GDT: Game 13: Seattle Kraken(4-7-1) @ Vegas Knights(6-6-0) - 7:00 p.m. PT/10:00 p.m. ET

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Its an expansion team. I can't get upset at what is happening but I want one of two things this season.

- Top-5 pick next season

OR

- Playoff spot
Thats how I feel but as I was trying to state in another post that I dont think we will be bad enough for that top 5 pick and not good enough to garner a playoff spot and stuck in mediocrity for awhile, Like the MN Wild

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
We played a good road game for 40 minutes and then gave it away in about two.

Seems like we really like to make opposing teams goalies(I know Lehner's a good one) look like prime Hasek while we can never get a timely save from our guys.

That Gourde line worked their tails off to score that second goal just to sit down and watch them tie the game with ease.
That has got to be really tough on team moral and watching that third period you saw a couple guys hanging their hats and being frustrated.

BTW: Is it just me or is Giordano trying to skate really tough to watch?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Genuinely curious how long of a leash Hakstol has, in any. i.e if the team is at 15 points or less by game 20, does GMRF do anything?

There won't be anything happening this season and Francis hasn't shown to be a guy of quick decisions so far in Seattle, just like in Carolina.

Overall this is a longer built and like you've said before, we should look to either go for a playoff spot or a high end lottery pick.
Given the talent level of the team(and the very small margin of error thanks to it) and the fact you can't expect playoff level intensity for 82 games, I think the latter's rather more realistic....

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I thought Driedger played well from what I saw. The goals he let in weren't too soft, but at times I doubt he's truly a starting goaltender or just a very solid 1B goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad