GDT: Game 13 | Philadelphia @ Columbus | 7 PM EST | The Return of Torts

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Let’s enjoy this victory, if Z is out, this might be our only win for a bit.

JG is the first, second and third star tonight
I don't agree, Korpisalo was great. If Elvis was there the result could be awful.

Nice night from Korpisalo. He's got to feel great about it. The defensemen showed true heart tonight, impressive stuff from them.
Ds were excellent but I think Fs helped them very good. 👍🏻

Last edited:

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Cole needs to be sent down asap.

he isn’t producing or bringing anything to the table other than putrid skating and horrible puck handling skills.

tonight he was on the ice for just ONE shot on goal at even strength despite playing more than 12 minutes at even strength. that’s awful. not to mention he was on the ice for 8 shots against at EVS.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Is the fourth line really who we want out there against the flyers 6v5? Less than 3 mins in the game, not sure why they see the ice.

Unless that’s who the coaching staff trusts, but then I still think that’s not a good sign.

I'd sooner trust Gaunce, Robinson, and Olivier than our kid line. Probably no worse than Roslovic's line either.

Our fourth line has been a D zone starts heavy line since Kuraly joined the team, it isn't a sheltered unit.

Kopri, impressive.
I’m seriously not hating on elvis, I just really believe if he was in net, philly would’ve had atleast 3.

philly had an expected goal total of 4.48
Korpi with 2.48 saves above expected. game changer.

Just my impression but I think 4.48 probably overstates the danger a bit. A lot of Flyers grinders whacking at pucks. Korpi was good though.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Damn.. when you think the defense couldn't possibly get worse, lol.. when it rains it pours baby!!

8's Injury may be my embrace the tank moment.. yes I'm being slightly dramatic.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
4A56106D-E58A-4B8C-A2C9-515F08C0FCF4.jpeg

BF0F790E-7F02-4112-AE4C-5BD2F1745CFF.png

bleh bleh bleh.

according to hockeystatcards, Gavrikov is rated the worst defenseman in all of hockey. worse than Gudbranson.

We're about to find out if Z on PP1 has been a hinderance as some of you have posited.

Oh, good catch! 3.54 is their actual number. Right?

according to naturalstattrick, yep. the xGF for philly that I posted earlier was from moneypuck. quite a big difference which maybe that’s why @majormajor thought philly had a lower xGF total than the above 4 stat that I posted.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
View attachment 606376

View attachment 606378

bleh bleh bleh.

according to hockeystatcards, Gavrikov is rated the worst defenseman in all of hockey. worse than Gudbranson.

according to naturalstattrick, yep. the xGF for philly that I posted earlier was from moneypuck. quite a big difference which maybe that’s why @majormajor thought philly had a lower xGF total than the above 4 stat that I posted.
Gavrikov primarily plays defensive zone starts and penalty kill, considering the state of CBJ in general, that’s hard to imagine good numbers for someone in his position

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Gavrikov primarily plays defensive zone starts and penalty kill, considering the state of CBJ in general, that’s hard to imagine good numbers for someone in his position

do you think he’s been good? what about even average? I don’t. I think his play has regressed heavily since his rookie season, regardless of what advanced stats say.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
do you think he’s been good? what about even average? I don’t. I think his play has regressed heavily since his rookie season, regardless of what advanced stats say.
Every single veteran defenseman performance regressed this season, tbh

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I'm coming in late, so this probably isn't original thought at this point, but did anyone else notice that the Jackets played some of its best defensive hockey of the season AFTER Werenski and Gudbranson were out of the lineup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad