Post-Game Talk: GAME 14 - McAvoy gets the winning goal in his return - BRUINS 3 Flames 1

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Is coach Monty Dr. Evil?!

He resembles Daddy Warbucks. A big-boned Professor X also comes to mind.

Or perhaps The Kingpin after going on Nutrisystem.

He looks like the Dad from the Bubble Boy episode of Seinfeld so I've been referring to him as "Moops'.

70f9ju.jpg

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I pretty much know I need both hips replaced. I also have arthritis in the SI joints. The pain is getting worse.

My daughter and I are going to St Martin the first week of Dec (70th birthday :amazed:) so no replacements before that. My goal is to try and get through until the end of hockey season. I need to control the pain. I have a bunch of questions for the doctor.

Anybody use CBD?

CBD didn’t really help me with pain either (back). It does help me relax/sleep, but it still hurts!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
8-0 at home. Best home start since 83/84.

Ahhh, 83/84. That was a fun team/year. Until the playoffs. That was some peak "can't ever beat the Habs in the playoffs" stuff.

The Steve Penney year.
2022/2023 8-0-0 home start also precedes the history of the network the franchise has been closely aligned with because I don't believe NESN existed in 1983/84, or had yet to be talked or conceived of since NESN's arrival in NE/Nationally as an RSN

Reactions: rfournier103

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Very well deserved. At this point and not to change the subject but maybe these matters (resigning Cliffy and Pasta) can be left solely to Evan Gold to negotiate since DS is distracted with huge problems.
What are these huge problems ?
They signed the trouble maker, then let him go.
What is lingering around ? Is there something else ?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What are these huge problems ?
They signed the trouble maker, then let him go.
What is lingering around ? Is there something else ?

yes. Plenty here:

Reactions: HustleB

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
He looks like the Dad from the Bubble Boy episode of Seinfeld so I've been referring to him as "Moops'.

View attachment 606576
Since we are doing are they related, Moops is Brian Doyle Murray, older brother of Bill Murray. The two brothers were in a remarkable movie together called The Razor's Edge and some other movie . . . .Caddy . . .something. Oh yeah Caddyshack. :)

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I pretty much know I need both hips replaced. I also have arthritis in the SI joints. The pain is getting worse.

My daughter and I are going to St Martin the first week of Dec (70th birthday :amazed:) so no replacements before that. My goal is to try and get through until the end of hockey season. I need to control the pain. I have a bunch of questions for the doctor.

Anybody use CBD?
CBD is a bit hit or miss, I have worked at a dispensary before and some people loved it and swore by it, others said it did nothing for them. Probably worth a try though, everyone is different

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
CBD is a bit hit or miss, I have worked at a dispensary before and some people loved it and swore by it, others said it did nothing for them. Probably worth a try though, everyone is different
Yeah I am seeing the doctor Monday and will ask. I am just trying to get through the hockey season with less pain

Reactions: NDiesel

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Am I the only person really bothered by Black Hawks being written not once, but twice?
We won the Cup in their 71-72 streak year, so that one doesn’t bother me at all. Their other ended in 1964.

Edit: I think I may have misunderstood the question. I thought you were asking about Chicago being on the list twice ahead of us, rather than how the team name was written.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yeah I am seeing the doctor Monday and will ask. I am just trying to get through the hockey season with less pain
Definitely your best bet, Doctor should know if it will be worth it, good luck I hope it feels better!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Anybody use CBD?
I am being very honest here, you do not look 70.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Thanks. Somedays I used to feel younger but these old hips make me feel 90
My mom had one of her hips replaced earlier this year. What a difference it made for her in terms of pain and mobility. She's a little older than you now, but had both knees done when she was quite a bit younger. THR has gotten so good these days, it really is a godsend for those living with hip pain.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky

Anybody use CBD?
So sorry to here about your pain . I hope you get some relief soon

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My mom had one of her hips replaced earlier this year. What a difference it made for her in terms of pain and mobility. She's a little older than you now, but had both knees done when she was quite a bit younger. THR has gotten so good these days, it really is a godsend for those living with hip pain.
Yeah, that is what I hear. I am trying to wait until June but not sure I will

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Ladyfan,

We were in Seattle last February, as you may recall, and that was only 12 days after my hip replacement surgery. I was able to walk with a cane and enjoy the Bruins game in Climate Pledge Arena. The 8 hour drive from Boise was not a problem either.

Please do not put off surgery much longer. The procedure is very refined now and you will be pain free after a few weeks.

I tried CBD and it had absolutely no effect on my hip pain. The surgery was like a miracle for me. I’m pain free and have much more mobility in my right leg.

Be sure to get a surgeon who is proficient in the anterior approach method. It has a much shorter, less painful recovery time.

Jeff

Reactions: NDiesel and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ladyfan,

We were in Seattle last February, as you may recall, and that was only 12 days after my hip replacement surgery. I was able to walk with a cane and enjoy the Bruins game in Climate Pledge Arena. The 8 hour drive from Boise was not a problem either.

Please do not put off surgery much longer. The procedure is very refined now and you will be pain free after a few weeks.

I tried CBD and it had absolutely no effect on my hip pain. The surgery was like a miracle for me. I’m pain free and have much more mobility in my right leg.

Be sure to get a surgeon who is proficient in the anterior approach method. It has a much shorter, less painful recovery time.

Jeff
I do remember you were in Seattle the same time I was! I remember you telling me about your hip.

I haven't heard that CBD helped anyone much.

Basically Jan would be the earliest. I just have to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad