds guys.

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Last time Sweden lost in round robin was to the US in 2007, eh? Wow, I remember watching that tournament... early mornings with Gord and Pierre from Leksand, Sweden.

The funny part is that they lost to Canada in the round robin as well. From that to now. Very impressive.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Was at the game. By far the best hockey of all the Victoria games so far.

Teams were pretty close but a few of the USA D just aren't fast enough to react to quick fowards (20 and 24 were the ones I noticed the most) Hughes looked good but you could tell he was trying to generate offense too much, was compensating for others not going to where they needed to be so he went there himself and got out of position. I was impressed by Madden as well. Good positioning and read the play well. Didn't do much as an offensive threat but you could tell he read the plays on both sides of the puck well and has good hockey IQ.

I saw a few people leave with a minute to go in the 3rd...idiots... It's frickin Victoria people, it's not like there will be 1/2 hour long line ups to get out of the parking lot. Loved the fact they missed the rest of the game.

Sweden looks REALLY good. They are big, skate well and both attack and defend as a unit. Looks like a possible Canada/Sweden gold medal game again unless another team really steps up.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
That was probably the best performance by a Swedish team against the USA i've seen in this tournament (aside from the late meltdown).

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
A couple thoughts:

I have a feeling this tournament is going to end up being a great learning experience for Quinn Hughes, especially on the defensive end.

Keyser let in a couple ones he should not have but he made some really impressive stops and probably didn't deserve 5 GA. He's not the total package but I'm glad team USA scooped him up.

Also, I don't want to see Noah Cates in the top 9 anymore.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Swedish goalie (!) gets the mvp? He has been good in the tournament and great in hockey-allsvenskan(swe-2), but didn't really have to do a save the first 55min or so. :help::laugh:

Keyser (sp?) was awesome though, singlehandedly kept the score down and enabled the comeback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad