GDT: Game #14 || "Choker Awards" || Capitals @ Canucks || Mon Oct 28/13 7PM SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudonymous*

you dont understand?

hes telling me theyre getting alot of shots and the players can't truly be that bad of players

im telling him that their shot percentage being poor right now doesn't mean that their powerplay is good , hes suggesting that their shot percentage will go up and the shots will stay high

instead of considering the idea that when their shot percentage goes up , shots could lower, keeping their PP% the same.

still dont understand? can't help you if so

on top of his theory being flawed...

im being shown stats of why their PP is going to be good this year. lol after 10 games.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Washington's speed is scary.

Their defense may be utter crap but when you watch 3 of their guys hauling ass for your goalie you're like oh s**t.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
? what are you talking about? my point is their shooters aren't true snipers and take low risk shots and when they are in a good position, dont have those players who can put it top shelf (instead, it goes right into the goalie). that has 0 relation to how many shots they choose to take.

So why would their shooting percentage go up to a more normal level if lack of skill and poor shot quality are the issues? You said things could even out if their shot volume decreases but they still score at the same rate on the PP, but for that to happen they'd have to convert on a higher percentage of their shots which is kind of antithetical to your argument that their low percentage is due to their personnel and strategy.

I don't want it to seem like people are picking on you or anything, but there are normal ranges of shooting percentage on the PP and the Canucks are far, far outside that range. Who knows what'll happen from here on out, but arguing that the Canucks' almost impossibly low shooting percentage on the PP stems from their abilities or their shot quality is untenable IMO.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
My theory is that old woman in the investment fraud ad is the director's mom.

I like it, I do financial planning and I can't tell you how often I see people considering or already have sunk money into those schemes. 18% return tax free buying cheap aids medication and reselling in Africa for 4x the price :help: because apparently all the rich people live in Africa and can afford it :help:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
****in Ovie man. Is such a cherry picker. At the game. Watching him bail the zone early to cheat on a rush over and over is laughable.

He's not back. He's just not the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad