GDT: Game #14 : KINGS @ OILERS - Tuesday, 2/19/’13 @ 7:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
It's rather amusing (and sad) that a backup goalie has as many points as Dustin Penner.

Penner, Lewis and King combined, aka 3 of our left wings tonight, cool.

Who needs Gagne's 5 points, when you have so many dynamic options for left wing

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I think the Kings come out with a convincing win. They remember Yakupov's celebration last game, and I'm sure they still aren't happy about it.

I hope that's not where the motivation would be coming from...I'd like to think they'd be motivated by looking at the standings and seeing themselves in the cellar.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
When will King get scratched? He's simply not an NHL caliber player.

dwight-king-muir.jpg

How quickly we forget.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I hope that's not where the motivation would be coming from...I'd like to think they'd be motivated by looking at the standings and seeing themselves in the cellar.

They're 5 points behind the Stars for 8th with 3 games in hand, while missing 3 of their top 6 d-men. They've played the least amount of home games of any team in the league with 4 compared to 9 games on the road, 11 after this current road trip. Being 1 game under .500 is not bad considering all that. There's a reason the players aren't panicking, unlike some fans.
Plus, any motivation is good motivation.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
dwight-king-muir.jpg

How quickly we forget.

No kidding, dumbest thing I've read all day.

Unless I missed something, he was good enough to be an NHL-caliber player for at least 6 months last year, and scored some pretty big goals in the playoffs. But then again, if King isn't an NHL player, then he should probably take half of our roster with him.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
They're 5 points behind the Stars for 8th with 3 games in hand, while missing 3 of their top 6 d-men. They've played the least amount of home games of any team in the league with 4 compared to 9 games on the road, 11 after this current road trip. Being 1 game under .500 is not bad considering all that. There's a reason the players aren't panicking, unlike some fans.
Plus, any motivation is good motivation.

Right....I'm glad you feel good about everything.

Nice to see we're all pumped again about being the 8th place champions.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

I wouldn't care if they got motivated by watching The Smurfs, just get a win.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Oh that year we got swept in the second round? Cool.

Every dog has his day. What Dwight King did in 2012 is in the past. What he's doing now is nothing. I'm fine with him staying in the lineup with limited minutes in order to get him going, but if he continues to provide nothing out there, then you have to question exactly what is he doing in the lineup. So far, he's done nada.

Brad Richardson scored a big goal to tie the game against the Canucks to send Game 5 into OT. I don't see many clamoring to have Brad Richardson back in the lineup. Again, what was done in the past is just that, the past.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Right....I'm glad you feel good about everything.

I don't feel good when they lose, but I'm also not going to panic because they're 5 points from a playoff spot with what they have had to endure so far this season. I, along with everyone else, witnessed what this team is capable of, and I know they can get back to that level. If they are still 5 points out of the playoffs at the end of March after all the home games they'll play that month, than I'll start panicking.

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Every dog has his day. What Dwight King did in 2012 is in the past. What he's doing now is nothing. I'm fine with him staying in the lineup with limited minutes in order to get him going, but if he continues to provide nothing out there, then you have to question exactly what is he doing in the lineup. So far, he's done nada.

Brad Richardson scored a big goal to tie the game against the Canucks to send Game 5 into OT. I don't see many clamoring to have Brad Richardson back in the lineup. Again, what was done in the past is just that, the past.

I, for one, would love to see Richie get a chance to play.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Nice to see we're all pumped again about being the 8th place champions.

Does it really matter if they finished 1st, 5th, or 8th and went on to win the Cup? Are we supposed to say, "Yeah they won the Cup, but they finished 8th. Sorry, but that's just not good enough. Now if they finished 1st and won the Cup, than a Cup win would be worth a d**n."?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Does it really matter if they finished 1st, 5th, or 8th and went on to win the Cup? Are we supposed to say, "Yeah they won the Cup, but they finished 8th. Sorry, but that's just not good enough. Now if they finished 1st and won the Cup, than a Cup win would be worth a d**n."?

Right, cause every year we should expect them to squeak into the playoffs and storm their way to the cup. How about some consistency? How about being a little ticked off they look NOTHING like the team that went 16-4 in the post-season last year?

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Right, cause every year we should expect them to squeak into the playoffs and storm their way to the cup. How about some consistency? How about being a little ticked off they look NOTHING like the team that went 16-4 in the post-season last year?

I think they've looked similar at times.

I do agree with you that it'd be nice to be a little more consistent but I'm trying to think of a team in the league that doesn't have it's share of peaks and valleys.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Unless I missed something, he was good enough to be an NHL-caliber player for at least 6 months last year, and scored some pretty big goals in the playoffs.

An aberration.

Remember when Cheechoo scored 50 goals? or when Jim Carey won the Vezina?

King isn't an NHL player. He isn't good enough offensively to play in the top 6, and doesn't bring enough grit, energy, or defensive prowess to play in the bottom 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad