GDT: Game 14 Sharks in Sin City 7pm

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
Well, the formula for wins is pretty simple this year. Need our goalie to pull off a 0.950 sv % night or better and the offense needs to explode for 2 goals or more. Wonder if there are any drills they can run to practice that.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Success is fleeting but scars last forever.
1699681244625.png

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Honestly, I’m not super disappointed with the result. Wasn’t expecting much and when Duclair was out with Kunin on 2nd line and Lindblom was in it was always going to be worse than it should have been.

Addison had a very rough game, and it felt like the team was rushing and sending blind passes all game, compared to both the Flyers and Oilers games where they appeared more composed with the puck. Granted - those teams are awful.

Kappo played well after a rough start, but the Sharks really quit in front of him again.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
On the Sharks postgame show, Jason Demers called Pietrangelo a former Norris trophy winner... wtf?

He was 4th in voting a few years back, with one 1st place vote... which isn't even really the finalist conversation

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
1699682838437.png

I'm not even exaggerating. After every game, I go hit Sim Lottery once and have seen us #1 just once so far.

I'm honestly amazed that Quinn scratched Vlasic for a couple games, but somehow Hoffman is out there game after game after game. Not just that, but gets regular PP time too.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
View attachment 766570

I'm not even exaggerating. After every game, I go hit Sim Lottery once and have seen us #1 just once so far.

I'm honestly amazed that Quinn scratched Vlasic for a couple games, but somehow Hoffman is out there game after game after game. Not just that, but gets regular PP time too.

So once out of 14 tries. That's a pretty small sample.

Try running it 1000 times with the same standings. I'll bet we wind up winning about 23.5% of the time.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
View attachment 766570

I feel like I've seen Pitt jump us more than I've seen us win when I play with it which is...disheartening

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
I would keep Quinn around just long enough to sign Eichel when he becomes a free agent. That was a guy to actually make a move for when he was available. It would've probably done just enough to keep Vegas from winning even if it meant more mediocrity for us. lol
you say that like he wouldn't have been paralyzed by the neck surgery if we signed him

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Missed the game but had a laugh at the lines.

Tired: Calling up your young player who has by definition "forced" his way up (Gushchin), putting him on the 2nd line, and not changing any of the others.

Wired: Calling up about as close as you can get to a trashcan on skates, putting him on a line he has no business being on, and switching everything else around except Line 1.

Can't tell if intentional or bad coaching/bad GM'ing. I thought it was a joke at first but I do think other than Eklund and Bordeleau (only cause he's American) they do plan to eventually purge everyone else. There's probably a higher probability of Gushchin being included in a reclamation project or Fabbro trade than there is him being an NHL regular under DQ/MG.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Missed the game but had a laugh at the lines.

Tired: Calling up your young player who has by definition "forced" his way up (Gushchin), putting him on the 2nd line, and not changing any of the others.

Wired: Calling up about as close as you can get to a trashcan on skates, putting him on a line he has no business being on, and switching everything else around except Line 1.

Can't tell if intentional or bad coaching/bad GM'ing. I thought it was a joke at first but I do think other than Eklund and Bordeleau (only cause he's American) they do plan to eventually purge everyone else. There's probably a higher probability of Gushchin being included in a reclamation project or Fabbro trade than there is him being an NHL regular under DQ/MG.
Look, in Quinn's defence - Lindblom was only in the lineup because Duclair was sick. Lindblom was called up days ago and only just got a game. The issue was deciding that Kunin needed to be given another go at playing top 6 when he has shown time after time that he is not that kind of player.

So instead of having a Zadina-Granlund-Labanc line with some offensive ability, they ensured the second line couldn't produce by putting Kunin there, and on top of that it meant the third line of Lindblom-Sturm-Labanc also had zero chance of any offence.

Quinn has this weird idea of spreading what little offensive talent he has - which is why it took over 10 games before he thought of using Hertl and Eklund together.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Random thought to distract from the horror show (my 2 teams are losing by a combined score of 9-0 right now):

Searching for an alternative snaking cereal for when I don't feel like cinnamon toast crunch or corn pops I bought a box of fruity pebbles.

I have no idea how I used to eat them. Halfway through the bowl my teeth hurt and the amalgamated nondescript "fruit" flavor made me nauseous.

I bought a box of Fruit Loops too just to see if it was me no longer being able to eat fruity cereals and it's not. The fruit loops are fine. So I don't know what the deal is with Fruity Pebbles but my god they wear out their welcome after like 3 and a half spoonfuls.
One of my least favorite things about getting older is revisiting childhood favorite treats and realizing they taste like chemical garbage

I can never look at little debbie strawberry shortcake swiss rolls again without a single, lonely tear rolling down my cheek
Still beats 3 hours of watching “Diners, Drive ins, and Dives”
NOTHING beats 3 hours of DD&D, Guy is a legend, imagine being famous for looking stupid and kind of knowing what food is
Well, the formula for wins is pretty simple this year. Need our goalie to pull off a 0.950 sv % night or better and the offense needs to explode for 2 goals or more. Wonder if there are any drills they can run to practice that.
Just work harder, yo, clearly that's the difference

Also, lol, this was the most obvious loss of the season, of course we got killed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad