GDT: Game #14 : KINGS @ OILERS - Tuesday, 2/19/’13 @ 7:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Got money on you guys tonight. What's up with the offense? All those great skilled players and it just looks like a struggle.

We can't generate anything because we are slow coming out of our zone because we are missing half our regular defense. Also, Kopitar appears like he's not recovered from the knee injury he got playing in Europe and Brown is in one of his invisible stretches.

KingKopitar11*

It really is fascinating how terrible Kopitar has been this season. I mean it's Anze Kopitar and he looks like utter ****.

People can talk about our D, and Richards, and Brown, and Gagne all they want in the end Kopitar is the one letting us down the most.

Flames'd

It's really not our D, they do suck, we put so much pressure on our D so they fold more often. We aren't pressuring their defense we aren't sustaining any pressure from Kopitar or any top guns. It's our offense, they have no hustle and no motivation.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Add some speed to our lineup would be an order of business. How well is dominated the boards with big lumbering forwards working out? It certainly isnt producing any goals just like it didnt last year. Toffoli? Vey? Kozun? Speed and skill that can be added to the lineup. Edmonton is making us look silly the way their speed is dominating us. Chicago moved the puck around us like we were a bunch of tykes.

Bernier and Stoll offer trading chips that represent some value. I would suggest King does as well. If they can not get you a return to shake things up Id be surprised.

Quit playing on the perimeter for the entire powerplay. Attack the middle, create some space and get the guys to start finishing their chances. We hardly generate any shots.

All true and where we always agree (with the exception of bringing up Vey and Toffi, too soon for both of them).

What I am asking is who do you move and for what in order to bring in the players that we need?

DL is working hard on trying to get our team back to where we ended last season, it just isn't an easy thing to do and there are a ton of variables (WM is in one step forward two steps back mode, JQ hasn't played his best yet though that is turning around, Kopi is playing through an injury etc) to consider as well.

I think our play is being dictated by our injuries right now. Everyone is playing out of sync and that is going to take time to fix.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Is willie mitchell still out for you guys?

He was incredible in his onw zone in playoffs, and went under the radar.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Man, watching Kopitar out there is so discouraging. If he's going to play like that, I'd prefer he sit it out and not risk injury. He's providing absolutely nothing out there.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Man, watching Kopitar out there is so discouraging. If he's going to play like that, I'd prefer he sit it out and not risk injury. He's providing absolutely nothing out there.

Teams finally are taking him serious. Defenders are playing him way more heavy.

Kopitar has to adjust.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010

In fairness to Kopi, it was Mark Fistric. The guy is a hitting machine (even though he sucks at everything else).

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Canucks fan here, pleaseeee beat the oilers, if they win tonight i will never stop hearing about the new 88 dynasty they are building here in alberta.

And did anyone hit yakupov this game after last game overreaction.

How is the Oilers winning a regulation game equating to a new dynasty? Maybe reaching the playoffs would be a better first start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad