GDT: Game 14 : HABS VS OILERS - It's Gameday! 8 pm Eastern: 1 hour delayed start due to Oiler covid tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The Habs have played a few "meh" games, including last night...but I don't think we've seen a "debacle" yet.

Last night was a pathetic game. Habs players were skating into each other, could barely complete a pass etc... I'd say the Habs have played pretty poorly since the first Calgary game at home. That's almost two weeks of meh to bad hockey. I think it's time to start worrying, can't play Vancouver every night.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Last night was a pathetic game. Habs players were skating into each other, could barely complete a pass etc... I'd say the Habs have played pretty poorly since the first Calgary game at home. That's almost two weeks of meh to bad hockey. I think it's time to start worrying, can't play Vancouver every night.
When is it *not* time to worry around here lol.

Seasons have an ebb and flow...hopefully they bounce back with a big win tonight.

Reactions: Trash Man

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Not even the Oilers will stop our downfall.

Oilers 5 Montreal 2

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Me thinks that next vancouver game won't be a walk in a park either... Team has regressed. Which was anticipated because it's the movie we have all seen. Start fast out of the game, then other teams get in the groove and all the Habs greatness falls apart since in a nutshell they are a still a combination of mostly talentless, lazy, tiny and uninspired forwards and slower than molasses D.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Would like to see the coach take some control and new measures....same old same old isn't gonna cut it now.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I dont know why you are still shitting on Drouin and Edmundson. They are far from the problem. Kotkaniemi and Danault need to step up. They have 12 points and 1 goal combined which is bad. Lehkonen outside of his PK chances doesnt really do much so I dont know why he's in the top 6.

Mete should never be in the lineup unless there's an injury, he blows.

That being said, the main issue right now is Price.
Drouin is close to be a ppg right now and he still bash from a lot of posters. I dont get it. He has his flaws. But I prefer a guy who put points on board than nothing else

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don't know how many times a forward passed it to a covered defenseman last night. The Leafs played it really well though. Their guys were always covering our dmen.
It's because Habs D are not hard to cover. they are like pylons, there is no mobility. And Clod et Co. keep recycling exactly same types of setups that simply don't work.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin is close to be a ppg right now and he still bash from a lot of posters. I dont get it. He has his flaws. But I prefer a guy who put points on board than nothing else
JD has some points, but he has not played well. Riding the coat tails of his line mates for sure.
Watching the games, and JD is another guy who seems lost, and very soft on the puck.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Would like to see the coach take some control and new measures....same old same old isn't gonna cut it now.
I honestly don't think Clod know anything else beside what he's been doing for decades. The game has passed him by about 20 years. And Muller never had it.

Reactions: hvac412

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Good news, Price isn't playing, we will win. I expect lots of mean looks tonight, but zero physical play.

Reactions: Runner77

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Clod will coach this into a much tighter game than it should be...and I don't mean that in a good way, as the Oilers shouldn't even be in our weight class...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The habs are in a funk. I'd say they have been sluggish in 4 of the last 6 games. I don't want to list the number of players who struggled or were invisible last night because it would be too long.

On the bright side, I thought Armia looked really good coming back, but there wasnt really anything else that was positive to take away from that game, other than that the habs were right there against the best team in the division despite playing arguably their worst game of the year.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Game day again, the key word ''game''. A game is played with the objective of winning. How about showing up and putting effort into it for starters.:pullhair:

Reactions: Runner77

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Clod taking absolutely no responsibility for anything, what a shocker...in other news, water may be wet...

Clod.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad