Post-Game Talk: GAME 14 - McAvoy gets the winning goal in his return - BRUINS 3 Flames 1

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Frederic is outscoring McLovin at the AHL level currently....do we really need to lose physicality and scoring to insert a player to try and improve the already number 1 PK? I like McLovin, but his time isn't now.

You say you don't mind TF, but your ideas and posts really say the exact opposite.
IMO I believe the team would be better with McLovin versus Trent or Greer. He brings more to the table. Just an opinion. Reasons already provided. Peace out with this topic for me.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I should try on my knees.
They are great. You wear them like a band aid. Only thing about the knee is you need to put it either above of below the hinge if your pain is in the back of it.

Salonpas also make lidocane patches that really help especially at night. I'll put one on my back before bed and the pain won't be so bad in the morning

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They are great. You wear them like a band aid. Only thing about the knee is you need to put it either above of below the hinge if your pain is in the back of it.

Salonpas also make lidocane patches that really help especially at night. I'll put one on my back before bed and the pain won't be so bad in the morning
Will give it a shot .

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hope not hip replacement,have had a couple surgeries on my knees,hoping they don’t need replacement surgery,it seems to come and go ,off course my grandson always wanting me to get on the floor with him to play doesn’t help.Lol
I pretty much know I need both hips replaced. I also have arthritis in the SI joints. The pain is getting worse.

My daughter and I are going to St Martin the first week of Dec (70th birthday :amazed:) so no replacements before that. My goal is to try and get through until the end of hockey season. I need to control the pain. I have a bunch of questions for the doctor.

Anybody use CBD?

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
thought our boys were outplayed, not by a ton but outplayed, found a way to win, another 2pts, this team never stops amazing me

More than worried about the complete absence of contributions from Smitty

He seems to have fallen off a cliff. I don't know if he's got a physical issue or is just out of gas.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I pretty much know I need both hips replaced. I also have arthritis in the SI joints. The pain is getting worse.

My daughter and I are going to St Martin the first week of Dec (70th birthday :amazed:) so no replacements before that. My goal is 5to try and get through until the end of hockey season. I need to control the pain. I have a bunch of questions for the doctor.
My SI joints are my nemesis.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I got a shot (guided by a camera) into one of the joints a couple of years ago and it helped a lot. I did the same last Feb and nothing.

I may see if the doc thinks that would help and do it before I go on my vacation. I warned my daughter I won't be doing much .

They do not replace SI joints. They can fuse them, but it is a last resort.

Reactions: Alicat

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Another stellar game by Linus "Tiny Tank" Ullmark!

Get used to that. I'ma keep posting it until everyone on Earth calls him that!

Something is definitely wrong with Jack Edwards. As someone posted earlier, he's still pretty good at PBP, it's when he drifts into color, or other commentary that he.......really.......slows.......down.

I've noticed this before, but it's getting worse, and even his PBP is affected now., as far as remembering names, etc. Referee Chric Lee, for instance, instead of Chris Rooney.

Something's wrong, this isn't just age.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

My daughter and I are going to St Martin the first week of Dec (70th birthday :amazed:) so no replacements before that. My goal is to try and get through until the end of hockey season. I need to control the pain. I have a bunch of questions for the doctor.

Anybody use CBD?
Can self medicate in St.Martin perhaps.Lol Have fun and best of luck with the Hips ,it really sucks to get old,sorry older doesn’t it.I’m really trying to avoid knee replacements .

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Can self medicate in St.Martin perhaps.Lol Have fun and best of luck with the Hips ,it really sucks to get old,sorry older doesn’t it.I’m really trying to avoid knee replacements .
I am better off than some my age. My older sis had both knees replaced (8 years apart).

Not looking forward to it in some ways...but looking forward to less pain though.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I got a shot (guided by a camera) into one of the joints a couple of years ago and it helped a lot. I did the same last Feb and nothing.

I may see if the doc thinks that would help and do it before I go on my vacation. I warned my daughter I won't be doing much .

They do not replace SI joints. They can fuse them, but it is a last resort.
My trigger points weren't guided but I've has a guided one in my shoulder that worked like magic

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Anybody use CBD?
I have and I know others who have used it.
There are two types, one with and without THC.
Neither really helped me with pain but others have said that it
does help them. At the cost of the stuff I wasn't feeling much of a difference,
maybe I didn't use enough or take it enough times in a 24 hour period. I say if
can use it and not affect your employment status and can afford it, at least try it.
Leave no stone unturned~!

Kept yelling at him in the box too. Nick really, really did not like that.
Nick punched him so many times and so hard that even his ancestors felt it!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Almost certainly kinesiology tape.

Athletes today use it like they used crystal/magnetic necklaces/bracelets back in the day.

100% pure bunk, but whatever gets you through the season.
Yup. I don’t care if he has a magic bean behind his ear if it works for him. Anyway, Ali said it helped.
Also wonder if these faceoff numbers can hold all year. My goodness what a clinic. All the way up and down the lineup.
everybodys gettin low like Bergy.

Reactions: rfournier103

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Hey if Frederic is the biggest issue and being labelled as merely "replaceable", we're in really good shape.

I like Frederic a lot... And honestly wouldn't change a damn thing about the team right now.
Fredric is a keeper and I can see him getting better.
Smith on the other hand needs to be moved
You have 25 year old (Greer) replacement who can add a bit more toughness and in my opinion has more skill than smith.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Fredric is a keeper and I can see him getting better.
Smith on the other hand needs to be moved
You have 25 year old (Greer) replacement who can add a bit more toughness and in my opinion has more skill than smith.
I am always hoping for Smith to break out of his scoring slump. He does a lot of things right. Never takes a shift off, fights hard for pucks, is always willing to shoot, and stays out of the penalty box. Same for Nosek. Imagine if those two could turn things around? Our bottom six would be out of control.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad