GDT: Game 13: Sharks vs. Oilers 7:30pm ESPN+ and Hulu only

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

What will Katz do? He's had 4+ GMs since he bought team in 2008 (Tambellini, MacTavish, Chiarelli, Gretzky-interim, Holland).

And on tenth head coach.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Man that save by bbc on the draisaitl wraparound... so many of our recent goalies would never have gotten anywhere near back into decent position to make a play on that, let alone save it.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
by the way, Kane looked so bad. I’m fascinated by his penchant for being very good for a year or two with a new team and then becoming a terrible cancer man.
I;'ve watched a few Oilers games this year, he looks too big. Like, to reference IASIP, he tacked on too much mass and lost flexibility.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It shouldn't be lost on us that in these two wins we've been outshot by 43, more than a minus 20 shot differential a night

We really haven't improved our play, we've just played two basement teams and gotten .962 goaltending, all the problems are still staring us in the face

I do like some of the roster changes (top line Eklund, Addison addition, Okhotiuk looking great), but we're not playing any better, we've just had our luck turn a bit, I fully expect the losing to resume soon

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Blackwood has been a revelation. I don't care what people say about MG. His moves have gotten the team going in the right direction. Nikita and Zetterlund have both been solid so far. Ferraro has to go.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I f***ing hate this team so much
I can’t thank you enough for sharing this thought. Good on ya.

Blackwood was amazing - don’t think the sharks win without him today
As amazing as Blackwood was, he was given goal support by the boys in front of him. This team is playing the way they talked about before the season started.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
It shouldn't be lost on us that in these two wins we've been outshot by 43, more than a minus 20 shot differential a night

We really haven't improved our play, we've just played two basement teams and gotten .962 goaltending, all the problems are still staring us in the face

I do like some of the roster changes (top line Eklund, Addison addition, Okhotiuk looking great), but we're not playing any better, we've just had our luck turn a bit, I fully expect the losing to resume soon
we all know this team is terrible, try to enjoy the few fun moments of the season

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
we all know this team is terrible, try to enjoy the few fun moments of the season
I was having fun wallowing in the muck like the swine I am, lol

I do appreciate seeing some young players succeed, that's the real goal of this season to me, Eklund and Okhotiuk especially were bright spots last night, I just also won't pretend I didn't see what I saw out there, this team is ROUGH

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
I was having fun wallowing in the muck like the swine I am, lol

I do appreciate seeing some young players succeed, that's the real goal of this season to me, Eklund and Okhotiuk especially were bright spots last night, I just also won't pretend I didn't see what I saw out there, this team is ROUGH
It's ideal. Have line or two that has a chance to score and get buried by the other lines' performance. Lose while developing and being watchable.

Best of both worlds

Reactions: knu

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Could the Timo trade be the our Karlsson trade? All these pieces are looking solid right now. Even if the Sharks only end up with a 2nd rather than another 1st, it still looks good. Hopefully, this trend continues.
The Timo trade won't be our Karlsson trade because there's no unprotected first... but it definitely looks like a solid return at the moment. I'm pleased with the players so far, and we haven't even seen Mukh who was the centerpiece.
Blackwood has been a revelation. I don't care what people say about MG. His moves have gotten the team going in the right direction. Nikita and Zetterlund have both been solid so far. Ferraro has to go.
I have been vocal about Ferraro playing tryhard hero hockey, and seeming a bit like a meat stick out there with decision making, but I do think he's an NHL defenseman. He just shouldn't be an A-wearing, top-pairing D. He would probably thrive as a 4th D with a solid offensive defenseman pair partner who is borderline top pair... he would definitely thrive in a bottom pairing role on a better team. He just can't be the guy carrying the whole team at 24 and without the top-end skill to do so. It sounds like MG sees him as a critical piece of the future and I doubt we see him moved.

• Wow

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Could the Timo trade be the our Karlsson trade? All these pieces are looking solid right now. Even if the Sharks only end up with a 2nd rather than another 1st, it still looks good. Hopefully, this trend continues.
I know people hate quantity for quality trades on this board but it seems like we got 2 young solid NHL players in Zetterlund and Okhotiuk. A very good prospect in Muk. A first in a loaded draft that turned into Musty. And either a first or second round pick in this years draft. That could be a fantastic trade for us...

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I know people hate quantity for quality trades on this board but it seems like we got 2 young solid NHL players in Zetterlund and Okhotiuk. A very good prospect in Muk. A first in a loaded draft that turned into Musty. And either a first or second round pick in this years draft. That could be a fantastic trade for us...
I’m seeing some people making these points. MGGM needs to be given props for this. Five seconds after the trade, many here were ready to take his head off. Acting as if they know better than him. He’s proving to be more savvy than most wanted to Credit him with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad