Post-Game Talk: GAME 13 - You can't win if you don't score - Nashville 1 BRUINS 0 F

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Ya, I've never really understood that. I'm not pollyanna all the time but this desperation to be negative is draining. It's like some people want to do their best so other people can't enjoy things either.

One of my brothers is like that with The Vikings - whom at least earned that doom and gloom frustration with more heartbreaks than allowed - but I had to stop talking football with him a few years back because win or lose or whatever - he would just go on about the worst and try to suck the fun out of it for me. But he's also the kinda guy that'll get a year long contract for triple his money but complain that he doesn't get paid holidays.

Let the angry depressed people vent. Guarantee it's not just hockey and The Bruins they see the darkness in.

Yeah. I just got tired of it and started putting a lot more posters on ignore. Hate doing it because I do like to see what just about everyone posts, but it’s now to the point where some posters just can’t get past their narrow agendas and flat out ruin every thread.

So on the ignore list they go

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't see the jump from Jake Debrusk, I only hope the season still being young that he starts to pick up his game. I still like when Donato plays he gets off good shots and has that quick speed. Heinen has looked horrid and Backes looks to be on Pace for his usual low points total, he does not fit in with this team. Time will surely tell as it is still a young season, let's hope they improve soon and extinguish those feelings a lot of us have of another lost season.

I think a lot of it for Jake right now is mental. He got off to a real good start but the puck wasn't finding the back of the net and then the mysterious benching by Casidy, where I felt Debrusk was actually one of the better forwards. Has hurt his confidence a little bit which has affected his decision making. I'm not too worried about him, he'll eventually come out of his funk and be around 20 goals by seasons end.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Remember last year when they were down by 2 goals after 2. We were all confident going into the 3rd. It’s not the case this year... I hate to use injuries but to have healthy Miller and McAvoy (and Krug) would help a lot first of all.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m ecstatic with this 1-0 loss.

When Cassidy splits up Pastrnak & Marchand 5 on 5 for extended periods of time the team will take off.

Only way Cassidy will make the change is split them up

Marchand- Bergeron -Heinen/Bjork
Marchand- Krejci - Heinen/Bjork

DeBrusk- Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak

The second he does this this team rolls

Reactions: Strafer

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

When Cassidy splits up Pastrnak & Marchand 5 on 5 for extended periods of time the team will take off.

DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak

It is time for a Bjork attempt on first or secound.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
one (three) trick pony, not terribly hard to strategize around
If I’m coaching against them I prioritize that line and tell my team don’t worry about Bergeron but play physical against Marchand and Pastrnak- just continuously bump them, take their space away get in their way - stand to close on pre face offs - irritate 63 and 88

I’m stunned a smart guy like Cassidy leaves them together

Power plays yes but 5 on 5 no

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It is time for a Bjork attempt on first or secound.
I’m going
Monday
Thursday
Sunday

I’m 24-0 in last 24 regular season games

3-0 this year
21-0 last year

I will hold Cassidy personally accountable if they lose because he’s too stubborn to build 2 highly skilled lines

I believe in Bruce

Do it damn it

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I’m going
Monday
Thursday
Sunday

I’m 24-0 in last 24 regular season games

3-0 this year
21-0 last year

I will hold Cassidy personally accountable if they lose because he’s too stubborn to build 2 highly skilled lines

I believe in Bruce

Do it damn it

It would be so much fun to have a fan pick the lines for one night. Bruins marketing should consider allowing a one time fan picks the line up night.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It would be so much fun to have a fan pick the lines for one night. Bruins marketing should consider allowing a one time fan picks the line up night.
Cassidy is very bright he’s dealt with his weaknesses

Necessity is the mother of invention

Famous quote that likely will be the solution

Reactions: Blowfish

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak

This is what I would try. 1 30 goal scorer per line.

Debrusk Bergeron Bjork
Marchand Krejci Backes
Heinen Nordstrom Pastrnak

Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak are all capable of creating their own offense so why not let them individually try and make all of these other players better. If you're behind in the 3rd, you can always put the three of them back together to try and create more but at least it makes the team tougher to defend against when they're split up.

Reactions: Strafer and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is what I would try. 1 30 goal scorer per line.

Debrusk Bergeron Bjork
Marchand Krejci Backes
Heinen Nordstrom Pastrnak

Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak are all capable of creating their own offense so why not let them individually try and make all of these other players better. If you're behind in the 3rd, you can always put the three of them back together to try and create more but at least it makes the team tougher to defend against when they're split up.
Key word ‘create’

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Have the Bruins beat a contending playoff team this year?

I'm confident against the Detroits and Ottawas of the league but that's about it

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

At the end of this clip, listen to Jack and Brick talking about the Isles' goaltending issues (i.e. Halak).

Fast forward ten months. I wonder if the Isles would like to have him back. :laugh:

I've seen a few Islanders games this season. I think the answer would be "hell yes"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad