PGT: Game 14: Sweden 5 - United States 4 (OT)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Didn't see the game, but notice that people said that Sweden was much better, but the shots were almost identical?

First 5 minutes were even.

The next 45 was all Sweden - the U.S. seldom touched the puck, other than to give it away. The U.S. was awful and all of their shots were from a mile away.

The last 10 minutes were insane. It looked like the U.S. was playing against a pee wee team. Sweden was on their heals, praying the game would end.

OT was pretty even.

Last edited:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Too bad it was on so late for usin the east but I guess they had to put canada in prime time

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Thats exactly what it is.

Never does them any good but some just can't help themselves.

Got in a big brew haha with a load of them last year when i said its not a winning mentality and it hurts them and is the reason they fail so much at this tournament despite all the hoopla around round robin winning streaks. It's the kind of thing that cost them the gold again last year and almost cost them last night.

but some just can't accept the fact and prefer to engage in this at all costs.

I don't get it.
Are you projecting the comments/attitudes of some of Sweden's fans onto the team itself?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Are you projecting the comments/attitudes of some of Sweden's fans onto the team itself?
Sure, it's part of the hockey culture there, as witnessed by the throwing the gold medal in the stands and dahlins whining after the game.

It's just something that's learned.

it exists...........................and you need to root it out to achieve more.
I know you are going to argue this and call this nonsense and blah,blah,blah................go ahead.

Won't change my mind, have at er. I am all Canada-Russia in my head right now anyway.

by the way, congrats on your win yesterday, looks like you may be the team to beat here this year.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Sure, it's part of the hockey culture there, as witnessed by the throwing the gold medal in the stands and dahlins whining after the game.

It's just something that's learned.

it exists...........................and you need to root it out to achieve more.
I know you are going to argue this and call this nonsense and blah,blah,blah................go ahead.

Won't change my mind, have at er. I am all Canada-Russia in my head right now anyway.

by the way, congrats on your win yesterday, looks like you may be the team to beat here this year.
on paper Sweden is weak this year. But so far so good I guess...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad